V.3-Ch.58: Venerable Decree
206 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Across the desert, hundreds of miles away from the Origin Soul city, a group of black-robed disciples ventured together. On the backs of the disciples was an embroidering of a seven-headed red dragon with each head having a different color.

At the head of the disciples was an immaculately dressed young man in black robes. His dark eyes shined like gemstones as they scanned the desert closely. This young man was none other than Ye Yuyan!

Ye Yuyan crossed the desert sands slowly as a red wind passed him by. The wind curved away from him as he emanated a wispy black aura that pushed it away. He took a few steps forward before suddenly stopping and furrowing his brows.

"This is the spot." He said as he crouched down to the ground.

From the sea of black-robed disciples, a black-cloaked figure emerged. On his back was the same seven-headed dragon that disciples wore except his vaguely writhed as if alive.

The figure removed his hood revealing a greying hair and a stern expression. This was Alister after Ye Yuyan ascended the Demon Throne he started his plans to revitalize the Blood Sect.

During the time of Venerable Blood, the Blood Sect ruled supreme with multiple overlord level cultivators and a Venerable class cultivator but after the fall of Venerable Blood, the Blood Sect rapidly deteriorated.

The Blood Sect gathered the world's resources wantonly through murder and thievery drawing the ire of the world's denizens. With Venerable Blood gone, the world's strongest clans joined hands to destroy the blood sect.

Their attack caused untold damage and killed most of the overlords of the blood sect. In the world's history, there have only been eight Venerable class humans.

Because of the rarity of another Venerable's birth, overlords have ruled for most of the world's history. The power of an Overlord is not to be doubted because their power is unrivaled below the Venerables. The requirements to be crowned an overlord are to reach Rank 6 and master a law.

With the complete power of law, they can alter heaven and earth and summon the Qi of the world to crush an opponent.

Rank 5 cultivators have the power to fuse with heaven and earth within an area, but an Overlord can fuse with their entire planet and use the whole world as a part of themselves.

After losing the Overlords of the Blood Sect and Venerable Blood, the blood sect inheritance dwindled. They sealed themselves off from the world in a side world and slowly their power decreased.

Ye Yuyan pressed his palms together and closed his eyes, a dark essence wrapped around Ye Yuyan's body as he spoke saying:

"Let,
The light of darkness.
Devour,
The darkness of light.
Man is Demon,
Through and through.
Darkness,
Devours,
Light."

"Awaken!" He roared and turned his palms out releasing two massive waves of darkness. The waves of dark particles rippled as the crashed into a thin membrane in the desert sky. The darkness wrapped around the membrane turning the clearness of the barrier and staining it black.

Suddenly the darkness seethed with excitement and stabbed into the barrier. Hundreds of holes appeared around the barrier's membrane slowly ripping it open.

The darkness wrapped the area around for tens of miles as it cut down the barrier. The red winds and sand dunes in the area turned into nothingness as the barrier came down revealing a gigantic temple stretching hundreds of meters!

Around the temple were various pavilions, halls, towers, and the other constructions littered about. In the gardens of the buildings, weeds grew and in the cracks of the houses was a parasitic moss.

Not a soul lingered in the dark decrepit streets of this ghost school but that didn't deter Alister. Alister stood slack-jawed with awe as he gazed upon the decrepit old city. He fell to his knees and buried his head in the sand.

"The Demon Sect's ancestral home...I have finally returned." He sobbed with happiness with his head still on the ground, his thankful tears silently dripped onto the red sand unseen by anyone.

Ye Yuyan walked up to Alister, who raised his head in response. With reddened eyes and a blank expression, he looked up at Ye Yuyan's cold countenance.

Ye Yuyan reached into his robes and removed a black dagger, Ye Yuyan released a powerful bloodlust activating the dagger. The dagger elongated turning into a dual-edged sword and with a swift motion, Ye Yuyan put the sword right above Alister's right shoulder.

"I grant ye, Alister. The title of Supreme Elder of the Demon Lineage Sect." Ye Yuyan commanded as he tapped the sword on Alister's left shoulder and motioned for him to stand up.

Alister felt his body suddenly fill up with untold darkness particles, the intense fluctuations of demon Qi instantly condensed towards his stomach.

The energy diffused through his meridians and past his acupoints until it condensed into a Demon Core in the center of his body. The intense demonic Qi in the city twisted as the demonic core spun rapidly. Alister's eyes filled with darkness as the power of the demon fused into his body.

Alister crossed his legs and closed his eyes entering meditation, the disciples behind him crouched down simultaneously and went into meditation themselves. With his job complete, Ye Yuyan flicked his robes and turned into a black streak in the sky.

He crossed the skies leaving a dark streak as his body distorted through space. Rather than flying at supersonic speeds, Ye Yuyan seemed to walk at a slow pace but somehow he would appear and reappear thousands of meters away.

In a hundred breaths, Ye Yuyan traversed thousands of miles of desert until he happened upon a gigantic hunk of rock floating in the sky. The gigantic rock looked as though it were a mountain ripped from the ground as it slowly rotated in the sky.

Nine streams of white Qi crossed the rock going to the top of the thing, Ye Yuyan followed the flow until he reached the top.

At the top was a lush Greenland filled with vibrant life and serenity. Scattered throughout the fertile lands were houses made with an earth foundation, timber frames, and with walls and floors made of brick.

Cutting across the land were nine small rivers of white Qi, they all fed into the center of the land. Ye Yuyan's body flashed again this time appearing at the center of the floating island. There he found the center of all the rivers, which was a small white lake formed from immortal Qi.

Floating atop the lake of immortal Qi was a group of three people, one was a white-robed old man, the other was a blue-robed and white-haired young man, and the last was an alluring woman in a tight black dress. These three were respectively, The Supreme Immortal Elder, Maven, and Song Yue.

The three of them floated over the immortal lake in lotus form with their eyes tightly shut. As they cultivated the purifying immortal Qi flowed through their meridians and acupoints flushing away their impurities and stabilizing their cultivations.

Sitting by the lake's bank were two figures, one was an oily fat man in a turban, and the other was a red-robed young man who emanated a sense of bloodlust with his every action.

The moment Ye Yuyan appeared they both turned to look at the sky. Ye Yuyan's body flashed again appearing on the lake bank in front of the two figures. The two of them are the Qushji and Human Supreme Elder, respectively.

The instant, Ye Yuyan's darkness enshrouded body appeared in front of them. They both went to the knees and bowed before his unrivaled demonic self.

"Your Majesty." The Human Elder said as he offered a junior's greeting to Ye Yuyan. Ye Yuyan smirked slightly as he scanned the Human Elder's body closely.

Ye Yuyan ignored the Human Elder and turned his attention to the man in the turban and with a sneering expression he said: "Qushji, you needn't offer me such greetings even if your clone is so young."

The Human Elder's pupils constricted with shock as he glanced over at the Qushji. Qushji wryly smiled and laughed nervously.

"Hahaha! What can I hide from your discerning eye?" He laughed uproariously leaving his clone confused as he glanced at both Ye Yuyan and Qushji for an answer.

Qushji glanced over at the Human Elder and commanded: "Xiao Qushji, go back to the capital and attend to the sect reorganization."

The Human Elder nodded and jumped into the air turning into a blood-red streak across the sky. As the Human Elder left Ye Yuyan walked closer to the lake bank and sat down, Qushji joined him sitting next to him.

They together silently staring into the lipid white lake, immortal Qi danced atop the water like auroras as they mixed in the water and escaped suddenly streaking across the lake. The beautiful sight enraptured them both in the beauty and complexity of nature.

"On my journey here, I met a man named Su Yan. I would have thought our meeting to be a coincidence, but he had a far too familiar aura, the aura of the Duplicate Ego Technique." Ye Yuyan calmly said with his gaze focused on the smooth and silent waters.

"Yes... after you disappeared the shadow sect attacked us. They stole the Duplicate Ego technique, but I kept the technique in my mind. I knew that man wanted to cultivate it, so I did it as well and split my power into Xiao Qushji." Qushji replied carefully as he probed Ye Yuyan's expression

At the mention of that man, Ye Yuyan's calm expression suddenly hardened. His eyes turned cold and his eyebrows furrowed, a piercing blue reflected in his eyes as he emanated an intense frost aura.

Over the immortal lake, Maven and Song Yue's eyes suddenly flashed open as they felt Ye Yuyan's oppressive Qi, only the Old Immortal remained unperturbed.

"When Old Immortal Yang awakens, you and he will enter Heaven's Realm until then you will revitalize the sect." Ye Yuyan commanded with a cold voice and frozen demeanor. His powerful frost Qi constantly emanated as the vague silhouette of a white wolf appeared behind him.

"I understand... and what of you, sir?" Qushji cupped his fists and asked as he released a little of his Qi internally to resist Ye Yuyan's cold aura.

As Qushji spoke Maven and Song Yue flashed across the lake appearing in front of Ye Yuyan, immortal Qi automatically gathered around them cleansing their bodies without a thought.

Esoteric dao runes flashed on their bodies and engraved within them were the truths of their dao. This was the power of laws, which is the hallmark of a Rank 4 expert.

"It is time for me to fulfill my promise." Ye Yuyan said as he scanned over Maven and Song Yue after he felt their condensed laws, he praised them saying good three times in a row.

"Then..." Song Yue hesitantly tried to say but Ye Yuyan cut her off.

"We will head to the Phoenix Capital of the Eastern Lands!" Ye Yuyan proclaimed with a sinister smirk by his side Qushji's jaw slacked with shock.

"But sir, the capital has all overlords of the world and you have yet to achieve your full strength." Qushji advised with concern but his words fell onto deaf ears.

Ye Yuyan turned to look at Qushji, Qushji's body filled with a primordial fear he felt only from one man in his life. In ancient times, he met the Blood Venerable back then he felt his unbeatable ambition, and now he felt the same pressure from Ye Yuyan!

With cold and dark eyes filled with ambition, Ye Yuyan revealed his truest nature as he said to Qushji: "Mark my words, Qushji. When I return next, it will be as a Venerable!"

Qushji stared in shock at Ye Yuyan as he flicked his sleeve enveloping himself, Maven, and Song Yue in primordial darkness. The darkness cocooned them and turned into nothingness with their bodies disappearing into the deep of space.

3