9. This could be a start of examination arc. But it’s not.
1.4k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Khm. So, let’s think that I changed my mind. We’ll do the examination.”

Ooh. Looks like to be accepted for the exam you just need to create a local raining man. Well, thanx for that.

And so I was invited to a Guild Master's room for a talk. Gladly I was treated with some tea so my already ultra-dry throat finally got better.

For some reason, GM completely refused to accept the fact that I had no class and tried to ask me which one I actually have, so I said a random 'Fighter' to him. Well, he seems convinced so I don't really mind what they think my class is.

After that was a talk about the examination. It will be held tomorrow at the town's arena that wasn't used for a long time. Well, I would guess that if you decline all the examination requests.

For some reason, GM was pretty hospitable and allowed me to spend the night in the Guild. Apparently, he also lives here both with all guild workers. Well, I thought that a Guilds building was rather big so it wasn't really a surprise that it was also used as a dorm. But what seems strange is that most people working here are not residents of this town at all. GM said that the main Guild's brunch is picking up personnel for every guild and sending them to work over all other places. I really can't think of a reason for it, but whatever.

After that, all is left is wait for tomorrow. I was actually giving a meal and a room to sleep so I really appreciate that. It still feels strange to get that much hospitality, but anyway they will just meet my fist if bearing any ill intentions. For now, I can just finally rest.

 

*sigh*

I was smoking in my room while looking out of the window. This day was rather hard and rather strange. Mostly for my brain though.

Reincarnations, magic, game-like systems that don't work, cheats with super-powers, and other joys of life that looks so much like typical novels. But it's sure not that surprising if I consider the fact, that this system was somehow created by that summoned Japanese dudes. Like if I judge via typical novels then any random reincarnator indeed was reading stuff like this a lot and was already knowing where to go, what to do and who to save.

What about me? Don't really wanna. I'm too lazy for this. Even at the time I was still walking around the streets with my gang I kinda wanted to be at home and play some new game that my sis bought. But now I won't have even that. I have nothing here. What kind of survival game is this? I'm sure pretty lucky for now but later there sure should appear some shitty thing that won't give a fuck about my thousand STR and crazy defense. And this stupid outfit that I can't nor change nor take off for sleep or bath. Somehow I don't really need it, but on the other hand, my body can get tired of clothes, you know. It demands freedom sometimes.

So from one point, everything is cool while from another it clearly not.

But well, I guess I'd better sleep. Even if it's not that late - I'm tired. So after saying goodnight to myself, I went to bed. Never thought I'd gonna do some exams in this world, but if it'll help me skip some steps - why not.

.

.

.

"Winner - Yuki." (monotone)

Yeah, thanx, Clara. Your unenthusiastic voice sure brings the right atmosphere for this event.

 

But what can I say? It was way too easy! Instead of somehow testing my strength I was testing my skills in holding back while delivering the lightest kicks I can and aiming for shields. But well, if I hit head or body it would be just blood and guts all over the place. Not a good sight for a peaceful examination.

But it sure sounded interesting at first.
In order to complete the exam, I was needed to fight several battles.

  1. Fight one 'D'-ranked adventurer in order to get a 'D' rank.
  2. Fight a 'D'-ranked party in order to get a 'C' rank promotion chance.
  3. Fight one 'C'-ranked adventurer in order to get a 'C' rank.
  4. etc. until 'A' rank promotion chance appears.

So now after a few high-level quests, I could easily get an 'A' rank and be happy.

 

But let us return to the atmosphere in the arena. People around was just watching an ending scene with their mouths agape and 'da hell I just saw' faces. Well, I won't judge them. A sudden opening of the arena early in the morning, news that the first examination in a long time will have a place and stuff. It drove a rather big crowd of people. I guess this event overall was rather disappointing for them but my purpose was still fulfilled. People saw my power so I won't be underestimated just because.

 

After that, I got my reward for completion and another temporal token. Apparently, I could get a proper one today's evening.

That's why I went for some shopping. I could also do some sightseeing, but I'm not that much interested in medieval cities. The money I got was about 20000 silver. It seems like silver is an only currency here while prices were walking somewhere from 10 silver for yesterday's bread to a few billion for some crazy-big mansion or ultra-fancy accessory.

Do I need a mansion or some fancy accessory? Of course not so I'm sure gotta have enough for everything I need. I hope so.

But I sure had enough. After finishing my first circle near shops I spent somewhere near 2000 silver or so. Yeah, I don't really count my money until they start to disappear.

While buying daily things I thought of distributing things in my pockets this way - important stuff and consumables like food, potions or cigarettes are going to the left pocket while daily needs and random stuff like toilet paper, napkins, and a spoon will go to the right one. There also was some chopsticks. I can eat with them, sure, but I still prefer a spoon. Fork is no good though.

What's left is a bookstore and umm.... alchemist one? I dunno how stores with potions are called, but I see a sign that just says 'Potion' so I guess this is it. At the bookstore, I bought a map and...that's all. There sure was a lot of books but I'm too lazy to dig into history or something. I have some interest in why people don't like beastmen here, but I'll just ask someone to give me a lecture someday. In the potion store, I bought, well you could guess, potions. HP, mana, stamina. Why do I need mana? Well, I'm a good girl with a big heart so if I meet some magical girl in need I always could help.

And the last one - smithy. I can not into weapons, yeah, but I still have this fancy katana as a dead weight in my pocket so I thought of selling it. The one in the smithy wasn't a dwarf as I was expecting, but it was a muscular man with a somewhat sullen look. Without spending extra time for window shopping (even if I wanna) I went straight to him and pulled a weapon out of my pocket. He showed me a surprised look but quickly regained his calm.

"Wanna sell, how much?"

"Hmm." he took a katana from my hands while giving me a suspicious look.

What? Even if I look like a sleepy alcoholic it doesn't mean I can't have a katana or two for sale.

"Where did you get that, girly?"

"Ina dungeon."

And that's not a lie. Sure it was loot from a random reincarnated dude, but it was still in a dungeon.

"Is that so. So you're an adventurer, girly? I don't see a token on your neck though."

So this tokens are the ones you wear on your neck?

"Well, i still dont have one, but here s ma temporal token. As u can see am pretty much a 'B'-rank after doing an exam today."

"Ha-ha-ha!" he laughed suddenly "So you're that one White Beast from the rumors? Well, no offense, it is just a nickname you got today."

That's rather harsh. But well, whatever. Not like I'm going to stay in this town for long. Fuck you, Braensburg.

"Kay, so wata bout weapon?"

"Well, it doesn't look bad but..." he tried to pull katana out of its sheath "As you can see it is defective. And I cant apprise it normally. I see some good stats but its name and some other things I don't understand are unknown. It'll be better to just sell it in some antique shop for whatever price."

No luck, huh. Well, I took katana back and turned to leave.

"Thanx for the info, dude."

"Wait, girly, why don't you look for something for yourself?"

I WOULD LIKE TO.

But all I can actually do is to show a silly smile while waving my hands.

"As u can see, my weapon s always with me."

41