Journal, Day 2
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 2

Last night, I rested beside the trunk of a tree by the side of the dirt road. Many of us villagers do this because the nearby creatures are not life threatening. Funny enough, it is daytime when the nearby and ferocious beasts are active, but the road here is usually peaceful.

Most of the nearby creatures consist of slimes, and farther away from the road, armored bugs and wolves. These slimes are considered lesser slimes. Even though their squishy bodies resist sharp, cutting attacks, their only form of offense is a tackle that does little damage because of their elastic bodies. They are quite passive and hop around aimlessly unless provoked. We usually hunt these slimes for their weak magic cores. Magic cores can be found in most creatures and are the source of their powers. Even if regular humans can’t use them, the smallest of magic cores are useful to mages and wizards, people who study magic for a living. It’s a wonder how there are always plenty of slimes in the forest.

Armored bugs the size of a human head and wolves are potentially dangerous. We are lucky that they reside deeper into the forest and that only strays appear on the road. With an able body and a durable tool, a single one of them can be swiftly slain. Their cores sell for a hefty sum, so I’ve heard.

0