6. The challenge of the first dungeon should clearly be something else.
1.6k 7 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Good fucking day.”

This time I actually have some ceiling at the end of this damned circular staircase to greet. Well, there should be a ceiling somewhere up, but all I see for now is just some darkness ahead. The door behind me is closed and I myself laying on the floor covered in dust and soot. At least my hair didn’t burn.

How did it come to this?

Well, it’s simple. I actually climbed these stairs already ones, found some passageway and used it. What waited for me here? A crowd of goblins. Probably goblins. It was some little green creatures with big ears and a lot of rusty knives and old clubs, so seems like goblins. I’ll call them goblins.

So.

A crowd of goblins. On a crowd of goblins. On a crowd of dead goblins. On a crowd of dead goblins’ bones. Well, a big lot of goblins. It seems like they were respawning here unlimitedly until there is literally no free space left except for a little bit of it just near the exit.

But they weren’t a problem. Or more precisely – not a core of a problem. All passage was filled with a familiar scent of gas. What gas do? Explodes. What crowd of goblins do when seeing an enemy? Rushes into it. What a running crowd does in a narrow passageway? Triggers all the traps.

Yes.

It was a fire trap.

And with the explosion I was thrown back right to the bottom, so now I’m laying here and looking at the ceiling.

I’m not even trying to think about how I survived. All events for the last few hours sure said clear enough that my current body doesn’t give a fuck about physical damage. Even on gas explosion level in a dungeon.

But what I’m trying to think is WHO DA HELL THOUGHT THAT IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO PUT A FIRE TRAP AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF A DUNGEON FULL OF GAS?

A little boost for newcomers? More like their local genocide paired with genocide of goblins!

And how the hell these goblins lived there? They don’t need some oxygen and can breathe with gas? Were they living there happily while eating themselves? If I remember their numbers they sure had no way outside.

“I dont wanna go up dere again.”

But I need.

*sigh*

After getting up I started to climb these stairs again while chomping some dried ration.

.

.

.

“At least now dere s nothing here.”

All that was waiting for me upstairs was some black walls and no goblins. And I guess no traps. And no loot if there was any. It’s sure quite a sturdy dungeon though.

My first dungeon challenge is a walk on some empty corridors.

 “But still dis labyrinth s some pain.”

Maybe there were some hints but for now, all walls are just burned to black.

I roamed.

An hour.

Two.

I found the exit.

It’s another staircase.

“Fuck dis.”

Don’t wanna.

I don’t wanna climb another fucking stupid idiotic circular to someone’s ass staircase!

Hey, System Goddess! Bring here your stupid girlfriend Remi and let me ask if she could do this dungeon EVEN DEEPER so the stairs here could be EVEN BIGGER. How many floors I should climb like that?

*sigh*

I sure sigh a lot for today.

But what can I do?

Only climb up again.

So with even less enthusiasm then first two times I started walking again.

.

.

.

 “Good fucking day.”

Can I meet something today that will not require me to say my local cliché phrases all ways around?

I see yet another passageway full of goblins!

On the next floor!

Diversity?

Forget about it!

This dungeon suck!

And gas?

Smell…oh yeah. I need to start breathing again.

Well, so it comes that I wasn’t breathing at all while walking on the previous floor. Not like there was something to breathe with anyway. At least I glad that this body of mine allows me to hold breath for a few hours. Otherwise, I should’ve returned to that stupid arena and wait for some random miracle to happen.

So.

I don’t smell any gas!

But I smell goblins so let’s stop breathing again oh god I’m tired let me out….

“Fuuuuuck.”

Looks like I was seen again. This time there was no traps so they easily approached me.

Still why there is this little space near the exit that they don’t use? I’m sure they could use some extra space but welp. Not like anyone gonna answer me this.

 “Stop flickin under my eyes dammit.”

I caught one and smashed his head on the nearest wall.

Yup. These guys are so weak so I’m honestly ignoring them.

But they distract! They don’t give me a way, running near my legs and poking me with their poky sticks.

I mean rusty knives and clubs.

But I don’t think any language will be so generous to call these «weapons», so poky sticks.

“Fuck off!”

I threw away another one.

At this rate, I’m gonna lose my patience so let's start walking.

This time it’s just a straight corridor with no extra passageways so I should finish fast.

I walked while crushing goblins with my geta.

I walked while throwing goblins around.

I walked while tearing goblins into pieces.

The more brutal I killed each one the more I calmed down.

That [Bloodbath] skill sure works well.

 “And here comes da exiiit!”

I found a door and opened it with a hope that I could finally get out of here.

I got out.

From the corridor.

Now I’m at ARENA full of goblins.

“Well, why dont u JUST DIE ALREADY?”

Fuck.

Fucking fackily fuckeng fuck.

Fuck.

 

 

Fuck.

 

Mm?

Looks like there is some kind of a leader here. He’s pointing on me while shouting something on his goblin language while obviously not going to do anything else. I’ll just go to him.

While I’m at it I’ll kill a few more goblins. A few more dozens of goblins. A few more hundreds of goblins.

HOW MANY OF YOU HERE GODDAMMIT?

Finally, I came right to the leader. Well, I just reached out to his neck and clenched my fist. His neck snapped and head just dropped on the floor. At the same time, all other goblins stopped and just vanished.

Was he summoning them? Goblin king or something? I don’t understand shit. Apparently, monsters in this world seem less understandable than races.

But oh god thank you for letting me stop seeing goblins existence around anymore. I still don’t really want to start breathing, but I feel that I need.

After looking around I found another door that started to make groaning sounds right when I approached it.

Yeah. Groaning sounds. Just like an old man who is trying to get up from his chair, but backache and fatigue doing their work more efficiently than some desire to get up.

I guess I can give this door a helping hand.

“Tei!”

And it just exploded to pieces after one punch.

But who cares!

I’m finally outside!

Fresh air!

New fantasy world!

Great weathe……well yeah, it’s a downpour.

.

.

.

This isekai suck.

53