Chapter 6- Nadia And Georgia: The New Normal
908 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                               CHdAYBym.pngDihT6bum.png

 

 

The Veloqui Family  main building, situated on the floor covered in grasslands, mountains and lakes, the 10th Floor. It was housed in one of the main hub towns that the Veloqui Family had control over. This town had a very renaissance feel to it, though the integrations of magic-powered technology gave it a slightly futuristic bend.

            The Veloqui Family’s main building sat as a pavilion in the back of Velqa’s Rest, a site dedicated to the worship of the Goddess Velqa. Worshippers could come here to see the art and statues, to rest in the central plaza that was surrounded by the ancient buildings, and to attend various lessons over matters that Velqa oversaw. To get to the pavilion at the back, one would have to go past a heavy layer of securities in the form of the Velqa devout- who incidentally were also heavily tied to the Veloqui family- that worked the grounds.

            It was in this building that two of my main units were resting, Nadia Veloqui and Georgia Somen.

            “Georgia? Anything yet?” Nadia asked, sprawling herself out on her desk, nestled between two towers of reports and logs on various affairs within the city.

            Nadia was the Boss of this particular family. She had short platinum blonde hair, cut right above her shoulders and fashioned into an unkempt bob. Her bangs reached up to her nose and partially obscured the eye patch that covered her left eye. She looked a lot like the reliable, older, veteran type, though she had a habit of pouting and throwing a tantrum when certain personal things didn’t go her way.

            “No, Boss. Nothing,” replied Georgia, for the fourteenth time so far from her spot on the velvet couch.

            Georgia was special; she was my main contact. She was a tinier girl, thin and short, being only seventeen years of age. She had vibrant purple eyes and brown, lush hair that draped over her ears and landed on her shoulders, her round, puffy face nestled cutely between the hair’s frame. She always seemed to be reading something or writing something down whenever I peered in on her. She was more of the bookish type from what I could tell. Why was she in the family? Well, she and Nadia were cousins, and Georgia had a special trait that warranted including her.

            “But why? It’s been a day. Shouldn’t we be getting another sign from upstairs?”

            “Ma’am. Please. Be patient. Lady Velqa is on her own schedule. Not ours.”

            “But this isn’t fair! She made that connection with us, made us feel all special and tingly, and then just left us high and dry? I thought we were doing great!”

            Give me a second, Nadia. I’m sending the video file!

            “By the way,” Georgia pulled her eyes away from the book she was reading and looked across the room at Nadia.  “Boss, what are you wearing?”

            “Ahh,” Nadia replied, posing for her cousin’s sake, “You noticed my celebratory attire?”

“I noticed how audacious it is.”

“Huh? No! No it’s not! Lady Velqa wouldn’t say it was!”

Yeah, Georgia, the outfit I picked out looked cool!

Nadia’s attire was one that I set up for her when I first started. It was a white sleeveless blouse, top two buttons undone, with a black coat over top. The black coat was also missing the right arm, so Nadia’s right arm was totally exposed. In exchange though, on the right shoulder, there was a tuft of raven feathers to symbolize Nadia’s devotion to Velqa. The outfit was finished off with comfy looking black slacks leading to stylish black shoes. Oh and I set her to wear her dark blue eye patch.

I would love to play as her in a game! And Nadia loves it too! It only took 0.1MU to guide her to wearing that outfit!

“You’re going to stand out," said the girl who was wearing a relatively boring black office outfit.

Just you wait, Georgia. I saw your wardrobe. I know you have cute pink sundresses in there, as much as your all-business blouse tie and skirt might say otherwise.

“No I won’t,” Nadia replied, grimacing. “Huh? Georgia, your eyes are glowing!”

“What?!” Georgia yelped, dropping her book, she quickly tried to reach for a pen and paper that were on the elegant coffee table before her, but she didn’t make it in time. Her head flew up and she began shaking and trembling as her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Eww, this part is never pretty. Sorry, Georgia.

Georgia Somen, the unit with the trait, Prophet. All denizens have traits. Some more special than others. Georgia’s trait allowed her a stronger line to higher realms than others. It was thanks to this that once we had bolstered the connection between the causality module and the Veloqui family, that we could make use of the prophet trait’s special features. In this case it allowed me to send her some messages, though there were restrictions when it came to the type of message. For the record, I could try to send messages to Nadia too, but that would be more expensive, and Nadia’s own lack of the trait might negatively affect her ability to actually interpret the message properly.

Nadia ran over to Georgia, and put the pen and paper in her hands which allowed Georgia to also scribble notes down which Nadia expectantly watched. A few minutes of spazzing later, Georgia had come to rest and was back to herself.

“What did you see?” Nadia asked.

“I-I saw… I saw a murder. I believe,” Georgia looked at the notes in her hand, “the victim’s name was Lacey. She was killed by her friend, Alfred. At least, I think they were friends… Lady Velqa wants us to kill Alfred.”

I really hope Velqa doesn’t find out I’m using her power to send these messages out.

“Okay. Do we have a last name, and location?”

Georgia scanned her scribbles, “Alfred Hitch… I don’t know the location. I only saw they were inside some old building. It was wooden.”

Damn it! I didn’t give her enough info! Let’s fix that!

“Georgia! Your eyes are glowing again!”

“O-Oh no!

Georgia began spazzing out as I sent her a bird’s point-of-view of what the building looked like from the outside.

Georgia broke out of her spasm, and relayed the information to Nadia, fully describing what the building looked like.

“Great, what floor is it on and which town?’

Damn it! Of course I need to give them the address. Good thing there’s a bird right outside the city limits and one right next to a welcome sign. Sorry, Georgia.

Georgia once more lit up to Nadia’s surprise and once more came out of her spasm, panting heavily as if she just completed a marathon.

“Floor 12, Herbenon City, the city of medicinal arts… I think I need to lie down.”

“Wow, she’s really responsive… Hey Lady Velqa, will I find the love of my life in this next year?”

I’m sorry. I’m not going to answer that. I can’t set a bad precedence.

 

 

Okay, whew. That's it for today. I've got nine more chapters written, but I still need to touch them up. Hope you enjoyed. Also, you may have noticed that the picture I provided of Nadia doesn't have an eyepatch... That was intentional XD

Also, everyone, if there's something that's unclear, let me know so I can address it. I might miss something that I thought made sense but was totally opaque. For instance, the situation with Lacey. She wasn't part of the main family of units, she was just someone who gave permission for God to be with her. Was that clear? Does it need to be clearer?

Anyway, this is my first time on scribblehub, does anyone know how to get the formatting right on the editor? The tab button doesn't seem to work and the formatting keeps getting lost for the indents. Any idea readers?

24