Chapter 3 – Strategy Game Mastermind Strezza Part 2
688 6 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AfXbih7m.png

 

“My world has died, Strezza. All I have left are the remnants I was able to raise into the sky.”

“And that’s that cylinder we’re seeing over there?”

When we went through the portal, we came out to be standing in the sky in front of a faraway floating cylinder.

“That is Remnant-Ark. A tower comprised of 25 main floors, each floor housing hundreds of thousands of people in as many environments as I could salvage. It’s what is left of my world.”

“What killed your world if you don’t mind my asking?”

God sighed loudly. It was the first sigh of many that I was going to hear; the poor God was overworked.

“Transmigrators. They are-”

“Don’t worry, I know about those.”

“Lovely, well, allow me to explain how they work from a divine perspective,” God replied, straightening back up. “When Gods create worlds, what they create is a learning experience. Worlds have rules and a logic, but those rules and that logic, they’re what create a unique and valuable learning experience. My world wasn’t perfect, but I loved it. I was learning along with the denizens of my world.” I could hear a profound sadness in God’s voice, much like the sadness a parent has when they speak of how they let down a child. “It’s because of my world, that I will ultimately learn lessons that will allow me to ascend to greater heights so that I may learn new lessons… But, unfortunately, I didn’t know enough to protect it.

I wasn’t cautious enough, and didn’t protect my world well enough from other Gods and their worlds. Because of my lax security, denizens of other worlds were able to jump across and inhabit the bodies of my people. These people bring with them the rules of their own world and in many cases, their rules allow for much more than mine do. I didn’t notice the phenomena as none of my systems were made with comprehension of other worlds in mind. After all, I run a single universe world, not a multi-universe one. Of course there would be rules to the systems I was using that would cause blind spots… Regardless, the transmigrators came, and wreaked havoc until I had to intervene. But even now, they still come and now in worse numbers. And they continue to drain the world of its resources… I just can’t do it on my own anymore.”

“G-God? Are you angry?”

God only had a face of light; there were no features, but I felt like God was crying while trying to put on a brave face.

“No. I know that this too is a lesson, this suffering. When I incarnate again, I will take this lesson with me and create a safer world. But knowing how far I’ve failed; it hurts deeply. My denizens, my children. They have suffered because their God didn’t think to protect himself better.

***

It was a pretty depressing talk, but the gist of it was that the transmigrators wrecked stuff. God being God, pointed out that not all of them were problems, but the bad apples were horrific and spoiled the world for everyone else. And after they wrecked stuff they weakened the world’s wall even further such that now more were pouring in at higher rates, infecting Remnant-Ark.

Now earlier, I had asked God about bugs, specifically ignoring blind spots. One of the big problems here were with the systems that this God was allowed to use. As I understood it, the transmigrators were inadvertently taking advantage of many overarching rules that made the situation worse for the world hosting them.

***

“A transmigrator’s existence is ensured by consuming the energy my world naturally produces.”

***

The way it works is that a transmigrator comes to this world because the overarching Law of Free Will allows it that possibility. When they’re here, they still have the rules of their origin world applied to them. What allows those rules to still function however is the energy from this world. Every denizen’s soul, indigenous or transmigrator has a rule module that describes how they work and how there powers/skills/body interact with reality. The systems here read the module and supply it with energy as needed to make the rules work, as that is the function of the particular systems. The systems however doesn’t check to see if the rule module is one that is compatible for the world. The rule modules for this world are balanced with the world’s energy consumption rate in mind. An oversight to be sure, though not one that would have been expected had God secured his world properly.

Beyond that energy expenditure, because the transmigrators are taking over bodies of people who die, they aren’t properly cemented in that body, so some energy is also used up to ensure that connection. So right there, there’s two big sources of energy drain that God was able to figure out. And when they drain energy, there’s less energy to be used for the functions that keep the world going. Unfortunately, God making Remnant Arc was partly because he just didn’t have enough energy to keep a whole planet going.

Anyway, as to why the Transmigrators were allowed to do this, it was because the Transmigrators themselves were the bugs or in some cases, viruses. The systems here weren’t set up to properly deal with their existences. So when they came over, the systems try to sustain because to the system, they’re denizens of this world. From God’s perspective, he saw this as a sign of his own weakness and as his hubris crashing. It wasn’t within his power to modify the system such that it could properly account for Transmigrators, BUT it was within his power to make walls that prevented most transmigration. As he said, he was paying for a moment of laziness.

For an example of how he could modify and upgrade the systems, you could look at me. God wasn’t able to do it on his own, but he asked for help from his hierarchs, and asked for help from his contemporary, the principal God of my world.

What I ultimately took from this was, God was given the tools by his hierarchs. Had he put the world together using the right tools and applied due diligence, this current problem wouldn’t have happened. God said his hierarchs could fix the entire thing for him, but this was probably the most interesting thing:

“There is value in failure and an opportunity for growth, as painful as it is, I agree with my hierarchs. Because of my failure, we now have the opportunity for a new experience and a new learned lesson.”

God’s hierarchs weren’t going to fix the problem, instead, they gave God the tools so that he could begin fixing the problem itself.

Personally, I found that to be a rather tough deal, but hearing God talk about it, I could kind of get it. I’m sure this God wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. And now, he was in a better position to be of help to his fellow Gods once he had learned how to fix this problem.

As God told me about the world, I found myself wanting to help God more. Partly because God kept saying this was a team effort. With a guy like that behind you, how could one not feel valued? To God, I was like a beam of hope. I still remember fondly how God looked at the bright side and prayed that he would one day be able to help other Gods the way his hierarchs and my world’s God did.

 

***

“Okay, that’s enough for my stress-journaling. I feel a little bit better now.

Now we have to concentrate. We’ve found one transmigrator. I need to get the girls in position.”

I brought up the panel that showed the seven units I had the most influence over as I reached for another coffee and energy drink from the omniscient minifridge that God had given me for my mental health. I chugged it down and pulled out my pretzel sticks to munch on.

“The Velqa girls are going to end the Transmigrator.”

 

Hello community, hope you are well. First off I would like to say that I didn't expect so many comments so soon and so much discussion. Someone correctly guessed that Strezza was journaling too! Wow. Savy.

Anyway, we're in a quick world building portion. Someone also in the comments spoke about whether or not Strezza would still be surprised. I wanted to maintain dramatic tension for Strezza so the system has been very constrained for her. I think I came up with a reasonable enough solution; the only trouble will be making sure I keep it consistent and don't give Strezza too many convenient solutions. Anyway, next chapter talks about the main units.

27