V.2-Ch.31: Heavenly Dao of the Sword
338 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Yuyan sported a bright smile while talking to Nesilia, his graceful and calm demeanor left an indelible mark in Song Yue's mind.

"Follow me." He said with a smirk as he stepped forward. Nesilia scrambled to follow him as his strides brought him up to the jade steps.

A horrid bloody aura emanated for the temple and streamed down the steps. Nesilia felt her body tremble unwittingly as the bloody aura passed her.

"Can you feel it?" Ye Yuyan asked as he scanned her body.

"Feel what? You staring at my body?" Nesilia grunted out as her body kept trembling.

"Hahaha, no not that." Ye Yuyan joked as his sonorous voice entered into her ears. Ye Yuyan's eyes grew cold as the liveliness faded from them, all that remained were the cold passionless eyes of a demon.

"That deep-seated primordial fear that seizes your body." He said in an enchanting whisper that left Nesilia trembling even more. Her body was suddenly seized with spasms as her eyes lost their luster ever so slowly.

"Wh...wh...why can't I stop....shaking?!?" She struggled to stutter out amidst her constant shaking. Her teeth chattered incessantly as if it were freezing outside.

She looked to Ye Yuyan, who stood completely unfazed. His eyes remained calm and cold like always with a hint of excitement passing through them.

From Ye Yuyan's body burst out blood qi that circled around him and Nesilia. Suddenly the bloody aura from the temple dissipated. Nesilia's body stopped shaking but she still felt the remnants of the primordial fear as her face had gone pale and bloodless.

"Why are you not afraid?" Nesilia said in a weak voice as she tried to remove the fear left in her heart.

"I'll show you!" Ye Yuyan said as he stepped onto the first step. The jade steps trembled and a crimson qi shot out, in it were the writhing faces of various humans. They looked to be in great pain as the shot into the skies.

The Red Lotus on Ye Yuyan's glabella glimmered with a blue light and suddenly the blue and crimson lotus leaves overlapped. With the superimposed powers, Ye Yuyan's aura instantly soared reaching the Peak of Rank 3 using his second revolution powers.

The blood qi around Ye Yuyan shot through them dispelling the qi and absorbing the remnant energies getting stronger.

Ye Yuyan stepped on the next step repeating the process, suddenly he sped up and walked up three stairs consecutively. Multiples bursts of blood qi shot out attacking Ye Yuyan, each blood qi was filled with writhing souls that howled in pain.

"Scram!" He roared as the blood qi around him slashed out like a sharp sword. The domineering aura cut apart the blood qi instantly leaving no trace.

Ye Yuyan stepped on the 10th step suddenly activating all the blood qi in the previous steps. All the dissipated blood qi gathered together transforming into a small stream.

"That stream..." Nesilia muttered as she stared at the forming stream. It came down from the top of the stairs hurdling towards Ye Yuyan.

"Red River!" Ye Yuyan roared stirring the red lotus, a crimson light shot out from it forming a sea of blood that threatened to devour the entire temple.

The blood sea engulfed the stream completely devouring, within the stream of weapons appeared hundreds of souls each writhing in pain.

"He...he devoured it!" Nesilia said fearfully, just the stream was enough to threaten her life yet he easily ate it.

After the 10th step, the blood qi stopped sprouting as if it had become completely subservient to Ye Yuyan. Ye Yuyan looked at Nesilia from the 10th step and shouted: "You can come up now."

Nesilia looked at the 1st step hesitantly, but ultimately she stepped on it. She soon realized that no blood qi was bursting through. She felt confidence build up inside of her as she took another step then another.

Ye Yuyan proceeded to walk forward as if skipping, no blood qi emerged from his nonchalant steps. Nesilia though probed slowly as she took careful and controlled steps.

But by the time she had reached the 20th step, Ye Yuyan was sitting at the top of the stairs with a childish expression on his face.

'How is he always so calm?' She couldn't help but wonder as she took another step. Seeing Ye Yuyan at the top made her more reckless as she followed his footsteps to the top.

"Be faster~" Ye Yuyan teased with a cute expression.

Nesilia felt a shiver travel down her spine while she looked at Ye Yuyan. She took bigger steps in an less than a minute she was at the top with Ye Yuyan.

In front of them was the red door embroidered with a coiling dragon on each side. Two statues stood to the side of the door.

To the left was a black demon with 9 red lines and a serpent coiled around it and to the left was a golden crow with a lightning bolt in one eye and a golden flame in the other. The two statues stood the side radiating the majesty of supreme laws.

"What are these?" Nesilia asked as she probed the statues and felt a sudden jolt in her body.

"Don't do that. Your psyche will be destroyed." Ye Yuyan warned sternly as he approached the door. Nesilia felt her heart lurch as she watched Ye Yuyan approach the door. The two statues' eyes seemed to follow him as he approached the door and lightly tapped it.

His tap caused ripples to the door like a stone skipping over a lake. The ripples intensified as the gate started to open. From the temple came an unspeakably horrid aura burst out wrapping the entire temple.

The aura burst through the barrier shooting into the sky, even the nothingness of the extreme void warped under the pressure of the blood aura. The sky turned an even darker crimson, in turn, making the people of the world fearful.

Back in the temple, the blood auras gathered together. From inside the temple open two vertical slits as an oppressive aura forced Nesilia to fall to the ground. Her body became paralyzed by the sheer fear but Ye Yuyan stood stalwart before the horrifying gaze.

A bloody wind shot out from the temple like the roar of a beast. Ye Yuyan robe sleeves swished back with the wind but Ye Yuyan stood unfazed. He looked over Nesilia who was unable to move before the beast and felt reminiscence hit him.

Back then he was atop a mountain when in the sky appeared a man in black robes with a serpent coiled around him and on the other side was a little boy in violet robes he had a transcendent demeanor that remained unstained.

The two had a cultivation that far surpassed anything Ye Yuyan had ever seen, each clash of power rendered cracks in the sky and dispelled every cloud in a 100-mile radius. If any of there attacks hit the ground, they could destroy whole kingdoms.

Their auras blasted out suppressing the entire world, even the air was forced to be subservient. Ye Yuyan's body was slammed down onto the ground unable to move.

He couldn't even look up to the people fighting above him. He was an ant forced to kneel before true power, this was the way of the world and the Law of Kings.

"You asked why I wasn't afraid." Ye Yuyan said as he sported a smirk.

"Well for one I'll tell that I'm human. I'm actually rather human, I lived and loved, feared and cried, failed and fought." He said as the smirk grew into a bright smile.

The red lotus on his forehead superimposed with the third lotus leaf. His aura skyrocketed as it burst through reaching half step rank 4. His left eye bled black blood as it became completely black except for the white pupil.

"You see, man is a creature of desires and I have subjected all my desires including fear into one single path." Ye Yuyan said as the red lotus seemed to shake with frightening nomological powers.

"A path I hold myself to. The path of power!" Ye Yuyan intoned as his eyes gleamed with the might of the heavenly dao.

The red river stirred as a golden sword force shot out intertwined with the blood aura. Nesilia's body felt lightened at the moment and she tilted her head up.

She then saw a red and gold sword shoot out from the red river stabbing through the blood winds and predator's eyes.

The sword dispelled all the blood powers instantly yet even after that the sword force lingered as it is was immortal. A terrifying prospect formed in her mind at that moment.

"You...comprehended sword intent?!?" She questioned as her fear of Ye Yuyan grew at that moment. Ye Yuyan shook his head and chuckled.

"No sadly, I've only comprehended about half." He said self depreciatingly but in reality, the sword dao he was mastering was a peak dao.

He had comprehended his principles from the heartsword code and absorbed weapon truths from the heavenly dao. His sword intent could be said to be the Heavenly Dao of the Sword.

5