Chapter 688 (Vol 3) – This Little Girl Respectfully Greets The Great Venerable Heavenly Lord!
517 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

""Existences more powerful than the Immortal King?""

Gao Xue and Gao Yue murmured dumbfounded at the same time upon hearing Ling Tian's explanation. Zhen Bingluo likewise fell silent, unable to help but be surprised by everything she heard. Clearly they and all the others believed in Ling Tian, in their Master.

"You said you are the First Elder of your sect? What happened to your Master? The real Sect Leader?"

Ling Tian suddenly asked with a slight frown towards Lei Ruyan. He clearly remembered that the once famous and powerful Sect Leader of this Sect in the past was a powerful existence who had entered the ranks of the Monarchy, surpassing the true King.

"Huh? Wasn't it you who killed them all by ambushing them, Dragon King?"

Lei Ruyan trembled slightly before gritting her teeth and saying with a spiteful tone. Although she was clearly terrified and knew that she had no chance of her soul escaping unscathed, she still couldn't help but speak spitefully.

Xi Fei, Ning Xiaoyi and everyone else looked between Ling Tian and Lei Ruyan, realizing that there were many things they clearly did not know.

Ling Tian raised his eyebrows upon hearing this but immediately pursed his lips, sighing wearily inwardly. When he was the Dragon King at the time, he did many horrible and terrifying things, so he earned his fame and reputation. But because of this, many others took advantage of this and blamed him for things and actions he never did, earning him much more bad reputation and hatred. Lei Ruyan was a case in point.

"Your Master was a real Monarch, while I was a mere King. Do you think I could easily kill her even if it was an ambush?" Ling Tian snorted indifferently, making Lei Ruyan tremble when she realized this.

A true King was extremely powerful before other cultivators, but before the true and sovereign Monarch, they were mere ants!

Although this never applied to Ling Tian, since he could jump over the ranks to fight, especially as he got used to it due to the fact that his enemies were always powerful and with higher cultivation bases than his. He even assassinated several true Immortal Kings when he had not yet reached the royal Immortal Throne.

Lei Ruyan looked at Ling Tian for a long time, clenching her fists and teeth as she doubted whether to believe what he had said. What he had said was true, but with everything she had heard about the Dragon King and his power, it seemed to contradict the former.

After hesitating for a long time, Lei Ruyan let out a dejected sigh and replied, "My Master disappeared with some Ancestors almost 300 years ago, several years after you disappeared..."

When she said the latter, Lei Ruyan blinked in a daze as she realized the time difference. Her Master and several Ancestors had disappeared several years after the Dragon King had been killed, so then he had nothing to do with their disappearance!

"Where did they disappear to? What was the last you heard from them?" Ling Tian frowned slightly. At this moment he remembered that there were several superpowers that disappeared in the past, but since he was only living it up fighting and escaping he didn't think much of it at the time.

"The last I know, my Master and several ancestors disappeared on their journey to the Northern territory. Some claim that they were swallowed by a crack in the void when they flew near the central area of the world, disappearing completely." Lei Ruyan replied weakly.

"And why did they go towards the Northern territory?" Ling Tian raised his eyebrow curiously. In the Northern state where he lived, there resided a few Supremes, as well as first-rate Immortal Palaces.

"..."

Lei Ruyan was silent for several seconds before she slightly gritted her teeth and said, "They went to request a favor from the Heavenly Constellations Great Supreme..." Her gaze finally drifted shakily towards the swords Xi Fei and Ning Xiaoyi were holding.

Ling Tian nodded quietly without being surprised at all. The Heavenly Constellation Supreme was an old but wise man with an ability to be able to see through things, mysteries, origins and even secrets of the heavens. Most likely the Master of this sect and its ancestors went to ask the Great Supreme to help them track down their sect heritage so they could get it back again.

"Your sect heritage has been found by the two of them. Now what are you going to do?" Ling Tian asked solemnly. Lei Ruyan's sneaking glance at the two swords did not go unnoticed by him. If she had other intentions than what she said, he would not let her go so easily.

Lei Ruyan shivered unconsciously when she heard Ling Tian's question. Somehow, she felt silently cold and terrifying eyes behind that dragon mask looking at her, as if he was waiting for some kind of specific answer. 

"I-I really have no other intentions, Dragon King..." Lei Ruyan gritted her teeth still. She knew the Dragon King's cruelty and wickedness, and although he wasn't involved with her Master's disappearance and so on, he was still the infamous evil Dragon King! 

"These two nascent swords of our heritage are said to only appear on their own when they choose or recognize their bearers. The two of them have been approved by both the Sun and Moon Nascent Swords." Lei Ruyan said. Her hand pointed at both Ning Xiaoyi and Xi Fei.

"Your sect technique and inheritance secrets have something to do with you appearing here?" Ling Tian nodded and asked again.

Lei Ruyan stared at the dragon mask before replying, "Yes, due to my Master's absence, I have taken temporary control of the sect. When one of our heritage runes lit up and then the others, I realized that there was a possibility that our true heritage had been found."

Ling Tian looked at her for several seconds in silence, with no one knowing what he was thinking. He could feel Ning Xiaoyi's and Xi Fei's looks full of confusion and questions, as well as that of the others.

"You really have no other intentions with the two of them? If something happens to them and I find out that you have something to do with it, you, your Master, your ancestors and the entire sect will be destroyed and erased from the entire Immortal Realm."

Ling Tian's cold and domineering but strangely calm voice spread throughout the place, sending chills down Lei Ruyan's spine mainly. Although she didn't know what happened to the Dragon King after all this time, he certainly should have become stronger. Who knows? Maybe he reached a level comparable to the Great Emperors?

"Heh! Aren't you biting your own tongue, Dragon King? You don't mean you don't want anyone to know that these two Nascent Swords that have the ability to reach the pinnacle of power comparable to the Great Emperors have appeared in two mortals so that only you can eat?"

However, Lei Ruyan still sneered and raised her eyes, glancing sneeringly and arrogantly towards Ling Tian. The Dragon King was known to be selfish, evil, arrogant, overbearing and more. It would not be strange if the infamous Dragon King wanted to kill these two women and keep the inheritance of her sect all to himself.

Although her Immortal Soul would be somewhat damaged if she was killed at this time, she would not really die, which is why Lei Ruyan mocked him. The downside is that she would have to seclude herself for a while to recover, which she mostly wants to avoid.

Zhao Yu and Gu Yan's gazes were filled with killing intent upon hearing Lei Ruyan's sneer. Their immortal essences circulated again, threatening to want to assassinate Lei Ruyan.

"Haha!"

Ling Tian looked at her for several seconds before letting out some laughter, confusing some people. Lei Ruyan frowned when she heard him laugh, thinking if he had gone crazy.

"When I saw you last time I remember you didn't even dare to lift your gaze!"

Ling Tian snorted derisively and reached his hand towards his mask.

"What?" Lei Ruyan was stunned for a moment before she raised her gaze in fury and exclaimed towards the Dragon King when the next moment her pupils shrank, her body trembled, the voice that was about to come out caught in her throat; a fear, terror and respect assaulted her body. The next instant, Lei Ruyan bowed down to prostrate herself completely on the ground in Ling Tian's direction, her voice trembling and terrified, but still with a great tone of respect and exclaim in a loud and deep voice: "Lei Ruyan, the main disciple of the Fire and Water Transcendent Heart Sect from the 685th generation, pays her respects to the Venerable Supreme! I beg you to please forgive the disrespect of this young woman who has been ignorant, acting impolitely in his great presence!"

"This little girl respectfully greets the Great Venerable Heavenly Lord!"

15