Chapter 458 (Vol 2) – The Way Of Your Own Dao
1.7k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian's mind went blank for a long with his gaze on this book.

"What is this doing in my body, is it really real...?" Ling Tian couldn't believe it.

This is the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures that was mentioned in the legend!

The way to find the true Immortality and Divinity!

Time seemed to pass while Ling Tian still looked at these scriptures with an unrealistic feeling. While there would be very few things that could deeply surprise Ling Tian, this was one of them.

Ling Tian had been in many places, as well as special areas and lost ruins of both the Immortal realm and the dead and abandoned worlds. He found a lot of information and on some worlds where the vestiges of civilization were very old and ancient, they mentioned about a type of book that was the scriptures of heaven itself that would help one to reach the true heaven.

This type of scripture was mysterious and sacred, coming from heaven itself and would help one to understand the mysteries of the universe as well as the Great Dao itself to finally become one with Heaven.

Although no one was completely sure that it really existed, since no one had ever claimed to see it or that anyone was known to have it. It was only rumors that remained, but curiously remained for all generations until the present day.

Ling Tian did not know what this was doing in his body, but he did know that it obviously had to do with the Great Dao itself. He didn't have it before until after this second battle with the Great Dao.

"Could this be that third sphere that hadn't disappeared from my Consciousness Sea?" Ling Tian wondered as he remembered that only one of the three spheres was left floating in his Consciousness Sea, but it was cracked and a terrifying force was inside it.

When Ling Tian thought about the latter, he wondered: wasn't that breath of the Primordial Chaos Force the same energy that was sealed in that third sphere? That terrifying destructive energy gave him the same feeling as the Chaos energy, so they should be the same. But he could not access his Consciousness Sea to see if that sphere was still there.

Maybe that sphere became this book of heaven containing the legendary scriptures...

As he thought of the spheres, an ironic and ridiculous expression manifested itself in him. Those three spheres that had been quiet all his life finally manifested and transformed into the mysterious sacred objects of legend.

Ling Tian observed this book for a long time before making the decision and inspecting it further.

This book was clearly locked and had chains around it, preventing Ling Tian from being able to open it and see its contents. It even looked as if it had three sections inside upon closer inspection, as the first section the edges of the pages looked very old and ancient, the second section was less faded and old while the third and last section was white, as if it was completely new...

Interestingly, although he could not open it, the energy it contained could be extracted and expelled out of his body, and Ling Tian quickly figured it out and it is because it was his own energy somehow. But Ling Tian felt that this energy was limited and strangely there was not much of it, as if all his power was barely enough to have created this book and leave a little of his old power behind.

Ling Tian had a strange feeling, as if his instinct was curiously telling him to "introduce" his spirit sense into this book.

He did not hesitate and calmly, he directed his spirit sense into this book containing the supposed Sacred Heavenly Scriptures.

Instantly, the space around Ling Tian became completely darkened as if he entered another mysterious space with nothing else around him. The Sacred Heavenly Scriptures appeared in front of him, obviously in the form of the same book.

"Soul Body?" As Ling Tian was about to reach out and take the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures, he realized that he was in his Soul Essence in the form of a body.

His soul body was somewhat dim, remarking that he was really weak to barely show it.

So, Ling Tian finally stretched out his hand and took the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures.

The next moment, a gentle energy flowed into him and slowly began to strengthen his Soul Essence. A greater comfort began to be felt.

Ling Tian took a deep breath trying to heal himself some more before checking the book.

And indeed, the book could not open, let alone break those chains around it.

"You really have great willpower and an amazing motivation that drives you intensely to not give up and keep going..."

The next moment, a calm and gentle voice was heard, which alarmed Ling Tian a little. A Soul Essence appeared and began to slowly form until a body was formed.

"Senior Linqi?"

Ling Tian murmured in mild stupefaction as he saw that this soul looked exactly like Linqi! He felt that it really was him and not another Remnant Soul!

"Hey. We meet again." Linqi smiled softly.

Ling Tian noticed that the Soul's body was much more tenuous than his own, so surely Linqi should have already died and now only a part of his soul remained...

But what mainly surprised him was why Linqi appeared in this place.

Could it be that he somehow entered these Sacred Heavenly Scriptures?

"How is it that you're here?" Ling Tian raised his eyebrows somewhat puzzled.

"I just wanted to know how you were doing and in passing that you can listen to some humble advice from this old man before I completely leave..." Linqi softly approached. His soul body finally formed and stopped beside him.

Ling Tian said nothing and nodded with a grateful smile. Despite being a little surprised, Ling Tian soon calmed down and felt that it shouldn't be strange that Linqi's remnant soul was here.

Many inexplicable changes were occurring in both his body and soul. Linqi might have appeared to tell him a few things.

"If Senior is very generous, then I would be very grateful to listen to your valuable advice." Ling Tian nodded with a grateful expression.

Linqi nodded and his gaze shifted to the book in Ling Tian's hands and said, "This is the third time the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures have manifested..."

Ling Tian raised his eyebrow in surprise at the thought that there were already two other people before him to obtain this object from heavens.

"What happened to those two beings before me?" Ling Tian asked.

If there really were two individuals before who obtained this, wouldn't they be like true Gods or Heaven itself?

And now it appears in him?

"Telling you this won't be good for you." Linqi lightly shook his head, still keeping that calm smile on his face and added, "It may even change your path, alter the destiny that is somehow set for you or even something would happen that you couldn't imagine..."

Linqi's answer was clear and precise; knowing would be bad and would even be very counterproductive for him.

Ling Tian only thought of two possibilities: the first was that those two individuals reached an absolute position and somehow these scriptures returned to heaven having fulfilled its purposes, or the second possibility was that they both died on the way to the top...

Ling Tian nodded in understanding. Sometimes knowing everything isn't the best thing to do, but having a hint or clues wouldn't hurt at all and might even clear one's path a bit.

"But it seems that it still won't allow me to access it, even if I have it." Ling Tian lightly waved the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures in his hand.

"Accepting is not the same as acknowledging. Likewise having it is not the same as it being truly yours." Linqi said slowly, "Fate is unpredictable, it works in mysterious ways that sometimes one cannot understand. But when you least realize it, you will have been recognized and will be able to see beyond what your eyes can see."

"And even so that guy still wanted to kill me, even to the point of wanting to destroy my body with that Primordial Chaos Force energy, or am I exaggerating?" Ling Tian mocked the Great Dao despite having given him the famous Sacred Heavenly Scriptures.

If it wasn't for the amazing vitality of the World Tree, his body would be destroyed and perhaps his soul would have perished back then.

Linqi did not reply, but had his gaze on Ling Tian's eyes. Ling Tian also did not back down or flinch, remaining calm at all times.

"I really shouldn't be here or tell you these things, but I really like you and I hope and wish from the bottom of my heart that you could go far and fulfill your wish." Linqi smiled and said slowly, but that voice and that look towards Ling Tian really conveyed sincerity and appreciation. His smile so gentle and calm really made him look like a kind old man. Then, he replied, "That Chaos energy was because it was cleansing your body completely. The vitality of the Great World Tree and all your power that you have cultivated were clashing against Chaos itself, preventing them from coexisting in harmony."

Ling Tian wasn't that surprised, as he somehow imagined that this might be a possibility. But what really surprised him was that Linqi, a celestial being who belonged to heaven itself was willing to advise him even though according to him he shouldn't be here.

"Is that why one would have to be reborn in order to advance further?"

Ling Tian asked and Linqi nodded softly.

So that was a primary requirement, if not the most important one. One would not be able to move on because one needed to be reborn and take the predestined path that the Great Dao would give one.

"The Primal Chaos Force was incomplete and was only a sliver, so at that time it could not properly coexist with your own and other energies."  Linqi saw Ling Tian's thought and clarified, then said, "You have deviated from the path set by the Great Dao, but despite this you have been allowed to move forward. There are many things going on right now throughout the universe, and now you have been given the opportunity to intervene, just like those who were before you."

"So, is that why this has three records?" Ling Tian lifted up the Sacred Heavenly Scriptures and pointed to the third section. Ling Tian felt that the third section of the book somehow belonged to him, as a record that he now had possession of this mysterious object and had just been created, while the other two belonged to those before him.

Linqi nodded his head and after a few seconds said, "There are many things you do not know, as well as some things you should not know for now, but I assure you that in time you will know... but I know that you know and understand that very well." His smile seemed to indicate that Ling Tian was aware.

Ling Tian sighed knowing that he was still under the control of the Great Dao with everything that had happened; he knew nothing, he couldn't understand many things, let alone see through it all, as if there was a thin, almost transparent barrier he couldn't get through.

But he soon put that aside, he had decided that he would do everything to control his own life and destiny. Now he must not only reach the peak of strength, but also have that inexplicable force to get ahead and, above all, to be able to protect his loved ones which is the most important thing to him.

Linqi's Soul's body soon began to become blurry, at any moment to disappear.

"Believe in yourself and never give up, I know you can achieve your goal. Just like the two before you, it will depend only on you if you can go ahead and firmly face whatever the fate has planned for you..." Linqi patted and gently squeezed Ling Tian's shoulder, conveying to him a feeling of security and confidence while showing an inexplicably familiar smile, as if he was completely sure that Ling Tian would make it and said, "You now have the third chance given by the Great Dao to reach the top. The three lives have been given in three different paths... live and fight to get ahead, you... you have to achieve the way of your own Dao..."

Linqi's figure finally disappeared.

27