Chapter 630 (vol 3) – Inheritance Test (1)
652 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is this place?"

The green-robed woman was surprised when she saw that they were both standing on what was a circular platform, while all around them was nothing but darkness and bright spots.

It looked as if they were in space with thousands of stars around them, floating in nothingness!

"Interesting..." Ling Tian smiled slightly in amusement at finding this scenery.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Suddenly, Ling Tian's voice was heard, stopping the green-robed woman who was about to take a peek at the edge of the platform.

However, the green-robed woman ignored Ling Tian and peeked out.

"Huh?"

Suddenly, she looked at the black and dark abyss outside the platform, feeling as if a pulling force suddenly pulled her, falling towards that darkness directly without any resistance.

This woman felt herself falling at an impressive speed, being engulfed by the darkness while her spirit was covered by the darkness....

"I told you not to do that."

The next moment, the illusion shattered and the green-robed woman realized she was about to fall off the platform. A strong hand had grabbed her arm, keeping her from falling as beads of sweat fell from her temples and her body trembled.

"... thank you..."

Recovering, this woman saw the indifferent and even somewhat annoyed gaze from Ling Tian, knowing that he had still warned her but she paid no heed to him.

For the first time, she felt some guilt and didn't comment any further, knowing that she had done wrong and would be dead if it wasn't for Ling Tian's help.

"Do you have abilities with fire or water attributes?"

Ling Tian then casually asked but this woman was startled for a moment before separating from Ling Tian and taking a battle stance, as if Ling Tian had discovered her secret.

"Don't be alarmed, I only realized that you had an affinity to these attributes when I helped you clear your consciousness."

Ling Tian shrugged, as if not taking into account that this was a big secret of this woman. Although it was rare for someone to develop certain affinities with certain attributes in their lives, it wasn't impossible; these people would be like people with spirit roots, but although they wouldn't have the power and cultivation ability like them, they would still be ahead of the average.

"This place is an inheritance from some expert from a higher world, so you shouldn't take it so lightly." Ling Tian spoke casually as he observed the surroundings and then the formation on the platform.

The green-robed woman narrowed her eyes and listened carefully to what Ling Tian said.

Inheritance?

Is this place a legacy of some powerful immortal?

She thought inwardly as she pondered over everything; this kind of place could definitely only be made by a powerful immortal expert. She didn't have a powerful cultivation base like her two Masters, so no doubt she had to be more careful with the place.

But what caught her attention was that the young adult beside her didn't seem to be a cripple, let alone a mere youth as she had thought the first time she saw him.

Is he really not like the others?

This woman kept thinking the more she discreetly watched Ling Tian. Any other kind of man would be trying to seduce her and show himself interesting to her; she had even gotten used to such men. But Ling Tian only helped her once and paid no more attention to her, creating a strange feeling in her as her thoughts of men began to change.

"This platform has a special formation of space and more." Ling Tian smiled slightly after studying the formation for a moment, detecting the type of powerful formation below them.

Ling Tian could use teleportation and move between space to leave this place and return to the other world, he could even tear through space and enter the void, but now he was interested in the inheritance here, which could certainly be beneficial to his women.

There was also the matter with Hang Liang; therefore, if Ling Tian created too much commotion and stood out, Hang Liang would find him and would undoubtedly continue the fight, so it was inevitable that the place would suffer destruction and chaos, which could certainly even kill everyone inside if they fought with all their might. Ling Tian was not going to let anything happen to Xuanyuan Ling and Shin Wei.

Ling Tian stopped studying the formation and sat cross-legged, no longer paying attention to the woman.

"What is there to do here?"

After a long time, the turquoise-eyed woman asked when she couldn't find any clue what this place was or what they were supposed to do. If it was an inheritance from some expert, then there would have to be a test, but she was unaware of what kind of test it would be.

She turned to look at Ling Tian and pursed her mouth in annoyance; Ling Tian was sitting as if he was cultivating.

'He's really trying to cultivate right now? Doesn't he realize that it's useless to cultivate in this place with our cultivation bases suppressed? Besides, he's crippled and it's impossible to cultivate...'' She scowled as she saw that he had no intention of leaving apparently. She only asked him hopelessly as she watched him do nothing.

"You have to let your aura flow slowly, trying to match it with the type of aura you perceive..."

Contrary to what she thought, Ling Tian spoke casually and added, "When two people put their auras together and combine with the auras of the place, we'll move on to the next phase."

"Then why didn't you say so before?!" She glared angrily at Ling Tian for not telling her.

"Why should I tell you? It's not like we're friends or fellows..." Ling Tian slightly widened his eyes, looking at her indifferently.

The woman pouted slightly under her veil but couldn't respond any further. She knew Ling Tian was right and they were both strangers who by the chance of fate ended up together in such a place.

Ling Tian looked at her with the same indifference; he didn't care if the other party was a unique or heavenly beauty. He has wives who are the most beautiful women to him and no one could take their places.

The woman looked at Ling Tian reproachfully but still said nothing, knowing that on one hand she was wrong.

* Rumble... *

"Hmm?" The woman startled when she felt the trembling on the platform. Her pupils shrank as she noticed the platform shrinking slightly!

"How cruel of this guy to leave this inheritance..." Ling Tian raised an eyebrow as he understood what was happening, looking at the shrinking of the platform, he was sure that every time the participants succeeded in passing the test, there would be a countdown for the others. Those who did not make it, would be expelled.

But what Ling Tian wasn't sure about was whether they would actually be expelled or those who failed would die... his spirit sense couldn't pass through space easily unless he forced it and opened a crack, which he didn't want to do....

"Do you know what's going on?" Knowing that the other side seemed to understand what was going on, the woman tentatively asked Ling Tian as she moved closer to the center of the platform, which measured about 15 meters in diameter.

"Every time other participants pass the first test, the platform we are on will shrink until we fall into the abyss." Ling Tian spoke casually, showing no expression of fear or panic at the sight of what was happening to the platform.

"Abyss?" The woman blinked a little confused at first before she felt a little shiver; remembering the feeling she had when she took a peek outside the platform, the shivers were somewhat more intense.

If it wasn't for Ling Tian, she fears that she would have fallen without a doubt.

"Fellow cultivator, could you please tell me what we have to do to pass the test?"

As if finally understanding the situation they were in, the woman clenched her fists together and asked respectfully, changing her manner of addressing Ling Tian.

Ling Tian was slightly surprised to see the sincere change in this woman and raised his eyebrows slightly, before lifting the corner of his mouth with interest.

'Looks like you really aren't that arrogant after all...'

The thought crossed inside him and Ling Tian let out an amused chuckle inside him as well.

"You have to release your natural aura and when you sense one of the two attributes in the surroundings you have to try to combine them, try to have an affinity with one of the two..."

Ling Tian thought for a few seconds before explaining clearly and concisely.

"My natural aura?" She thought for a while before sitting cross-legged and slightly lowered the barrier of her body, starting to transmit a faint aura outwards.

"This girl is intelligent and capable..." Ling Tian smiled with slight surprise. Although what he had said sounded easy, it was not something that could be accomplished on the first try.

It wouldn't be strange if it would take a long time, from hours to days and years to accomplish it... there are even people who never managed to do this in their entire lives....

"Although there are other ways to pass this test, this is the easiest and without any danger." Ling Tian felt this woman's aura as he thought of other ways to pass the test.

They could fight for her to expel her own natural aura, combine external forces, try to release the cultivation bases temporarily, and even expel their spiritual energies to no end.

"Water affinity..."

Sensing the kind of aura this woman was giving off, Ling Tian nodded inwardly as he saw that her affinity was first combined with the water element.

"Keep it up and don't stop, I'll do the same!"

Ling Tian reminded her once more before fully concentrating as he enveloped the platform with his spirit sense. If he was going to release his natural aura so that he could participate in the test, Ling Tian had to make sure it didn't affect the surroundings.

* Rumble... *

The environment felt slightly suppressed, the platform trembled slightly as a powerful aura was released, as if the shackles of the place trembled as it could no longer contain it.

A small sun formed in front of Ling Tian, while a small moon slowly began to manifest in front of the woman who was still concentrating to the fullest.

"Let's go!"

Ling Tian concentrated harder as he forced the space law of the place a little to advance to the next phase. He had just released a sliver of his aura and the place had begun to shake slightly, so he had no choice but to force the space a little and get out of that place before it got worse.

The sun and moon shone brightly all over, filling the entire dark place with light before combining and disappearing along with Ling Tian and the woman on the platform, leaving it empty again with nothing but the abyss.

15