V.1-Ch.4: First Revolution
1.6k 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demonic light in Illathar's eyes faded as his massive body collapsed on the ground. His blue blood made the soil into permafrost.

The red mist receded into the lotus and it wilted and disappearing behind Ye Yuyan. The serpent went along with as it fused into his body.

Ye Yuyan eyes went back to their regular blue and his sword decreased in size until it was a regular black dagger. Ye Yuyan took the dagger and put it inside his robe, his face looked bloodless and pale under the moonlight.

'That's the last of my baleful energy...' Ye Yuyan thought solemnly to himself

He looked over at the destroyed village and then he noticed Illathar's gigantic body start to decrease in size.

He jumped over to it just in time, to see in the center of Illathar was Gulan. Along Gulan's chest was a crescent slash, he had died instantly from the final slash

Ye Yuyan removed a scroll and released a few thousands hand seals onto Gulan's body. Then from his body sprung forward a frost bull demon soul. It was Illathar's fragment of his fiend soul. In summoning him, Gulan brought a part of Illathar's true soul to the mortal world and fused with it.

Illathar's soul fragment must fuse with the host body for him to get any of the memories of what happened here. Otherwise, Ye Yuyan would never dare reveal his bloodline like that. Anyone who sees the lotus must die!

Ye Yuyan took the soul and sealed it inside a scroll. On Gulan's body was a bamboo gourd, Ye Yuyan walked over and grabbed it.

He unsealed the cork and slowly analyzed the gourd.

"A sealing gourd." Ye Yuyan said with a smug grin as he looked at the holy symbol on the corner of the gourd.

It was a 9-pointed star formed from 9 different colored swords. This was the symbol of the Verulyim Holy Sacrament, a powerful order that trained Knights, Exorcists, and even Demon Sealers.

Ye Yuyan moved quickly to extract the blood of Illathar's decaying Evil Form. He got the blood and put it inside the gourd, this gourd could be used to hold demonic materials and liquids.

"An investigation team from the capital should be here soon." Ye Yuyan said as he looked over at the horizon.

"I need to heal my injuries and replenish my blood energy. Then I can go to the Verulyim kingdom's capital." Ye Yuyan said as he looked off into the east, his eyes flashing with an ominous light.

His eyes scanned to the east and he saw a quick pathway. He jumped forward and moved at high speeds as he scanned across the paths.

Where he was currently at is The Desolate Range, a mountain range that separates the eastern and western lands. There were a few untraversable valleys around that were known to house powerful beings but he made sure to avoid it.

At the most center of the range was a mountain that stretched in the firmament. Most people would not climb it but instead, go around it slowly. That made traveling from the east to west quite a long journey.

There were a few villages on this path, but with the attack of beasts, they are often destroyed. Only villages guarded by the kingdom survived. Ye Yuyan jumped a few miles before he stopped near the top of the last mountain before entering the eastern lands.

He approached the mountain and took out his dagger. He cut open a hole into the mountain, a small room for himself. Then he jumped inside it and sealed the hole. He sat down in a meditative stance and reached into his robes and removing three scrolls, the gourd, and his dagger.

He unfurled the three scrolls, one was the primordial tree stub, the other two were Illathar's soul fragment, and the last was the baleful energies.

'Before I enter the capital, I need to absorb Illathar's power.' Ye Yuyan calculated as he looked at the scrolls in front of him.

Humanity had 3 conventional paths for power before them. Sealing, Chivalry, and the mysterious bloodline path.

The first path involves sealing powerful existences within oneself. Conventionally that means sealing demons.

The second path involves training in weapons and the body. That means tempering the body using the power of various powers.

The third path is the bloodline path and little is known about it. Only those with the rarest human bloodlines can cultivate this path.

Ye Yuyan planned to join a Verulyim Order to peruse their techniques. But to enter he needs conventional power such as demon sealer power.

He undid his hand seals with counter seals in a few moments and the scrolls released a massive amount of demonic energy. A massive black mist seemed to condense around the room. Ye Yuyan closed his eyes and a red lotus appeared behind him with a coiled serpent.

The serpent was smaller than last time as if it was about to fade away. The serpent hissed and as if by command the baleful energy rushed into the stamen of the lotus.

The serpent started to grow as the baleful energy fused into it. The lotus seemed to be bolstered by it as well and it instantly doubled in size.

On one of the leaves, a set of black inscriptions filled about 50% of it. The brilliant cursive inscriptions beautifully flowed on the leaf. Ye Yuyan's then grabbed the alcohol gourd and he drank Illathar's blood. The blue liquid went down his throat and started to freeze his insides.

It traveled along his meridians, freezing them until it settled into his blood. Then it seeped into his marrow and his entire body started to freeze on the inside. Soon after a thin layer of frost developed on Ye Yuyan's skin.

He reached out with his hand and unsealed the scroll with primordial tree stub. A strange phenomenon of a massive azure great tree appeared.

The tree reached into the heavens and propped up heaven and earth. Its grand majesty released a massive amount of green energy and the energy streaming into Ye Yuyan's body.

The blue blood seemed to become stronger as it fused with the green energy. The vitality in Ye Yuyan body skyrocketed, the blue blood started to willingly fuse with Ye Yuyan's body.

The red lotus leaf with the black inscriptions started to engrave a set of blue inscriptions. Soon 40% of the leaf was filled with blue and black inscriptions, yet something felt incomplete about it. Ye Yuyan gritted his teeth as he grabbed the last scroll.

He quickly unsealed Illathar's soul fragment and devoured it. His body started to shake as the ice on his skin dissolved. The blue blood completely fused into his body at that moment. Ye Yuyan acted quickly forcing Illathar's soul into the leaf.

Suddenly, the leaf quickly started to engrave a single snowflake on it. As the snowflake formed with an intricate pattern, the leaf started to darken until it was a solitary frozen blue. With scattered black inscriptions right below the snowflake.

Then when the engraving was done the lotus leaf emanated a sense of perfection. The other 8 leaves were still red but now one of them was blue. A powerful principle seemed to radiate from the leaf. Ye Yuyan's eyes opened as dark eyes gleamed with a frosty glint. His cold stare made him seem like he was eternal ice.

He gripped his fist as a powerful frost qi emanated from him. Everything around him in the cave started to freeze until even the walls were completely frozen.

For his final task, he reached into his robes and removed another scroll. But this one was unlike the others it was a tattered black scroll. It looked as though it was one touch away from disintegration.

He unfurled the scroll as it flew by itself in front of him and suddenly the strange sound of humming and chanting erupted around the room. On the scroll flashed nomological inscriptions that danced across the scroll.

He grabbed the gourd at his waist and threw it at the scroll. The inscriptions shined even brighter as the gourd levitated in front of the scroll. On the gourd, the 9 colored star flashed as various lights streamed out of the gourd.

With a deft hand, Ye Yuyan guided the various lights into the black scroll. The lights flitted together creating a sort of heavenly principle. The dark scroll became colored with heavenly light as a 9 colored lightning symbol formed.

The light started to wane as the colors on the gourd disappeared. The colors disappeared entirely from the gourd and then the black scroll furled on his own. Ye Yuyan grabbing both put them away on his waist and in his robes.

"Now I am ready for the capital." He said with a sneering expression.

10