Start of V.3-Ch.47: The Demon of Legend
259 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emily, Su Yan, and Ghost Hands stood conversing in the Imperial Palace of the New Su Fief. The moment Ghost Hands mentioned the 'legend' Emily moved hastily conjuring a magnetic force field.

The undulations of her force field stirred the sword forces in the air, tightly packing them together, insulating from sound and perception.

"That story... but it should be nothing more than a myth." Su Yan said with narrow and skeptical eyes.

Before Ghost Hands could respond, Emily interrupted saying to Ghost Hands: "Senior, I think we should take this to the study."

Ghost Hands nodded as Emily motioned them to follow her, she walked into the palace opening the sliding doors and navigating past the various embellishments. This palace was something she had constructed while she updated the Su Fiefdom.

Within the Verulyim Kingdom, The king would grant control of land to experts and their clans would be overlords of that area. The Su Clan which are the villagers were relatively low key compared to other clans, preferring to live as mortals.

Emily guided them to her study, opening the sliding doors and going towards her low table. She crouched down and sat in lotus form. Su Yan and Ghost Hands joined in sitting shortly across from her on opposites sides of the table.

Emily's force field remained active as the magnetic powers held together the golden sword forces all around the imperial palace.

"Senior, you may continue now." Emily said as she leaned forward giving Ghost Hands her full attention.

"Yes, your majesty." Ghost Hands replied

He coughed lightly before turning his head to address Su Yan, his eyes shined with a probing light as he spoke saying: "Su Yan, you are familiar with the Legend, No?"

"I only know superficial details from my journey to the east." Su Yan stroked the back of his neck as he spoke lightly and humbly.

"Well, why don't you tell it then?" Ghost Hands said with a sly smirk as if instructing a problematic child.

"I'll try my best." Su Yan nervously laughed with a wry smile.

"Legend has it in the east, that there was a village boy who provoked the ire of an ancient demon." Su Yan said to Emily as she followed his words intently.

"This demon was incorporeal and unlike most demons could not manifest into reality." Su Yan continued to say probing Emily's expression.

Her eyes flashed with realization, she grabbed a sheet of paper from the table scanning it for a moment.

"Unless certain conditions were met." Emily blurted out before Su Yan could continue, he nodded his head agreeing with her and continued to say.

"The conditions are, the demon must share blood with a mortal, the demon must have a personal bond with the mortal, and it must betray him into the deepest despair." Su Yan expression turned slightly dark as he spoke of betrayal.

"When those conditions are met, it can absorb the negative energy from the mortal and manifest into reality." Su Yan finished saying and sat in silence as Emily contemplated various things.

"What a twisted plan." Emily couldn't help but say as she adjusted her lotus sitting form.

"But this twisted tale doesn't end there." Ghost Hands as he stroked his graying goatee.

**********************

At the bottom of a massive mountain was a small village hidden behind a sea of trees. This village was a silent village, secluded from the world and rarely contacting the outside world.

The villagers lived in harmony with one another, children would frolic in the forests. Playing childish games and enjoying the peace of their home.

At that moment, an old couple was walking along a stone path in the village. On both sides, there were various houses built from wood and modest masonry.

To the left, was a bald man standing outside at a forge; he slammed down a hammer onto a hot piece of steel giving it shape and definition.

When he saw the old couple, he smiled earnestly and dipped the hot iron into the water basin behind him.

"Qin Shui and Lady Qin, what brings you out of your cottage?" He said amicably as he approached the gray-haired couple.

"We've been cooped up too long, we wanted some free air." Qin Shui said with a docile and mild-mannered smile.

"Ah, well tell your son to visit sometime." The blacksmith said as he cupped his fist to Qin Shui and left back to his forge.

Qin Shui kept his eyes closed the entire time, with a soft smile plastered on his face. Until the blacksmith left, and his eyes flashed open.

There was a milky white layer over his irises and his eyes didn't respond to the light of the sun. His wife, Lady Qin locked arms with him and they kept walking forward together.

"You saw it too?" Qin Shui whispered in a solemn voice, his originally bright affect turned thoughtful as he stroked his greying beard.

Lady Qin rapidly blinked her eyes turning her pupils gold, her vision transformed as golden lotuses and noble energies appeared in her gaze. She looked towards the blacksmith's home, noticing lingering dark energy that slithered around the house.

She looked all around the village, noticing ominous dark energies lingering on every house. Even the ground was becoming stained by the darkness.

She then looked up to the sky to see that ominous dark clouds of energy were hanging up in the sky. These clouds were not formed from natural causes but rather from intense negative energies.

"This darkness, it was as the Buddha prophesied. Then this is..." Lady Qin said solemnly as she deactivated her golden gaze. Her eyes turned back to black as she turned to her husband.

"This is our end but our son lives on, even if he wasn't truly our own. The light in him will prevail over the dark." Qin Shui whispered quietly to his wife's ear, it looked as though he was whispering sweet nothings. But that was enough for her as her eyes softened and she stopped clenching her jaw.

The old man couple embraced softly with locked arms and their love for one another mixed and bonded them forever as they walked along the stone path. In the sky, the dark clouds rippled growing larger every second.

The intense negative energies became a dark mist filling the sky with darkness. When suddenly two scorching red suns ripped open the darkness.

These red suns burned intensely filling the village with evil energy. Inside the red suns appeared a dark vertical slit and suddenly the suns opened and closed like an eye blinking!

***********************

In a distant and unknown place, a sea of darkness roiled in a sealed area. Inside the dark sea, emaciated figures roamed across the waves.

These ethereal and skeletal bodies struggled against the sea's currents. Each time the water washed over a part of their body dissipated leaving them in unimaginable pain.

"Aggghhhh!" Hundreds of figures writhed and screamed in pain as the sea consumed their being.

The horizon of this accursed place was dark as it filled with black clouds of unspeakably evil energy. A red light flickered in the middle of this horrid sea, as a set of figures manifested.

A group of disciples dressed in blood red attire appeared, with four figures at the forefront. The first was a woman in a black gown, the second was a white-haired figure in moonlight robes, and the third was a wizened man in red robes.

The last of the figures was in front of the red, he took the longest to appear as a matrix of red circles overlapped revealing his presence. He was dressed in tattered black robes and held in his hands a bamboo umbrella.

On his forehead was an ethereal four-colored lotus and lingering around his body were various colors and auras. His dark eyes shined with heavenly wisdom as he gazed upon the black sea. This was Ye Yuyan!

The moment they appeared a black Qi rose up from the black sea threatening to engulf them. Ye Yuyan acted quickly releasing a powerful golden sword intent surrounding the group.

The black Qi smashed against the golden barrier attempting to corrode it into nothingness but the golden barrier stood strong!

"Go to the Blood Sect, I will be there shortly." Ye Yuyan intoned to his followers behind him. His left eye bled black blood turning black. His gaze ripped open the fabric of space, opening a portal to a bustling sect.

"What about you?" Nesilia asked as the blood sect members entered the portal one by one. Maven turned to Ye Yuyan, also awaiting his answer.

"I have matters to take care of, just follow Alister's commands." He instructed motioning them to enter the portal. Nesilia and Maven went towards the portal looking back once before entering.

Once the last person left, Ye Yuyan shrunk the golden barrier down until it was thin enough to wrap his body. He turned his body instantly diving into the black sea and shooting through at thousands of meters per second.

The black sea grew violent with his intrusion as the various skeletal figures attacked with no haste. The figures burst at him wrapping around him, but Ye Yuyan remained calm still diving at the same speed.

A black skeletal claw slashed at his golden barrier, Ye Yuyan looked towards the figure causing the golden barrier to conjure a sharp sword beam. A golden sword beam shot from his barrier like an indomitable sword.

The beam dissected the black skeleton ripping it apart, Ye Yuyan's gaze turned to each of the approaching skeletal figures releasing more sword beams.

In the hundreds of meters around Ye Yuyan, thousands of golden sword beams burst out dissecting the figures one by one.

With a single look, a swordsman who has achieved true sword intent could slice apart anything. This was the state, Ye Yuyan achieved by reaching rank 4!

Ye Yuyan continued diving, slashing anything in his way. As he proceeded the weight of the black sea rose adding more pressure to his golden barrier. The darkness grew deeper, and the monsters grew stronger but none deterred him.

His speed continued to rise and in a short amount of time, Ye Yuyan was at the bottom of the black sea. He floated amidst the pure darkness, even his golden barrier corroded in this darkness. But Ye Yuyan remained unfazed, even willingly diffusing his barrier.

The black Qi seethed with excitement as it quickly engulfed Ye Yuyan's body. But instead of corroding him, it merely wrapped around him almost as if welcoming him!

"The Lord of Darkness, Devour of all things, awaken from your slumber. Primal Emanation of Pride, Lucifer." Ye Yuyan muttered releasing something from the depths of the black sea.

A red light burst out from the depths of the sea turning into two scorching red suns ripping open the darkness.

A dark slit shined from the center the scorching red suns, each eye was thousands of times bigger than Ye Yuyan's form. The red eyes covered the sea as the blinked gazing toward Ye Yuyan. This was the demon of the legend!

3