V.3-Ch.61: A young swallow no longer
214 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Understood, Madam.” The Verulyim king put his hand over his chest and bowed lightly. His aspect partially emerged from his back and blue lights glittered across his body.

He looked over at Emily, Su Yan, and Ghost Hands before turning into a lightning bolt and blasting off into the sky. Su Yan and Emily glanced over at the fairy with cautiousness when suddenly Ghost Hands gathered a white aura and flew off after the Verulyim King.
 
Emily gritted her teeth and followed behind leaving a golden streak in the air as she pursued her father. Su Yan was the last, his body distorted rapidly as he faded into the sky and followed the princess.
 
As the lights faded off into the sky, Ye Yuyan grabbed the hilt of his sword and picked himself up from the ground. He ripped his sword out of the ground and shook it removing the debris. Madam Qian slowly approached Ye Yuyan with her long white hair flowing in the wind.
 
“Master! Is that really you?” Song Yue’s pupils constricted with shock as Madam Qian appeared.
 
Madam Qian glanced over at Song Yue with her tranquil blue eyes and smiled as she said: “My dear disciple... I hope Ye Yuyan has treated you well.”
 
“Master...I...” Song Yue took a step forward and tried to speak when Ye Yuyan suddenly interrupted her.
 
“Song Qian... you dare to appear before me.” Ye Yuyan coldly intoned with frosty eyes and a grim countenance.
 
Song Qian wryly smiled as Ye Yuyan’s frosty gaze pierced through her and replied: “So long yet you still hold a grudge.”
 
“Had you not interfered with Venerable Moon, I would have had my complete power.” A vein popped out on Ye Yuyan forehead as he tightly gripped his fist and furrowed his brow in complete fury.
 
“But those are matters of the past, what matters now is the present.” Ye Yuyan said, “So what do you want?”
 
Song Qian’s eyes glanced over at Song Yue and back at Ye Yuyan. She raised her palm and shot out a beam of immortal Qi toward Song Yue. Song Yue’s body lurched as the white Qi struck into her temple.
 
“Ahhhhh!” She yelled as her immortal Qi went into a frenzy, behind her an aspect manifested. Lotus petals flickered in the air as a white lotus bloomed in the center. Two white lotuses reflected in her eyes as if they were floating on top of a tranquil lake.
 
As Song Yue’s aura metamorphosed, Song Qian drew in the air with her finger. Her every swift slash left a trail of flames, she snapped her left hand recombining the flame lines into a single object.
 
The flames shone a brilliant vermillion as it condensed down into a glob of flames. The flames transformed into a shining medallion and landed in Song Qian’s palm. She threw the medallion across the plains toward Ye Yuyan, who raised his hand and grabbed it.
 
Ye Yuyan looked down at the medallion and felt in it a powerful vermillion flame, engrave on the medallion was a stunning Vermillion bird ascending to the heavens.
 
“The medallion for my disciple.” Song Qian intoned as Ye Yuyan scanned over the medallion.
 
“Heh, that I can agree to.” Ye Yuyan chuckled as he put the medallion away into his robes.
 
Song Qian raised her hand causing the space around her and Song Yue to distort and her body faded into space as her body disappeared she said: “Then we shall take our leave.”
 
Song Qian’s coy laugh echoed in the plains as her body disappeared saying: “Oh and... try not to die, my beloved.”
 
As Song Qian disappeared, Ye Yuyan focused his attention on the vast blue sky of the plains. He turned behind him and looked at the snowy mountain with a hint of nostalgia. Maven stood at the side quietly attending to Ye Yuyan until Ye Yuyan spoke.
 
“Did you mark, Su Yan?” Ye Yuyan asked with his attention still focused on the sky.
 
“Yes... no matter where he goes, I will sense it.” Maven straightened his back and answered Ye Yuyan quickly.
 
“Good, then go keep watch on him.” Ye Yuyan coldly glanced over at Maven and commanded.
 
“Understood.” Maven replied and gathered Lunar Qi into his body, behind him his Lunar Aspect manifested as it emerged from his back.
 
He stepped on the ground and was about to fly away when Ye Yuyan coldly intoned: “Oh and... keep watch of that old man.”
 
Maven nodded his head and turned into a cyan streak in the air, cyan lights surrounded him as he disappeared into the boundless blue sky. Ye Yuyan stood alone beneath the shadow of the mountain and stared into the sky.
 
“What a reminiscent sight...” Ye Yuyan whispered lightly, he gazed around the shadow plains and toward the snowy mountain.
 
Memories of the past and the present overlapped, creating the illusion in Ye Yuyan’s mind of an old marble home with a quaint courtyard.
 
He squinted his eyes and he could see the events of old unfold, in the skies he saw the vague silhouette of a violet figure and another silhouette made from an ashy smog.
 
Ye Yuyan closed his eyes and activated his Red Lotus, the first three lotus leaves superimposed and Demonic power gushed from Ye Yuyan’s body. The river of red within his second lotus leaf suddenly turned black and expanded rapidly until it formed into a dark sea.
 
Ye Yuyan reached out with a dark hand and with a single tap ripped space apart as if moving away curtains. Ye Yuyan took a swift step and entered the spatial rift and passed through spatial turbulence with ease.
 
Ye Yuyan’s body emerged from the spatial rift into a world of darkness that stretched past the horizon. A massive shadow mountain pierced through the sky and littered across its base were the remnants of a gigantic mansion.
 
Ye Yuyan scanned across the mansion when he noticed at the front of the mansion stabbed into the ground was a massive sign with the word, Ye inscribed on it!
 
Ye Yuyan reached into his robes and removed a white scroll, he swiftly unfurled it releasing a multifarious light. From the scroll a pink bamboo umbrella shot out, it emanated a fantastical nine colored light as Ye Yuyan gripped it and rested the umbrella on his shoulder.
 
Ye Yuyan turned his gaze toward the shadow mountain and firmly stepped onto the air. He calmly strode across the air taking in the memories of the Ye clan.
 
From his memories he could see the various villas and pavilions in the clan, he could even see the immortal stream that cut down from the ancestral mountain. He followed this imaginary stream to the top of the mountain.
 
Once Ye Yuyan reached the peak, he flew down with his umbrella in hand and landed on the chilling Iceland that was the mountain peak.
 
He strode across the ice and snow amidst the dark sky and approached two slabs of stone stabbed into the ground. They seemed to be tombstones, but it was hard to see what was written.
 
As Ye Yuyan approached the tombstones, a red silhouette and white silhouette flashed beside him. The white and red silhouettes became increasingly clear as Ye Yuyan got closer to the tombstones.
 
Once Ye Yuyan got in front of the slabs, he could read them and they each said: “Here lies Ye Yanrui and here lies Qin Yu.”
 
The instant Ye Yuyan read the tombstones, the silhouette became clear. Standing by the Tombstone of Ye Yanrui was the white silhouette, it flickered as it formed into a white-haired young man with radiant blue eyes and a floral pattern over his pupils. His white hair flowed down to the back of his white robes blending together like an ominous wraith.
 
Next to Qin Yu’s grave, the red silhouette flickered as it became clearer. A bloody slaughter force enveloped Ye Yuyan as two scorching red suns opened, and the red silhouette coalesced into a red-robed man. Dark red hair flowed down his red robes and matched his frightening bloody eyes as they fused together to create a horrifying visage.
 
Ye Yuyan stood between the two graves with both silhouettes calmly staring at him as if awaiting his response.
 
BOOM!
 
Thunder pealed in the dark sky as the silhouettes manifested, nine colored lightning danced across the darkness as Ye Yuyan threw a cursory glance. As the lightning rumbled and tumbled in the air, Ye Yuyan stared to recite:
 
“At the crossroads of destiny and fate
A young swallow dashes through the air
Leaving a lingering trail left for another
The attentive mother follows closely behind
Blind to the workings of fate
A patient eagle swoops on its prey
This is the future that awaits
The young are fed as prey
All are made this way.”
 
The two figures nodded their heads as if approving what Ye Yuyan was saying. Ye Yuyan smirked demonically as his body emanated the power of the demon and with a soft whisper he said: “I am a young swallow no longer.”
3