5. Because reasons.
1.7k 9 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “And well, you sure made quite a mess. I was expecting some cohesive party to form but you’re the only one left.”

“Haa…”

 “And look at who you are – a white fox! I haven’t seen barbarians like you for hundreds of years! Never thought someone will ever pick up this race.”

“Why so?”

 “Well, you know. The description clearly said that this race has no intellect, was extinguished a long time ago and can't use any kind of magic. Who will throw out a chance to use magic after coming into a different world?”

Me.

But well, so this is how it is.

Description.

Of course, how could I not think of it?

 “Doncha think dat itll be hard to read tha damn description if u dont know da language?”

“Huh?” she made a stupefied voice.

“I said U CANT READ THA DESCRIPTION IF U DONT KNOW A GODDAMN LANGUAGE FFS.”

“Wait, it is a world language that was brought here by summoned heroes. It was established as one in a time world was created! Didn’t you die in your world? You’re from Earth, right?”

“Yup.”

“And you don’t know Japanese?”

“Yup.”

“You really are a barbarian the same way as your race.”

“Oi!" I retorted "Even if I lived in different country doesnt mean ama barbarian!”

“Huh?”

“Again?”

“Wait wait. As we know – all reincarnators are Japanese.”

“Dan not for now.”

.

.

.

Its again silence in the arena.

I love silence. Allows you to chill and think.

But we should have a dialog here so I need to use it. At least to know why the hell I am here.

 “So…lemmie ask. Why was I reincarnated in dis world?”

 “A? Well, I don’t know.”

“Wha?”

What does it mean «I don’t know»?

 “What? This dungeon was just created for a little boost for newcomers. Nobody summoned you neither resurrected. Just because our worlds are pretty close to each other this one sucks your souls naturally. Well, there weren’t people like you for the last few centuries.”

 “Werent, huh? So dere was some before?”

 “Well yes. After all, the culture here was brought by reincarnators and summoned heroes.”

This sure sounds like some kind of a fucked up world.

“Well, ok. Dan who r u?”

 “Me? I don’t have a name, but you can call me a System Goddess. Or just System. I am some kind of a system administrator for this world.”

 “Administrator u say. U sure goes away from fantasy borders away n away.”

 “The same as you crossing all allowed borders.” Added she mockery.

“Me?”

“Yes, you. You’re not from Japan but reincarnated here. You can’t access the system but have some good skills. You have zero intellect but can actually think. Didn’t you know that zero intellect basically kills all humanity in you while leaving only some basic animal instincts? But your reincarnation made you quiet an interesting existence. Congratulations.”

 “Thanx.”

“That…wasnot a compliment.”

“Still thanx. But yeah, u saida bout some skills. What da fuck is dat {Heart Devourer}? Race trait?”

“Nah, it’s your cheat.”

“Ha?”

 “Well, you know.” She answered wearily. “Every resurrector can have some cheat, didn’t u know? But because you don’t have and access to the system it was chosen randomly.”

Great. How many «random things» will break everything again? Loot sucks, race sucks, cheat sucks. What else will suck? Main quest?

*sigh*

 “Don’t be sad. You’re stronger than any average adventurer anyway so there will be no problems surviving.”

 “And dan?” Now I’m tired of this talk too. “What do u want from me?”

“Me?”

 “Well” uuugh… “U said u wanted to see some cohesive party. So u should have some reason for dat.”

 “Honestly – no. I just was interested why so many of you suddenly appeared and didn’t want to manage all these newcomers.”

“Wha….so what with that «not something worlds system balance can bear» bullshit?”

“Not bullshit! Technically I AM a worlds system so any extra work for me is an extra burden for the system. But well” she made a little pause “Looking at you I actually can give just one quest.”

“And whats dat?”

“Kill the Goddess.”

Ha? Goddess?

“U mean urself?”

“Nope, another one.”

 “Dere s alot?”

“Two of us.”

“And whats da difference?”

“You’ll see.”

*sigh* “And if I don’t wanna?”

 “Then don’t. Not like I can do anything with you for that and not like I need to. It is just something that will be good for the world at this point. I don’t think that anyone can actually manage this, but if you’ll do it – I’ll be glad.”

Well, that sure sounds easy. Go where you want, do what you want. If you'll meet some goddess on a way - would be nice to kill. Sounds like a fascinating adventure.

*sigh* “Well, I dont really wanna understand your godlike problems. But what did u meant by de system and why cant I access it?”

 “Mm… Have you seen some information windows right when you resurrected?”

I nodded.

 “So that is the system. If you’re really not some barbarian and know something, then in your world is was called umm… «ArrPeeGee» or something like that. Basically, it just helps intellectual races to manage their development and fight monsters and demons. I really don’t know why that summoned lot was insisting on creating some great evil just to fight, but they all were strange in one way or another. And even if for now the state of good and evil is pretty uncertain, the propose of the system is still the same. It helps to output skills, knowledge, and stats to a numerical value and also allows using magic. I myself was created so I could manage this system and cure bugs in it. The reason you have no access to the system is your skill [Magic Negation]. Because for living creatures system is managed by using their magic, you cant see or check anything system related for you because you have none. With this, you also cant choose or change anything that requires basic system usage. But on the other hand, you have absolute protection of anything both magic and system related from outside. Because all skills like [Appraisal] or [Presence Detection] are using the system as help and magic to use, it won’t apprise nor detect you in any way. But you also cant use any detection-like skills, so your 5 basic senses are the same as for average human being in your home world.”

That is…too much information. Stop…

“With that said system itself is Divine so some stat changes will still be recorded in your body, but even I could not see them. So with that, your starting skills will also work both passive and active ones.”

So what can I say? I came to a different world that completely from head to toe depending on some «system»…with no access to it. And my only way to actually access, that was a notepad, is destroyed by this crazy goddess. Nice. By the way, notepad...

“Okay, I get it. Can u also tell me bout Remi?”

 “Remi-chan? Oh yeah, this dungeon was her creation so u sure could see her name somewhere. Well, what can I say…”

“Wait, «her»? So Remi s a girl?”

"Well, yea. And a pretty cute one. But she also can be the most huge pain in your ass. Ass…..s..”

“S?”

“Well, seems like I gotta run. See ya!”

.

.

.

And again her voice vanished.

*sigh*

At least I know my problems right at the beginning. Not like I know what to do with them but welp. All I can do is to move somewhere forward and see what will happen.

 “But first I need to get da hell outta here.”

Yeah.

I’m still in the same arena near the pile of corpses. But I released that all the doors have also vanished with only one left in the center. Let's consider it being an exit.

Lit up a new cigarette and picking up all the loot I opened a door.

“Couldnt u made dis fucking stairs even bigger?”

Fuck.

54