V.3-Ch.54: Longing for the Boundless Blue
235 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Near the steps of the Blood Palace, Alister, Maven, and Song Yue gazed up at the sky as it crumbled. Ye Yuyan's dragon form rose towards the atmosphere as the roiling blood river usurped the heavens. The seven suns fell from the sky into the celestial sized river, the undercurrents surrounded the seven stars engulfing them in its majesty.

Inside of the red river, were various golden streams filled with golden weaponry. Swords, hammers, axes, blades, and all forms of refined steel clashed throughout the river. The golden streams surged towards the demonic stars, wrapping around them in golden chains.

The golden chains sealed each star in a matrix of nomological runes, suppressing the demonic power inside of the star's core. The galactic celestial bodies shrunk down as the golden chains wrapped around them according to a heavenly principle.

As the chains wrapped around to completion, the red river's undercurrents grew calmer and suddenly the rumbling in the skies stopped. The dark stars pulsated as a dim flame emanated from each star.

The crimson waters of the red sea channeled towards the seven stars, the waters divided into seven portions wrapping around the stars as a sphere. The water formed a thin red membrane around each star containing the demonic flames one by one until the crimson waters sealed every star.

The red membrane around each star closed in, containing and suppressing the demonic power even more as it pressed against the golden chains. The only thing between the membrane touching the star at this point were the chains themselves.

As the intense powers revolved and the celestial bodies shrunk, Ye Yuyan sat calmly atop the Red Dragon's head in meditation. With the completion of the red membrane, his eyes flashed open with an intense radiant blue!

Inside of Ye Yuyan's body, the matrix of crystals in his meridians exploded with Qi as each crystal flashed with a blinding light. The blinding light burst out of Ye Yuyan's body filling the sky with a radiant blue light surpassing the brightest star in the night sky.

The radiance landed on the seven stars inundating them with radiant Qi. The radiant Qi seethed with excitement as it wrapped around the stars as rings of light. The rings of light spun at rapid speeds moving so fast that one wouldn't suspect they were moving!

Rings formed around each star one by one and then the rings split into clusters around each star. Seven rings spun rapidly equidistant on each star, seven rings on seven stars for forty-nine rings!

"Arrrggghhh!" The Red Dragon roared as the seven stars went to completion with the addition of the rings. The stars condensed down until they were the size of a hand, each revolving with various esoteric runes and nomological powers.

The seven stars flew toward each head, the green star towards the Greed head, and the black star toward the Pride head, with the other stars going to any head. The diadem on each dragon's head shone as the socket for a gem revealed itself!

The demonic stars flew toward the diadem, entering the crown socket of each head instantly. The dragon heads writhed with excitement as the gems fitted perfectly into the diadems bringing their demonic powers to completion!

Demonic essence transmitted through each head as a powerful wispy and dark aura escaped from the dragon's body. The thin aura distorted space-time with its advance overturning the nomological principles around it.

Ye Yuyan grabbed at the sleeves of his robes pulling them down and revealing his crystalline and muscular body. His immortal physique glistened amidst the darkness as radiant energy circled throughout his body.

Ever since Ye Yuyan innovated the Thundercrystal Physique while training in the black sea, his body would automatically revolve the Radiant Qi.

Which is created from the combination of Lunar Qi and Lightning Qi. Radiant Qi has a dual attribute of being calm and lipid-like the moon but tyrannical and overbearing like thunder.

These attributes made Radiant Qi ideal for body refining and constantly strengthen Ye Yuyan's physical power. By virtue of his body alone, he could fight powerful rank 3 and rank 4 experts.

The red dragon's body turned illusionary as it turned into motes of light, dissipating from the sky. The lights flew towards Ye Yuyan's back reassembling as the seven-headed red dragon on his back. As the dragon fused into Ye Yuyan's body, he closed his eyes once again entering meditation.

All the turmoil of Ye Yuyan's absorption ended at that moment as the heavenly lights dissipated and the cracks in the sky healed. The artificial darkness dissipated revealing the red and radiant sun, which illuminated the world once again.

Alister, Maven, and Song Yue exited the area around the blood palace. They levitated in the air directly over the blood city, a great distance away from Ye Yuyan who was levitating in the upper stratum of the atmosphere.

They could barely see his physical body from such a distance, only in his Evil Form could one see him. Ye Yuyan's body floated calmly amidst the atmospheric pressures and phenomenon. The only aura around him with a thin and wispy black aura.

"His aura, its gotten so much weaker. Is he done?" Song Yue asked as her eyes remained glued at Ye Yuyan.

"No...it has only just begun." Alister shook his head as he replied

Song Yue tilted her head towards Alister in confusion and asked: "What? What do you mean?"

"It is the nature of a demon." Alister replied, "They might take physical forms but they are incorporeal beings!"

"Then the remaining battle rages beyond our perception." Maven said as he crossed his arms over each other and stared up at Ye Yuyan wondering about the internal battle.

"There's nothing we can do, let us go convene with the Elders." Alister shook his head and turned into a red beam and shot towards the blood city.

Maven joined behind him turning into a cyan beam of light. Only Song Yue remained as she stared at Ye Yuyan with wonder.

"What are you planning?" She mumbled to herself before turning into a beam of light herself and following Maven and Alister from behind.

***********************

Off in a distant land, a white-topped mountain pierced through the white clouds in a blue sky. The serene blue sky shone as the clouds stretched across all the way to the horizon. At the bottom of this stand-alone mountain, was a gigantic super mansion.

The mansion stretched from the bottom of the mountain across miles, at the top of the pavilion was a large sign with the character for truth and at the bottom was the clan name, Ye! Behind the mansion was a scattering of pavilions and a few small courtyards around them.

At the edge of the pavilions was a stone house with a small courtyard. Within the courtyard was a small garden and just north of the house was a small stream cutting down from the mountain.

The courtyard's garden was entirely barren with only grass covering it. The only thing there was a decrepit old tree that lacked leaves.

In the house's courtyard, a young man dressed in white robes sat calmly looking at the sky. The young man's blue eyes glittered like the sky as it kicked his legs out rhythmically.

"Hm...hm...hm..." He hummed as he fluttered his legs against the grass. His pleasant hum echoed ever so slightly through the air. In the stream cutting past the house, the coy fish swished in the waters as they danced to the rhythm of the humming.

In the courtyard, various lilies, roses, and carnations burst from the ground and rapidly grew. The humming stimulated their roots as nutrients rapidly entered the flowers and suddenly they all simultaneously bloomed.

The humming passed the decrepit tree suddenly bringing it to life, an intense vitality burst through its roots and imbibed the tree with new life.

Suddenly it grew sprouts all along its branches, the branches grew longer and sturdier with each second until the first sprout blossomed into a cherry blossom. A light wind passed the tree shooting cherry blossoms into the air, bringing life and color to the garden.

"Hmm... hmm... hmm." The young man continued to hum as the garden grew increasingly vibrant.

From behind the young man, an ominous wraith-like figure appeared. Dark and wispy energy distorted the surrounding space obscuring the figure's face.

As the wraith appeared behind the young man, the flowers and tree suddenly stopped growing as if they were afraid of attracting the wraith's attention.

"Your time is up..." The Wraith said with a raspy growl. Its body drifted closer to the young man who immediately stopped his humming. His blue eyes glittered as he stood up abruptly and glanced back behind him to see the wraith.

He silently acknowledged it and turned his attention back to the sky. His blue eyes reflected the boundless blue sky that he longed to be a part of.

3