V.2-Ch.35: Vermillion Flames
320 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nesilia's holy aura shot into the skies like a beacon slashing through the remnant sword auras. The divine mists gathered together around her aura.

She raised her right hand and shot out as her Chaste Divine Body released its holy splendor. The divine mists gathered together forming a palm that covered the skies.

"Die!" She roared from the top her lungs, the palm descended tumbled from the highest layer of the atmosphere destroying everything in its path. The crushing weight of a mountain fell on top of the valley, the air rippled from the sheer gravity and friction.

Even the immolation flames went out, as the palm passed through generating a tempest. The intense fluctuations of the holy aura burst through the heavens as it slammed down towards the Cardinals.

Emily's eyes narrowed and suddenly a golden aura burst from her body, behind her appeared a silhouette of a woman in a golden dress.

"Cardinal Black, release your power. Su Yan help me!" She commanded as powerful golden sword forces gathered on her body. She released her aura blew her propelling her into the sky shooting through the air like a meteor.

"Yes, your highness!" Su Yan responded with vigor as his a yellow-robed young man emerged from behind him.

This was an aspect but it was not able to fully leave his body, as the lower body remained fused in Su Yan's back.

Su Yan unsheathed the sword by his waist and injected his sword forces into it causing it to shine in yellow light. Su Yan and Emily stood side by side as they gathered their sword forces in unison.

Emily was first to move as her eyes flashed with a golden light as a powerful sword intent burst through to the heavens, she fused the power with her right arm as she punched out.

"Golden Firmament Fist!" She roared as a golden fist shot towards the palm.

Su Yan joined in releasing his own yellow sword intent, this intent was weaker but not by much. With his sword intent surging the light on his sword grew as it burst into the skies, Su Yan held the great sword of light slashing down while yelling: "Sun's Fury!"

Cardinal Black was the last to move, his bulky body took the front of the formation switching places with Cardinal Red. Green, Red, and Blue sword forces gathered from the formation into his body.

His body became saturated in thick sword forces as they blended together turning black. The powerful sword force caused the air to tremble and dissipate into nothingness.

Suddenly Cardinal Black jumped into the skies, stepping on the air as he ascended to the incoming palm. The rest of the Cardinals followed suit as they kept the formation connected behind Cardinal Black.

"Fourth Sword: Into the void!" The black sword force slashed the heavens, cutting into the void.

The three attacks stirred heavenly powers, as the palm descended onto the valley. The attacks collided and suddenly everything stopped as the powers exploded out.

"Break for me!" Nesilia yelled as the palm suddenly grew even stronger, the weight of crushing mountains bore down on the sword beams crushing them instantly.

"Move back!" Emily yelled at the top of her lungs when suddenly she felt her sword intent shatter.

"Argh!" She grunted as she spat up blood, Su Yan was next as his sword intent shattered as well. He flew back a few meters before stabilizing himself.

The starry sky ruptured as it transformed into the extreme void, absent of all life and being. Cardinal Black's face turned ashen as his sword beam was consumed by the void. The sheer power of their attack forced open the fabric of the world.

Nesilia's palm bore down on the valley causing it to depress a few inches, the palm's energy decreased as it grew closer to the ground. Suddenly it slammed onto the ground causing the valley to rumble.

"Arrrg!" The four cardinals grunted as their formation was broken open and their bodies were thrown like ragdolls into the valley walls.

Ash and debris flew into the sky leaving trails of soot everywhere. the dust obscured the entire valley entrance. On the ground was a strange depression in the shape of a palm.

Nesilia fell to her knees as she took deep breathes until she nearly choked on air. Her divine aura started to dissipate as the white aura receded back into her body.

The moonlight shone on her body revealing a pale and bloodless face. As the soot started to settle, Nesilia noticed that in the air was a strange yellow distortion.

The distortion faded away revealing Su Yan and Emily, who had over their bodies a thin barrier and behind them were their aspects. Nesilia coughed out soot and ash as she dusted off her body and stood up.

"I see, you both fused with your aspects to protect yourselves..." Nesilia said as she closed her eyes in defeat.

Cultivators cultivate in truth and truth takes the form of a totem. But truth is not the end of one's journey so truth and totems must evolve.

So the next step is to fuse one's will with their totem and truths to comprehend heaven and earth. From this comprehension, comes the laws of heaven and earth that rank 4 experts and above command.

When a rank 4 expert fuses with their aspect, they can transcend physical attacks and become extremely resistant to all forms of magic. The gap between rank 3 and rank 4 is a chasm that is almost impossible to bridge!

"Song Yue, We'll give you one more chance to surrender. We only want to destroy that tombstone and nothing more." Su Yan as he stared down on Nesilia's defeated form.

"That won't be happening." A voice echoed out from the void in the sky. Emily's gaze flitted towards the void, she looked to see a red lotus emerge. It revolved slowly as it lowered towards Nesilia in seconds before they could react, a red barrier formed around Nesilia's body.

"Demon Ye! I dare you to appear in your true form." Emily yelled with bared teeth, she looked like a wild animal ready to bite.

"Heh, so you know my name? What good will it do you?" Ye Yuyan's will chuckled as Nesilia sat atop the red lotus in lotus form. She closed her eyes and quietly meditated as if nothing were happening in the outside world.

"Brother Su Yan, I see that you've finally revealed your colors." Ye Yuyan's will joked as Su Yan's eyes filled with disdain.

Su Yan lifted his chin and coldly intoned: "I have no relation to a demon such as yourself."

"I see..." Ye Yuyan's will said slowly as the red lotus spun at Nesilia's feet.

The red lotus below Nesilia started to levitate as it ascended to the sky. But Emily and Su Yan didn't stand idly, they both released their aspects as they gathered sword forces to attack once again.

"Well then brother, you can burn in hell!" Ye Yuyan's will laughed as the engraving on the tombstone started to shine as the scarlet flames grew ascending towards the heavens.

The flames danced in the skies as they engulfed in the valley in seconds. Emily's eyes narrowed as she saw the flames approach her cardinals.

"NOOO!!!" She roared as she released a desperate volley of golden fists gathering all the forces around her in a manic plea to save them from the flames. She conjured a golden barrier on her body and flew straight down into the flames.

Ye Yuyan's distorted cackles echoed throughout the valley entering into Emily and Su Yan's ears like a taunt.

"As for that tombstone, well I planned to destroy myself anyway." Ye Yuyan said as the red lotus flew faster as it broke through the flames heading over the valley towards the sky. Su Yan hesitated for a moment as he stared at Nesilia's form which grew further and further.

He looked down to see Emily desperately fighting away the flames as she grabbed Cardinal Green and conjured a barrier around the little boy. Su Yan gritted his teeth as he conjured his own barrier and flew into the flames to save the other cardinals.

Suddenly the sky parted revealing a world of lightning, the red lotus punctured a hole in the barrier of lightning and Nesilia disappeared into it. The lightning barrier seethed with electrical fluctuations as the rift was sealed up in moments.

Su Yan and Emily each grabbed two of the cardinals and hid inside their barriers. The flames danced igniting the entire valley in a macabre hue, the massive tombstone at the center started to show cracks as it crumbled under the vermilion flames.

"Damn it, we need to leave!" Emily growled as the flames slammed against her barrier.

Su Yan and Emily's conjured barriers started to show cracks, both their sword auras started to decrease. They quickly dashed towards the ends of the valley, both their forms shot through the flames as they held onto the Cardinals.

3