Chapter 634 (vol 3) – Encounter At The Tests
616 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nalan Ziqing's pupils shrank fiercely as she realized the wound Ling Tian received!

The life and death alarm crisis had been triggered in her body and she knew that she would have died due to the position if not for Ling Tian's intervention. But even though she had an alarming intuition, her body could not react in time and thus she had to be pushed by Ling Tian!

"Hey! Are you okay?!"

Helping Ling Tian to stabilize quickly, Nalan Ziqing helped him while observing the horrible wound on the side of his abdomen, blood flowing and pieces of flesh falling down unceasingly.

Grievances and misunderstandings aside, Nalan Ziqing was concerned about Ling Tian finally. Ling Tian had saved her once again, so she was not one to not return the favor.

The place shook and the swords glowed, quickly beginning to disappear. Even the sword Nalan Ziqing had taken disappeared at once. The aura gathered again and a funnel of energy built up in them.

* Cough! *

Ling Tian coughed up a mouthful of blood as he held the wound above her shoulder a bit, quickly regulating his breathing.

"I'm fine!"

Ling Tian gritted his teeth slightly as he felt a bit of pain in his wound. It had been a long time since he had felt such pain from a small attack.

'That bastard!'

Ling Tian knew that this attack came from Hang Liang!

Although he didn't know how Hang Liang could intervene in this inheritance, he most likely left several traps to try to injure him.

Ling Tian managed to quickly summon a small sword and countered much of Hang Liang's hidden attack, but it was not enough due to the timing and position he took to cover Nalan Ziqing.

His body quickly began to heal, stopping the bleeding and with the flesh slowly recovering. A surprising vitality covered his body and the healing progressed greatly.

Nalan Ziqing was surprised by the vitality of Ling Tian's body and she understood that he must have a great level of cultivation in body cultivation, much higher than hers.

"Although I thank you for saving me, why did you do it? You don't even know me!" Nalan Ziqing breathed with a bit of relief inside as she saw that Ling Tian didn't seem to be seriously injured despite seeing the wound over his abdomen.

"I don't know. I just know that I shouldn't have let you die."

Ling Tian shook his head as his spirit sense covered them both. The Space Law was altering and threatening to send them to another unknown place.

Truth be told, Ling Tian didn't know why he cares about this young woman he didn't even know. When his intuition of danger exploded as he saw that Nalan Ziqing might die the next moment, his body reacted on its own while in his consciousness there was only a single thought: save her!

Ling Tian also realized it in the previous trials, when he even tried to push her a little and brought out a bit of killing intent; he felt in his heart that nothing should happen to this woman and he should take care of her...

Although he didn't know why on strange occasions his intuition was triggered out of nowhere by unfamiliar objects, places or people, it seemed to warn him that she was something important to him and he shouldn't lose it.

Nalan Ziqing did not respond and just looked at Ling Tian with many thoughts. She knew that there was no free food in the world and any action would be charged later, but when she thought of this guy beside her, Nalan Ziqing could not gather such thoughts, as if on one hand she did not believe that this man was like that.

"The place is disturbed and that attack made it look like we failed the test..."

Ling Tian quickly covered every inch around with his spirit sense, leaving his wound aside. His spirit sense searched every space between the gaps in the space laws, ensuring a stable route to move.

The sword Nalan Ziqing had taken was undoubtedly one of the correct swords to pass the test, but Ling Tian knew that thanks to the attack Hang Liang deliberately concealed, it made it look like they failed the test and would now be expelled from the inheritance competition.

"There it is!"

Raising his left arm, Ling Tian crossed it behind Nalan Ziqing and grabbed her left shoulder, securing her body to him as he urged the space law to move.

Nalan Ziqing's body stiffened for a moment before adjusting to the situation and securing herself tightly into Ling Tian's body. For some reason, she was sure that Ling Tian had a way to save them. Besides, she had supported him earlier for saving her from the attack, so no doubt she knew the situation they were in.

Although it was the first time a man had embraced her in such a way, Nalan Ziqing adapted to the situation and did not complain, knowing that they were in great danger.

Ling Tian put the Dragon mask back on, knowing that they would be entering an unknown place.

"Don't release your aura and close your eyes!"

Ling Tian felt more pain in his wound but he didn't care and searched for his trajectory on the path between the spaces, disappearing from the place the next second as they teleported quickly.

Nalan Ziqing felt different kinds of forces and energies, something similar when she used the teleportation formations to move from one territory to another. But still, she didn't open her eyes and blindly trusted Ling Tian.

* Crack! *

Ling Tian took one of the swords from the place that was about to disappear and injected a glimpse of his aura into it as he did before, then waved forward and tore space, creating a space crack!

The sword disappeared and Ling Tian entered the spatial rift without wasting any time, holding Nalan Ziqing tightly as he covered her with his spirit sense and they endured the turbulence of space.

* Boom! *

A burst of power covered the place and the world of swords vanished, leaving only chaos and whirlwinds of a void-like force!

* Crack! *

In a large space filled with aura, a crack formed and both Ling Tian and Nalan Ziqing jumped out of it, fiercely landing on the ground separately!

Ling Tian pushed Nalan Ziqing before a current from the void hit them, taking the impact all by himself and preventing Nalan Ziqing from being injured!

"Look at them!"

"What did they do? How did they survive one of those horrible void cracks?"

"They're one of the heavenly fairies and the dragon boy!"

"Cough!"

Nalan Ziqing coughed up a few drops of blood due to the energy impact on her body, but she received no further injuries. She quickly realized the place where she was and that they were no longer alone. There were several people in the place, some familiar when they entered the mysterious realm.

Her gaze quickly searched for Ling Tian who was a few meters away from her and without thinking she went to help him; she could remember that before they arrived at such a place a horrible energy was about to hit them but Ling Tian sent it first, preventing her from receiving that hit!

"Are you alright? Here! Take it!"

Nalan Ziqing quickly took out a jade bottle containing medicinal pills and handed it to Ling Tian upon seeing his injured body.

"It's okay!"

Ling Tian waved his hand to Nalan Ziqing not to worry. The minor injuries on his body would heal on their own, but the serious injuries like Hang Liang's attack he had to heal them himself.

Taking out the small blue-green gourd from its storage ring, Ling Tian carefully uncovered it, and slowly extracted a small drop from the few drops from the Essence of Dawn and Life left in the gourd.

'Good thing I kept this in my storage ring and not in my Little World...'

Ling Tian smiled wryly at the thought that many of his things were in the Little World, but now he could do nothing to access it. He only had less than 5 drops of the Essence of Dawn and Life left, so he would have to be much more careful in the future.

Unexpectedly, the wound over his abdomen had not healed and there were even signs that it was getting worse. But Ling Tian simply removed Hang Liang's hidden sword intent and the worsening stopped.

That attack he received undoubtedly had an essence of Hang Liang's sword and if one did not notice or did not know, their wound would only worsen to the point of death.

Finally extracting the small drop from the small gourd, Ling Tian was about to apply it on his abdomen wound when suddenly a powerful and fierce pressure fell on him!

His gaze lifted and he was shocked to see two familiar figures!

The two heavenly fairies who were Nalan Ziqing's Masters were looking at him with coldness and a deep and intense killing intent as if he was their greatest enemy!

16