Chapter 485 (Vol 2) – Master Is Very Angry
1.2k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No." Ling Tian shook his head and pointed to the sky, calmly saying, "My family is not from this world. My family and my origin is from a higher world, beyond the heavens."

Ling Guosheng's eyes widened in shock and he swallowed fiercely as he listened to Ling Tian.

He believed him!

If there was anyone Ling Guosheng would believe without asking for proof or more, it was Ling Tian!

In the past, everyone knew that Ling Tian never told lies and always spoke the truth, whether subtly, directly or indirectly, even surprising adults by his intelligent expression of speaking. When he wanted to tell any lie, Ling Tian always gave hints of what he was doing, expressing that he was really sincere and honest with them.

Although it had been hundreds of years, Ling Guosheng still trusted Ling Tian and was sure that this cousin of his would not lie to him.

"You mean you came from that world of Immortals and Gods?" Ling Guosheng stammered when he asked this.

Gods!

Immortals!

The world spoken of in legend and dreamed of by many is real!

Ling Tian nodded with a small smile as he saw his cousin's expression and added, "Although I don't know why I appeared in this place, I am certain that I was not abandoned by them, but I might have suffered an incident in which I ended up falling into this world."

Ling Guosheng was slow to process what Ling Tian said. Although Ling Ahlang had not spoken all this time, he had also been silently listening and receiving a great shock just like his father.

"No wonder..." Ling Guosheng murmured and exhaled, "No wonder I found no clues about your family in this world after all this time. I even remember once my Master told us that strangely enough your body was the best to practice, you might even become a genius that would be unparalleled in this world, but that unfortunately we shouldn't tell you anything or involve you in the practitioner world otherwise we wanted you to have a very tragic and pain-filled fate..." Yet, Ling Guosheng still thought that Ling Tian had to suffer after all.

Ling Tian frowned slightly and thought, 'Master in Divination Dao?' It seems like this world was not simple at all.

"I feel like you knew who that old man was?" Ling Tian asked as he remembered Ling Guosheng's look when he mentioned that old man.

Ling Guosheng looked at Ling Tian for several seconds before saying, "That man was a former Evil Sect Master of an evil sect in a hidden place, and then fled when he was betrayed by his own people."

Ling Tian's eyes flashed coldly, with a slight trace of killing intent that even made Ling Guosheng shiver slightly.

"He was?" Ling Tian asked indifferently.

Ling Guosheng nodded and spoke slowly, "After witnessing the massacre that day, my Master took me with him, presuming that it might have been an attack aimed at our family and they sought to wipe out all the members."

"Why would they target our family?" Ling Tian scowled.

"Because of the family legacy..." Ling Guosheng sighed again, causing Ling Tian to raise his eyebrow, then he explained, "Our family descended from true practitioners and immortals since ancient times, a powerful family that reigned various places in the world. Only a few generations ago, our family disassociated itself from that world and wanted to continue as a normal family, having a peaceful and quiet life without full of fights and blood.

But the family would always keep some relics from the past, so the descendants of our family's enemies in the past would always be targeting us, looking for a way to get our family legacy even when there was a pact."

"A pact?" Ling Tian was somewhat surprised to learn that this family also had origins in the cultivation world. Likewise, he recalled that back then he felt some stares when he played, but that feeling always disappeared when he turned his gaze to where it came from.

"Yes, a pact that the family would no longer have practitioners, only one who would be a guardian..." Ling Guosheng clenched his fist tightly, feeling the lack of strength or powerlessness, "That's why I was selected to be the next guardian of the family..."

"Does that pact involve the normal forces of the secular world?" Ling Tian asked coldly.

Ling Guosheng was a little surprised and immediately nodded, "Yes, it was a pact between the practitioner world and the secular world. Our family would live quietly in this world, in exchange for not involving us in the affairs of the practitioner world."

"But other forces might attack us?" Ling Tian snorted coldly.

"They shouldn't, since we are a normal family and would even have to be protected by them, but unfortunately the secular world doesn't want to meddle much with the forces of the practitioner world." Ling Guosheng clenched the bed sheet tightly, finally feeling helpless.

"That old man who was once the Sect Master knew about our family heritage, but I'm sure he couldn't have found the place where our legacy was guarded. Therefore, he must have killed everyone in the family. Even other forces from both worlds also searched our place looking for the family legacy..." Ling Guosheng finished speaking.

Ling Tian finally understood several things. A fierce anger formed in his heart. The Ling family who only wanted to live happily, full of peace and tranquility, was slaughtered by the family legacy of the past. The innocent people who gave him love and warmth were taken away by petty things and ruthless people.

'Because I am in a bad mood...'

Ling Tian now understood the old man's words when he was killing the whole family. It was because he did not find the family legacy after torturing the adults and asking them where the family's wealth was.

"And all those forces around are the ones who were involved?" Ling Tian asked coldly.

Ling Guosheng raised his eyebrows and nodded, "Seems like you've noticed. Yes, all those forces have sent their men to keep an eye on us and take advantage of snatching away our legacy. If it weren't for the fact that I managed to increase my strength by great measures, I'm afraid they would have attacked before now." Ling Guosheng gritted his teeth tightly and said, "I now live as the guardian of this family, watching over my descendants from the shadows." Ling Guosheng breathed a partial sigh of relief. That Ling Tian had told him that this old man had died had taken away Ling Guosheng's last regret before he died.

Ling Tian clenched his fist for a few seconds before taking a deep breath. He didn't care about the family's heritage or his past, but the true family, those innocent people who loved him and gave him unforgettable happiness, as well as the injustice they all suffered because of the past, along with not receiving the real protection that the covenant was supposed to mention.

"That sect of that old man, is it still standing?" Ling Tian asked indifferently.

"Amh?" Ling Guosheng cocked his head and nodded, "That sect is still standing. Their leader tracked down the location of the former Sect Master and when he found out about our family's history he also attacked us sometime. There are even some watchers in the surroundings." Ling Guosheng's gaze turned cold, he felt helpless not being able to kill all of them since there were several forces where they had stronger men than him.

Patting Lan Yin and Qing Sha's heads affectionately, Ling Tian gently asked, "And where is that sect?"

"It is several kilometers away from here, in a southerly direction..." Ling Guosheng murmured and at once his expression changed, "Li'l brother, what do you want to do?!" He thought of Ling Tian wanting to do something dangerous.

"Don't worry, just wait..." Ling Tian spoke lightly as he turned around, walking out of the room. Yun Mengxin and the others said nothing and only followed him tacitly, understanding what Ling Tian was feeling right now.

"Ling Tian, what do you want to do!" Ling Guosheng quickly tried to get up with Ling Ahlang's help and followed Ling Tian and the others out of the room.

Ling Tian quietly walked out of the room, feeling every glance in the distance watching this place.

"Did something happen, Master?" Ying Chen suddenly appeared at Ling Tian's side and asked. Hao Zhentian and the others appeared at once.

"Nothing, just stay here, I'll be back in a moment..." Ling Tian spoke in a low voice, but with a look full of indifference with a tiny hint of killing intent.

Ying Chen and the others nodded silently, watching Ling Tian disappear.

"Master is very angry..." Shin Wei whispered, letting out a long sigh.

"Someone or several will be screwed." Sun Xiang added as he shook his head. Hao Zhentian and Ying Chen nodded slightly.

They knew that Ling Tian was completely angry!

Although it was only a few times that they witnessed it, since it was rare for Ling Tian to be angry to such a degree and he would avoid showing himself to them like that, they could never forget that from that moment onwards something would change!

Yun Mengxin looked in the direction where Ling Tian left, knowing what he would do.

...

In the depths of a valley, there was a place filled with skeletons and even freshly decomposing bodies due to torture and murder appearing on their surfaces. There were even bodies of young children to infants...

People in what looked like a huge school were fighting each other. Multiple dark and blood-trailed energies were being cast, running through the bodies of those who were fighting while performing sinister techniques.

"Huh?"

Finally, one person looked up to the sky as he noticed something. This caused the others beside him to notice and also raise their gazes to the sky as they noticed a strange figure.

"Dare to enter the territories of our great sect, you will pay the price!"

An arrogant and old voice was suddenly heard as more than five old men rose straight up into the sky where that figure stood.

However, a powerful spirit sense soon spread throughout the place and covered every corner of the valley!

"Senior! Who are you? Please, we can talk!" One of the elders cried out in horror and fear as he felt this spirit sense that was like a fierce surge filled with killing intent. This person was clearly too powerful!

The figure simply raised an arm and then gently lowered it, aiming both at the old men in the air and the whole place.

The old men frowned as they found this strange when they suddenly felt horror and despair; a huge bolt of lightning slowly fell from the sky and the next instant struck the place, illuminating the entire valley and creating an earthquake...

Finally, the figure disappeared, leaving a shattered and devastated place, without a single surviving soul.

27