Chapter 639 (Vol 3) – Reunion With The Past!
1.3k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian was petrified as he finally turned around slowly; his body trembled as his heart stopped, his breaths left his body, his pupils shrank showing great shock, with no sound or movement coming from him as his gaze focused solely on those two faces that were no longer hidden by the veils.

A small, tiny teardrop began to form at the corners of his eyes, startling both Xuanyuan Ling and Shin Wei as they noticed Ling Tian.

Ling Tian struggled to open his mouth, trying to say something as he felt every part of his body as heavy as ever, slowly beginning to feel his heart beat once again, becoming faster and faster as he saw those unfamiliar beautiful and unique, yet clearly familiar faces that he dreamed and longed for all his life.

That same voice that made him turn around crossed his mind again, but this time, a slightly softer and happier but very youthful and even somewhat juvenile voice, sinking his consciousness back to his memories of thousands of years ago...

'My name is Xiaoyi! Ning Xiaoyi! Nice to meet you, Ling Tian!'

'Pleasure to meet you, sister Xiaoyi! Hehe!'

'My sister is Fei, Xi Fei! I apologize in her place, she's not like that, it's just that we've been through some things and she's very distrustful of men...'

'Don't worry, I understand... nice to meet you, sister Fei! You can call me Ling Tian! I hope we can get along well!'

'Hmph!'

'Sorry, senior brother Tian...'

'Hehe, don't worry, sister Xiaoyi. I'm already grateful that you've helped me with everything I didn't know and let me join your group!'

'Then let's go! We have to deliver a request from our Master to a place!'

'Ok!'

...

'Wow! You really have a great ability to cultivate, Senior Brother Tian! Your cultivation speed is amazing!'

'Thank you, Sister Xiaoyi! I'm putting all my effort not to let you down! Also, you two are not far behind, the speed and strengths of your cultivation is extraordinary!'

'...'

'Hehe, you like to brag, big brother Tian!'

'It's the truth, Sister Xiaoyi! Even though I have entered the second stage of the Foundation Establishment, you guys are about to break the same realm, so I can't lag behind!'

...

'What are you doing, big brother Tian! Hurry up!'

'You guys go! I'll buy you guys some time until our senior comes to save us!'

'But we don't want to leave you behind-'

'Go! I promise I'll reach you right away!'

'But...'

'Senior is about to come out of seclusion, so we will certainly be safe! But if anything happens to the three of us it will be in vain! So go first! Sister Fei, take Sister Xiaoyi with you!'

...

'Are you alright, Sister Fei?'

'... mhmm... thank you, Brother Tian...'

'Very well! Now you've become a true cultivator of the Golden Core state!' 

'Mhnn, no... it's all thanks to you...'

'Of course not, Sister Fei! Your efforts were the primary thing that got you this far!'

'What are you saying, big brother Tian? If it's all thanks to you that Sister Feifei and I have managed to cultivate to this achievement in such a short time. You share the wonderful resources you have in your storage ring even though you don't have to, we're even reluctant to use them if it weren't for your insistence!'

'How could I not share my things with you if you are like my real sisters, like my real family! Besides, you helped me too much in the beginning when I didn't know anything and you did it without expecting anything in return, so it's only fair that I also help you both with whatever I can, moreover, it's what comes from my heart and I don't expect anything in return!'

'Brother Tian...'

'Thank you, brother Tian! Even though you're the strongest among us, I promise I won't lag behind and try to surpass you! Then you won't be the only one who will have to deal with the strongest opponents!'

'Then I will wait for you! Our goal is to reach the top of this world, the Great Ascension realm! That way, we won't be afraid of others!'

'Haha, yeah!'

'Of course we will, brother Tian...'

...

'Sister Fei, I think this is the most suitable for you!'

'A-are you sure? You could have chosen the high-level spear...'

'But you need a weapon now, right? I can't let one of my teammates be without a weapon when the rest of us have one. Besides, you had liked this sword from the beginning, so I got it for you!' 

'... thank you, brother Tian...'

'What are you thankful for? It's the least I can do! Let's go! Sister Xiaoyi must be waiting for us!' 

'... Ehmn!'

... 

'Girls, what do you say we go to the trials of the great sect in the central capital? I heard that they will soon open their doors for new disciples and Golden Core state cultivators can become inner disciples!' 

'I heard that too, sounds interesting! What do you say, Sister Feifei? Shall we go?'

'I agree. I believe that if we become inner disciples, we can obtain great cultivation resources!' 

'It's decided! Let's go!'

...

'How did it go, Brother Tian?!'

'I made it through! Now I'm an inner disciple!'

'Yeah! Congratulations, brother Tian!'

'Congratulations, brother Tian!'

'Thank you! Now it's your turn! I think it will be soon!'

'Yes, brother! The Elder on our side is gathering everyone together!'

'See you in a while, brother Tian.'

'Wish us luck, brother! Hehe!'

'You don't need it! You two are so talented and wonderful, much better than me! So it will be easy for you to pass the tests... although it's not bad to remind you, the true can be false and the false the only real thing!'

'Thank you, brother Tian!'

'Yes, thank you brother! We will take it into consideration!'

'Success!'

...

'Watch out, brother Tian!'

'Shit!'

'You can do it, brother!'

'Yes, don't give up! We know you can do it! Just hold on a little longer!'

'Ahhh!'

'Brother Tian, are you okay? Are you hurt?!'

'Take this medicine pill, quick!'

'Hah... thank you, sisters. Looks like I lost...'

'But you fought wonderfully, even those previous participants couldn't achieve what you did! For me you won!'

'For me too, brother Tian, you are very strong..'

'Thank you for cheering me up, I seriously thank you both. I promise that next time I'll be much stronger and I will win!'

'We will become stronger too! Remember our promise!

'We have to reach the peak of the Great Ascension realm!'

'Of course!'

...

'Look! There was a little gourd!'

'What a pretty gourd! And what's more, it's very small!'

'How strange! I don't remember there being a gourd of this size and very definite shape, plus a blue-green color described in the book of immortal treasures...'

'In that case, it means that this is a heavenly treasure, Sister Feifei!'

'I'm not sure, Sister Xiaoyi... what do you think, Brother Tian? Do you have any information related to this little gourd?'

'I don't think so. I also know by heart all the immortal objects from ancient times in the book that was in the sect, but I don't remember any that showed the image of this gourd or talked about it...'

'You see? I'm telling you guys it's a heavenly treasure! Heavenly treasures are rare and unique unlike immortal treasures!'

'Hehe, then it could be...'

'Brother Tian, here!'

'Huh? But you found it. Sister Xiaoyi, it was you who got the information about this place and we all came to check it out, so it's definitely yours!'

'Mhmm, no! I'm giving it to you, Brother Tian! You always give me and Sister Feifei almost all the amazing and wonderful things we find in our travels, but you never want to take them and you prefer to give it to us!'

'But...'

'Take it, brother, you know Sister Xiaoyi is stubborn and won't change her mind. I agree with her, it's our gift to you for all the things you've done for us, take it.'

'... fine! You two win! Thank you so much, sisters!'

'Although we have yet to discover its use really! Hehe!'

'Come on, it's time to get out of this place if we don't want to clash with the others.'

'Yes!'

...

'Are they demon cultivators? Shit!'

'Brother, what do we do?'

'We listen to you, Brother Tian. Do you have any ideas?'

'We have to run away from here! We are not their opponents! I can't even see their cultivation levels!'

'Then let's go...'

'Argh!'

''Brother!!''

'Don't stop! If you do we'll all die!'

'But you're really hurt! Let us help you...'

'No! I'm the strongest of us, so my speed is faster than everyone! Trust me and hold on to me tightly! I promise I will save you!'

...

'Ling Tian, don't do it!'

'Don't you dare do it! I'll hate you if you do!'

'I'm sorry... but I promised I would always protect you and not let you die. You two have to live, I'll buy you time to escape...'

'We won't let you!'

'It's not an option! Bye!'

'Ahhh! No, Ling Tian!'

'If you die I won't forgive you! I'll hate you if you don't come back to us, Ling Tian!'

'Then looks like you will hate me forever...'

...

'Hahaha! A kid like you dares to want to challenge me? You seem to be arrogant! But I like it, hahaha!'

'Haa~ haa~ haa~... just shut up and die- argh!'

'You can't even resist a single move from me. I'd better go have fun with your female companions, do you think I didn't notice everything you did to get my attention?'

'You dare! I won't let you lay a finger on them, you bastard! Argh~!'

'You're on the verge of death, boy! You've burned up so much of your blood essence and cultivation essence, you don't even have a shred of energy left and you're still clinging on to fight...'

'Haa~'

'Ho? Look who's coming over there...'

'!!!'

'I think I'll let my brothers have some fun with them first, haha!' 

'Xiaoyi! Fei!'

'Hmmm?! What! This is a teleportation zone! Damn it!'

'Tian-! Argh!'

'Xiaoyi! Fei! Damn bastards, let them go! Ahhh!'

'Damn kid! Where the hell did you attract me? Argh!'

'Xaoyi! Fei! ... !!!'

...

The last memory where Ling Tian last saw them before never seeing them again was when they were attacked by demonic cultivators, falling into a situation of inevitable death.

But now, mature, yet evidently familiar and nostalgic faces were in front of him, just a few mere meters away, clearly and vividly reminding him of those memories with those two women in his past.

Ling Tian's heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest the more he watched these two women, feeling one of the heaviest layers of shackles in his entire life fall upon him, preventing him from even moving.

Finally, an indescribable force from within him caused the suppression on Ling Tian to gradually disappear, being able to breathe briefly when his weak and trembling voice was able to leave his mouth...

"Xiaoyi... Fei..." 

 

<3 

18