• Chapter #55: [ANNIHILATION]
1.7k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The nuclear explosion let out a rupturing shockwave, as the world before everyone literally turned white. But as fast as it came, the surrounding land immediately became one of deafening silence. Quietly, the mountain that was there before vanished, now replaced by the quickly growing cloud of flames and death. The formerly frozen wasteland, was now a blazing inferno, with no life nor signs that it was once an icy paradise. There was nothing, only death and annihilation.

The spectators were speechless, frozen in both awe and horror. Usually, when teams of substantially weaker power goes against those of greater ones, people expect to see them at least fight with everything they have. But today… There were no glorious battle. Hell, the enemy wasn’t even able to apply their tactics before they were wiped out in an instant.

“That was…”, One of the Announcers weren’t even able to complete his statement, still stunned by the power that the summon showed in one singular spell.

“That’s ridiculous… I’ve seen Tales Summons, but not one with that amount of destructive power…”

“It looked like he didn’t even made effort too… Could it be… Is it capable of wiping out entire countries…?”

“A Summon that can give it’s Contractor magical items, and on top of that, it also possesses an unfathomable destructive power… Just where the hell did they get this Summon from…?”

Several of the audiences shook themselves out of their stunned state, before voicing out their thoughts. They were still greatly unnerved by the summon that annihilated an entire island in one strike, with seemingly effortless action. Still, they were comforted by the small fact that it wasn’t a permanent contract, so they could at least reassure themselves that someone doesn’t just possess the power to erase civilizations.

•—•—•—•

Gypsy smirked within the barrier, watching everything disintegrate. To him, it was a great opportunity for diversion. Though it might appear as flaunting one’s power, it served a very good purpose in hiding their trump cards power. By displaying this amount of power, other teams would consider him as a Mage – Type summon.

Gypsy’s smirk further widened when he imagined the prospect of shock to the Class S and A if they find out that their summon is actually a Combat – Type. On top of that, this also made sure that the morale of other teams would heavily weaken.

While Gypsy is still lost in his thoughts, Allen and the others could still only stare in indescribable awe. This power truly represents death and destruction. Allen then thought back of what Gyspy had said…

“Your Summon is a Fighter – Type. However, it also displays great prowess over magic and could provide it’s Contractor with support through magical items. What if we show that the Summon’s a Mage – Type, but also possesses supportive capabilities. This would be our greatest advantage, especially against the higher classes. If Class S and A takes the bait, then we would turn the tides and overwhelm them with his power.”

As Allen thought about it, he shuddered. If this was the power he possessed by pretending as a Mage – Type, he couldn’t imagine on how vicious he would be once he fights using weapons. Allen could only pray that he would be more merciful when that time comes.

•—•—•—•

The radiation outside still burned continuously, while the skies thundered due to the heat. Within the barrier, Kaide merely crossed his arms and frowned. He might’ve done it a bit too much…

[Nuke them baby!]

[Why are we bullying the enemy? They look like highschool students…]

[Thou hast been consumed by power?]

[You folks are into this don’t you?]

[The fact that you’re German and I’m Japanese, but we can understand each other is just amazing…]

[Well apparently, this thing’s got an auto translator.]

[Wait… How do you know that I’m from Germany?!!]

[Heh… *Smirk*]

[It feels like watching a cheater in a game.]

[Exactly~]

[This is like watching those anime with an overpowered protagonist…]

[I dream of an Isekai!]

[You build a harem~]

[Gain powers~]

[Then destroy everything~]

[… You’re crazy…]

The chat became livelier than before, because of me being in constant Livestream. Still, the fact that my edginess is showing is somewhat gnawing at my dignity…

Well, the fight ended quite quickly… Uhh, is it even a fight though? Anyway, the Announcer immediately called out end of the battle after they got out of their reveries.

After that, I began wandering around. Looks like we were the 1ST Station to finish, as the others were still fighting. Class D’s currently celebrating, while I decided to look at Class C and M for a bit.

Oh boy, they were not looking good…

“Oh Gods! I’m going to die!”

“Help!!!!!”

“I don’t want to do this anymore!”

“Calm down everyone! We’re all alive!”

“I died… And I didn’t even knew it…”

“An unpainful death…?”

“I only saw the abyss…”

Well, it’s to be expected. They were all instantly vaporized because the nuke was literally just meters above them. Still, even though they died instantly, it was enough to give them mental trauma.

I flipped the camera angle from the celebrating Class D, onto the Class C and M. Ofcourse, the difference between the groups were severely obvious.

[Oh wow. Now I feel kinda bad, they’re having a PTSD…]

[Poor kids…]

[Yeah, it’s a bit of an overkill for me…]

[Surprisingly, it’s a good idea to just destroy everything. I mean, the harsh region and it’s terrain would give a lengthy and exhausting battle if he didn’t do that. Also, it guaranteed a win for their team, so yeah...]

[Uhmm…. We are on a streaming platform right?]

[Let me check if my Commander's sleeping in his quarters…]

[Yep, he sure does.]

[it seems that they got NUKED OUT of the competition.]

[Stop it guys, don’t make fun of the gamma kids.]

[Gamma what? Hahaha]

The chat had varied reactions. From pity, logical, unsureness, and dark humor. You know, the typical internet stuff.

“And here we go! The 1st Winners! The dark horses! The Class D!”, The announcer yelled out, as the Class D walked into the center arena. The cheers were quite loud and palpable, yet I could also see many of them look at me with awe and fear.

But I’m pretty sure they’re now convinced that I’m a Mage – Type. After all, what else could do those scale of magic.

*Sigh*

Mana really gets consumed real fast in this world. Well, whatever, I could just by mana potions anyway. I looked at Class D, it seemed that Gypsy’s discussing something to them while waiting for the other teams.

Well, let’s just find out later on…

•—•—•—•

Meanwhile…

The Ainzeb Academy Magicians. They observed the battles from far away, clad in their enchanted white and golden robes, alongside a golden rose symbol in their left chests. Though they watched the preliminaries at first, they quickly moved and proceeded to act on their plan, especially since Yustas Academy is still distracted.

Fitting to the greatest Magic Academy, they did not trigger the wards in place, nor they left any traces of their presences.

One of them stops, looking at one of the paintings in the hall.

“Let’s go…”, The man simply said, before entering the painting, as if it was a portal to another dimension. The others followed him, seemingly making him the leader.

[Phantasmagoria]

An illusion skill that allowed one to conjure dimensions on things, or to make imaginary dimensions. However, it’s only limited to it’s user and those allowed by them. It can never reach, nor be reached by others.

One by one, the Ainzeb Mages walked inside till none of the were left.

Silence again takes over.

However, as quick as the silence came, it was easily broken when a man camouflaging invisibility revealed himself. Immediately, other men also broke out of their invisible states, with most of them leaning on the wall.

They had something in common…

Black robes.

However, these weren’t ordinary robes. Unlike other, they were ragged, and designed as if they were dragon scale cloaks. Also, two, purple eastern dragons shaped like the infinity and biting each other’s tails resided on their backs. The dragons also rested in a clock which had several hands, each pointing in different directions.

These were the Black Zodiac.

However, they weren’t ordinary members. They were Zen’s personal guards.

Which means that the Black Dragon of Cycle, Chen Zen, is here.

“Zen ordered us to wipe those things out, let’s move.”, The leader said regrettably. He was still left confused on why Zen ordered the destruction of the stones, as they would be a great help in defeating enemies.

However, he still knew better than to question him.

“A Hopper…” He mumbled, as he looked at the direction where Kaide were. Shaking his head, he proceeded to their current task.

“Alright, cover the whole place.”, He ordered. A few of their gathered information pointed out an organization that was benefiting the black stones, and they will also end them today

“Noble’s Oblige. What an obsolete thing those fools believe in…”, He sneers in disgust, before making his way into the painting…

[•END•]

Revised by BaNaeNae

Enjoy...

I added a new story on an app, it was also a good one if you like mystery and thriller, I needed your support to add reviews and subscribe, it was free. here is the link down below
Mobile users: Download Goodnovel and search 'September Ends' and leave a review and subscribe(Free)
PC:  GO to this link and support my new book UwU

https://www.goodnovel.com/fi/book_info/31000098489/mysterythriller/september-ends

50