Chapter 390 (Vol 2) – Endless Crisis (3)
1.6k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* Click! *

A jade glowed and emitted a faint sound.

"Sis." Mu Shuiruo stopped her alchemy production and quickly turned to look at Zhang Xinya who was somewhat far away slaughtering a demonic horde. Her eyes showed concern and nerves.

"I know." Zhang Xinya turned and nodded, finishing off the last demonic beast, "I sensed the signal as well. There seems to be trouble in the city." She looked in the direction towards Star City, looking as if she could see what was going on.

"These are medicinal pills. The last batch were spirit pills to replenish energy." Mu Shuiruo put away her own cauldron and handed a bottle of pills to Zhang Xinya.

Storing the pill bottle, Zhang Xinya looked at her and said, "Then you stay here. If a horde appears and you can eliminate it, do so, but if you can't, you have your defensive artifact. That way you could protect yourself and him as well."

Both beautiful women turned to look in the same direction, looking with worry and sadness at the body of Ling Tian who was still suspended in the air, still in his horrible state and with a layer of blood all over his body due to the fact that it had dried up.

After many days, there had been no change or sign that Ling Tian could wake up; it was as if he was really just sleeping all this time, showing no expression of pain or suffering.

The women had taken turns staying and caring for Ling Tian, waiting for the moment when he would wake up or at least they could get close and feel him. Now it was Mu Shuiruo and Zhang Xinya's turn.

Also, it was because the demonic beasts would appear nearby and head towards this place, so they would completely watch and not let anything come close. But it's not like they could really do anything to Ling Tian, since even they couldn't get close and touch him, let alone the demonic beasts. But still, they didn't let anything get close.

The small, dry tree that was the core of the world had grown much larger, gradually growing larger while slowly feeding on the powerful and rich energy of the universe thanks to the formation that had taken place.

Suddenly.

* CRACK!!! * * SWOOSH!!! *

A powerful and profound energy, clearly stronger than both women, burst out from a spatial rift and rushed through the place, as if scanning the world!

Zhang Xinya and Mu Shuiruo were stunned as they felt this tremendous force.

What was that?

Some powerful demonic beast?

This energy was clearly stronger than them!

Separation and Reunion Realm?

Or maybe...

Great Ascension Realm?!

But this sent a strange feeling through them.

"Won't the others be in trouble?" Mu Shuiruo worried, thinking about the others' situation.

"It's better for you to go, Sis." Zhang Xinya expanded her spirit sense in search of something strange and said, "You have the Defense Map, so it would be better if you go. I'll stay here for anything."

Mu Shuiruo nodded with a worried expression. No one wanted to leave Ling Tian alone, so someone was needed to stay in this place.

Both of them felt reluctant to leave. Zhang Xinya had great attacking power, while Mu Shuiruo was the best at defending herself thanks to her treasure. However, the main thing was that they did not want to leave Ling Tian.

* Purr! *

The little white fox purred at this moment, attracting the attention of both women.

In all this time, the only one who stayed all the time in this place, was the little white fox. It would always be close to Ling Tian and would not stay away for long.

A soft, luminous energy came out of the little white creature's body, heading towards the tree in the middle of the lake.

* Crunch! *

The branches of the tree began to move, startling the two women at this point. They looked closely at what the tree was doing.

The branches stretched out in the direction of Ling Tian, at which, both girls were startled and were about to move, but were stopped by the little white fox, who shook its head, as if trying to convey to them that all was fine.

The wood grew quickly, forming what appeared to be a wall around Ling Tian while the leaves grew lengthwise, giving the impression at the end that it appeared to be a giant vine.

What looked like a mesh of wood and leaves, formed around Ling Tian.

"Did you ask it to protect him?" Mu Shuiruo looked at the little white fox and asked.

The little white fox nodded and jumped towards her shoulder.

"Thank you." Mu Shuiruo smiled gratefully at the tree and caressed the little white fox that was on her shoulder. She understood that the spirit of this world had heeded the little white creature.

"Then we have to go." Zhang Xinya looked around, searching for some demonic beast to kill in case they could find this place later, "Besides, I have that worry that I can't shake off."

Mu Shuiruo nodded at what Zhang Xinya said. Both of them felt that something unimaginable might happen in a short time, due to the powerful energy coming from the spatial rift.

It even seemed that the little white fox was planning to leave for the first time to help them with something.

"Husband, we'll be back later." Mu Shuiruo put her hand to her heart, hoping that Ling Tian could react and recover.

Zhang Xinya also looked in Ling Tian's direction, not wanting anything bad to happen to him as long as no one was here. This would also be the first time they would leave Ling Tian alone.

The three of them took a while to leave and flew in the direction of Star City, not noticing Ling Tian's eyebrows furrowed slightly as his eyelids twitched. His expression changed subtly while a powerful force passed through his body and tore through some of his flesh again before being healed and recovered by an amazing vitality coming from his heart.

*****

Yun Mengxin suddenly appeared, changing the current situation. Her powerful aura seemed to rival the demonic panther!

* GROAR!!! *

Nevertheless, the demonic panther seemed not to have used its full power as it roared once again, expelling much more energy as it felt a powerful force as well.

Like tearing a sheet of paper with ease, the demonic beast's power shattered and won against Yun Mengxin's aura.

"Potential!" Yun Mengxin muttered and clenched her teeth tightly as she felt that her own strength wasn't enough.

This demonic beast was clearly at the Separation and Reunion realm!

The aura it was expelling was clearly a Potential, something it could easily suppress and win against cultivators below that realm.

"Although this Potential is powerful, it hasn't refined it and doesn't have much pressure as a true expert in this precise realm." Yun Mengxin narrowed her eyes, calmly analyzing the situation and sensing the powerful aura emanating from the demonic beast. She was certain that this Potential did not have the full purity of a true expert.

Although this demonic panther could use the Potential, Yun Mengxin still did not panic or back down. After all, she had been training under Ling Tian's Domain! A suppression far more powerful than a mere Potential!

"We must get rid of it quickly!" Yun Mengxin called out to the others, warning them.

An ominous feeling was beginning to form inside her, as if she sensed that something dangerous was about to happen and she had to exterminate this demonic beast fast.

The demonic panther roared and charged towards Yun Mengxin.

With a swing of her sword, Yun Mengxin sent out a diagonal slash as she dodged the attack, creating a gust of cold wind that seemed to be a flash.

* Swoosh!!! * *Swoosh!!! *

Dozens of swords filled the sky and shot towards the demonic beast, managing to hit the strikes as it began to bleed slightly. Qing Sha and Lan Yin flew in the sky, summoning the heavenly sword technique to slay this monster.

Long Yuyin and Tang Wanying finished off the remaining demonic beasts that were nearby and unfortunately had not been killed by the panther, so they had to clean up everything in order to concentrate on the latter.

The others stayed nearby without intervening, as their force levels were insufficient and would only hinder the women. The guards and other daring martial artists stood on the city walls, trying to watch the thunderous battle.

Shan Qingwu stayed with Lan Yin and Qing Sha, feeling helpless for not being able to help due to her current level of strength. She had been unable to get close to the demonic panther due to the aura it emanated!

Yun Mengxin attacked again, concentrating on one of its legs to make it fall easier when the demonic panther's long tail prevented her from attacking. Its tail seemed to be made of spikes and such, swinging madly as if it were a shield at the same time.

* Whoosh!!! *

Several giant swirls of air were created as the demon panther roared, creating them from its power and directing it towards its attackers. Some swirls were so fast that they headed towards the city walls.

Trees and so on were torn apart by the terrifying force of destruction, somewhat surprising everyone watching.

Yun Mengxin waved her hand and a blast of icy wind weakened and even stopped some air whirlwinds, but there were still several that managed to escape because these were not together.

The demon panther roared, wanting to enclose Yun Mengxin and the others and prevent them from moving as the remaining whirlpools approached the city.

The power of these whirlpools was comparable to the peak level of the Nascent Soul, so it would undoubtedly sweep away everything in its path with ease.

Yun Mengxin broke the lockup and was about to move to prevent these attacks from reaching the city when a gigantic wall of pure energy appeared, smashing into the whirlpools and dissipating them, thus ceasing the danger to the city in a few seconds.

25