V.3-Ch.65: Fate, Luck, or Destiny?
184 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the darkness of the temple wrapped around Ye Yuyan, space-time curved shuttling him off into the endless of void of space. His body shot through the vacuum at light speeds, as all around him the glittering stars of the universe shown down on him.

His form shot through space escaping from the range of a massive celestial body behind him. The celestial body was a gigantic smooth circular object that shone with a myriad of lights, around the object were endless multicolored shards.

Within those shards existed endless worlds, on one such world was a thin membrane of lightning and at that moment an endless stream of yellow, red, and black lights shot through the membrane entering the mystical world of lightning.

Other mystical worlds flitted past Ye Yuyan's gaze, he saw a shard of blood with an adjoining shard of darkness floating near it when he saw a shard of white with a sharp slicing quality to it pass him by.

The multicolored shards emitted fantastical lights that reflected all across the celestial body surrounding it with multicolored auroras.

The massive celestial body behind him was the earth and the surrounding aurora is the atmosphere. The thousands of shards surrounding the earth are the 3000 Dao Worlds, that are the building blocks of all things under heaven and earth.

Ye Yuyan shot past the last shard entering out of the range of the lights and auroras, and he shot towards a distant light.

As Ye Yuyan shot through space, the distant light became increasingly clear as it radiated intense waves of heat.

The intensity of light grew higher and higher as he approached almost blinding him from the sheer brightness. The massive celestial body pulsated with waves of heat as it constantly funneled plasma and heat in a thermonuclear reaction on a massive scale.

In a few moments, Ye Yuyan's body was before the gigantic star. The waves of heat erupted and wrapped Ye Yuyan in vermillion flames devouring his body into the celestial body. Ye Yuyan's perception filled with many mystical colors as a world of flames appeared before him.

The Canon of Humanity, which is a collection of various myths and stories about how humans came to be, and it says Venerable Phoenix is the Bearer of the Sun.

The myth has it that at the end of his life after founding the 12 immortal bloodlines; he flew into the vacuum of space and detonated himself into millions of Rule Fragments. The Rule Fragments fused together and created the Sun, which brought light to the darkness of the world.

So the phrase, Tomb of the Phoenix means where Venerable Phoenix went to die and was reborn like a phoenix in a new form as the sun!

As the various flames engulfed Ye Yuyan, his body entered deeper and deeper into the sun's core until suddenly the myriad of flames parted from his view and he landed onto a strange sandy desert.

Ye Yuyan looked down on the ground and stared at the granules of sand, they seemed like glass as they reflected a myriad of lights. Then he looked at the sky and saw hundreds of auroras intertwining to make strange shapes and designs.

Ye Yuyan stepped on the air and levitated rapidly to the sky, increasing his field of vision rapidly. As he rose higher, the entire world grew increasingly flatter, not a single wind stirred the seven colored sand as Ye Yuyan scanned across the entire world.

When suddenly he noticed off in the distance at the center of the plane was a long spiraling pagoda reaching into the limits of the firmament. Ye Yuyan stepped on the air igniting current of lightning at his feet, his body disappeared into a blue flash leaving an electrical current with each stride.

Ye Yuyan's body flashed back into existence, less than a hundred meters from the massive pagoda. Up close, he could see a seven-colored flame spiral around the pagoda as the energies flew up to the sky.

He stepped on the air again shooting into the sky, following the pagoda to the limit of the sky. In less than a moment, Ye Yuyan was at the top of the pagoda. Atop the pagoda was a gigantic platform surrounded with a wall of fire.

Ye Yuyan's right eye shone with a vermillion bird releasing vermillion flames across his body as he suddenly jumped through the wall of flames onto the platform.

He looked up above him and noticed the wall of flames pierce into the sky. Above him was the empty void of space surrounded by the wall of flames as if it were being kept in check.

"Venerable Phoenix, show yourself!" Ye Yuyan roared as vermillion flames cascaded across his body.

Ka-Cha!

The wall of flames crackled as a myriad of colors flashed throughout the flames, in the flames of in front of Ye Yuyan a pair of golden eyes flashed open.

The golden gaze released infinite splendor as it gazed from an immemorial era onto Ye Yuyan's form. The golden light escaping its eyes could rival that of a supernova exploding!

The entire world shook as a deep voice bellow rumbling heaven and earth: "Who has awoken me from my slumber?"

The heavenly dao stirred as the mystical voice spoke a myriad of lights to dance through the sky. This was the prestige of a Venerable, a person who has achieved a status on par with heaven and earth!

The flame walls grew as Venerable Phoenix awoke causing the flames to fly past Ye Yuyan as he calmly opened his palm and ignited a vermillion flame. Ye Yuyan twiddled his fingers dancing the flame as the light of the golden gaze scanned over him.

"I am here for the trial of Six Heavenly Flames." Ye Yuyan disclosed with a soft genial smile and frighteningly cold eyes.

"You are..." Venerable Phoenix intoned with slight shock Ye Yuyan sneered as Venerable Phoenix's will went silent.

"I see... Heaven's Will did not extinguish you." Venerable Phoenix chuckled coldly as he spoke, with his every word the wall of flames would stir releasing heat waves onto Ye Yuyan.

Ye Yuyan relaxed his smile and coldly replied: "No matter the form heaven takes, a mere construct will never defeat me."

"Now who is it you will support Heaven's Will or me?" Ye Yuyan continued as vermillion flames cascaded down his body, guarding him against the erupting heat waves.

"Of the three, Fate, Luck, and Destiny. I have always believed most in destiny, fate is the tool of heaven, luck is the tool of earth, and destiny is the tool of man." Venerable Phoenix continued to say "I endorse no one but destiny..."

"So?" Ye Yuyan asked with a slightly closed-lipped smile.

"Show me!" Venerable Phoenix bellowed sending the wall of flames into the sky. The dark portal fluctuated as the flames feed into it, suddenly a white light shot through the portal and crashed into the platform.

The portal distorted again releasing a fast moving blue light and a black and white light. Soon after a myriad of red lights shot through the portal and crashed onto the platform. As the walls of flames swayed in the air around the platform, the lights dissipated revealing a group of figures.

The white lights dissipated revealing at the forefront of the figures, a tightly dressed woman in a black evening gown. Her hair was tied up above her in an elegant bun, a few strands cascaded down to her alluring dark eyes.

Her luscious lips parted as she sarcastically greeted Ye Yuyan: "Hello...Brother Ye."

Next to her, from the blue light emerged a young man in a blue toga. Furious blue lightning crackled across his body as he stared at Ye Yuyan with bloodthirsty eyes and a vicious smile.

"Is this him? The Demon Ye I've heard so much about." A voice echoed as the beautiful white-robed woman appeared next to Mercer. Moonlight cascaded down her body illuminating her immaculate jade skin.

"He matches the description..." Another voice echoed as a golden-robed young man manifested next to the woman. Golden flames danced in his eyes as his broad shoulder and strong body shone with a blinding golden light.

To the left, the various lights manifested into different figures. From the bronze light, manifested a blonde-haired woman in bronze armor.

From a holy orange light, materialized a saffron-robed old man and from the last light came a disheveled middle-aged man in knightly armor.

A dark-haired man in thick black hide armor walked up and said: "Madam Chang'e that is definitely him!"

On the right side, a white light turned into a young man dressed in white robes embroidered on the back was the symbol of the hand, his head, and his hairs were white like wool. He took one glance Ye Yuyan and carefully said: "Don't let his appearance deceive you, he is as vicious as they come!"

Next, to the young man, a black light turned into a large and imposing man, he stood at almost three meters with a broad back and massive shoulders. As the last light manifested, the dark-haired woman at the front took a step forward inspiring immortal Qi with her every step.

"Fate, luck, or destiny so this is what you mean..." Ye Yuyan coldly chuckled as he met the woman's gaze and saw a white lotus sway in her eyes. This was none other than Song Yue, the new bearer of the white lotus!

The image of a young woman with long white hair and blue eyes overlapped with Song Yue as the past and present fused as one before Ye Yuyan. Venerable Phoenix's golden eyes flashed with a pink flame, this was the first of the six Heavenly Fires, the Delightful Flames!

"Let the Phoenix trials begin!" Venerable Phoenix bellow releasing pink flames onto Ye Yuyan's body and wrapping him in the flames of desire!

4