V1C18: Chatty Kathy
247 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Never realized the seventh floor had a balcony.  Not huge but big enough for a few mismatched tables and chairs.  Bet the tribe’s top dogs love to relax here while those beneath them, literally, bust their asses all day.

Of course with all the shit that went down those important people are pretty fucking busy right now.  Plus?  They probably don’t want to die.  So, mysteriously, I’ve got this patio to myself.

“Jax?”

Well, almost to myself.

Sitting down and my feet are kicked up onto the nearest table.  Drinking something that tastes beer-ish from a bottle I found in a little fridge thing by the door.  Never been a fan of beer, but after a long night I’ll drink almost anything refreshing.

And considering this dump?  Bet this cold beer is the height of luxury.  There were a couple more in there.  Maybe I should take them with me?

Wait, have I slept since getting zapped on that slab?  Been runnin, gunnin, and fuckin, ever since.

Damn.  Should take a nap while I ca-

“Jax?”

The girl I’ve been told is “Sally” calls this body’s pre-me name again.  Saved her life after the ex-chief bout fucked and drugged her to death.  Wasn’t going to but Frankie is already playing her games.

Oh well.  Really can’t help herself and those schemes have worked out in my favor many, many, more times than they haven't.

Guess this one is “Operation: Harem.”

Medieval land definitely relaxed my views on what does and does not equate to a, “relationship.”  In the end?  All that really counts is loyalty.

If the bitch is willing to spit in a god’s face for ya?  She passes.  If not?  Move along thot.  Move along.

(Yes, dumbass.  Those were the fetishes you were looking for.)

[?]

“Please.  Look at me.”

Fine.

Give her a long look and, admittedly, she’s easy on the eyes.  Taller than Frankie but still shorter than me.  5’8” maybe?  Milky skin with a face more on the adult side of sexy than my cutie in the pink room.  Blue eyes staring out from under long straight dark hair.

Her T&A isn’t at Frankie’s level but still plentiful.  D-cups maybe?  And that ass looks more firm than squishy.  Better test it out later.  For safety.  Her whole body looks leaner than my lewd goddess.  Firmier?  Springier?

Not sure what the right word is but she's plenty eurotic too.  Somehow even got this vulnerable vibe going on.  Sort of makes you want to protect her.  And bang her into a coma.

Well.  I would be willing to give it the old college dropout try.  Turns out fat, drunk, and stupid, is a way to go through life.

Motioned for her to take a seat earlier so at least she is sitting too but...  She looks like she would rather be anywhere but here.  So, why the fuck is she here?

“Xuso said you had changed.”  Xuso?  “That you had lost your memory.”  She mean Digger?  “That you might never remember us.”  Uh oh.  “Never remember, me.”

Danger!  Danger Will Robinson!  Sonar picking up possible ex-girlfriend!  Dive!  Dive!

Need to come up with a cover story, stat!

“The doc said he had to cut out more of my brain because he had to use an older model.  Said the memory loss may be permanent. I…”  Here goes.  “I don’t remember anything from before the surgery.”

Sally’s eyes fill with tears as she covers her mouth with her hands.

“Oh, no.”

Did she buy it?

[Well done.]

(Shh.  Don’t jinx it, Nina.  We aren’t out of the woods yet.)

“I-I’m so s-sorry.”

Shrug my shoulders and take another swig.

“Hard to miss what you don’t even remember having.”

She nods some.  Rubs her now red eyes and looks me in the same.

“Why did you save me?”

“What?”

“Twice in one day.  D-didn’t need you saving me.”  Eh?  “Didn’t w-want you to.”

Oh great.  God damn suicide girls.  Freaky drama llamas.  Better lay it on thick.

“Don’t know why I saved you the first time.”  Good, start out honest.  “Digger would have been heartbroken if you died.”  And slide in the lie.  “I would be too.  Know you meant a lot to me.”

And there go the waterworks again.

*sniff*

Now for the sinker.

“And what about Johnny?  He would miss you too.”

*screech*

Can almost hear the emotion brakes locking up.

Sally’s face snaps to me for a moment.  Stunned.  Then starts shaking her head with a wry smile.  Oops.  Did I go a bridge too far?

“Ha…  You really don’t remember anything.  Haha…  If I had just listened to her.  Hahaha…  That witch’s fortune telling.”  Her hands are on her face again as she mumbles.  “Why am I so stupid.”

Gotten into a lot of trouble with women before by speaking just to speak.  So wisely keep my trap shut.  Yes!  He can be taught!

[Adapting…  I sincerely hope so.]

(Shush you.)

Sally seems to resolve herself.  Was that a guts pose?  And scoots her chair over next to mine.  Takes the bottle out of my hand and puts it on the table.  Wraps her arms around mine and rests her chin on my shoulder.

“I was drinking that you know.”

“Later.  Not everyday a girl gets a second chance.  Especially one as dirty as me.”

Certainly likes criticizing herself a lot.

“As long as I can remember?  I’ve been a, toilet.”  Yikes.  “Used to love machines.  Didn’t matter what kind it was.  Could just, kind of, feel what needed to be done.”  Gets a distant look while whispering in my ear.

Shit.  Story time.

“Haha…  Didn’t matter though.  No matter how good I was?  No matter what test I passed?”  Lips curl and teeth grind.  “Always ended up sore with my legs spread.”  Uh…  Ew?  “Finally just accepted that it didn’t matter.  That I didn’t matter.”

Tears again.  But a lot fewer this time.

“Everyone knew what I was.  Johnny just also knew what I was worth.  Taught me to get paid for it.  Didn’t matter how much or what.  As long as I got paid?  It was just, business.”  Her eyes turn cold.  “Only right to set a price.”

Wow.  Might just put a bullet or two in Johnny today.

“Everybody paid.  Some a lot.  Most a little.  But everybody paid.  At the orphanage.  On the streets.  And in the tribe.”  Now those are some dead eyes.  “Everyone except Johnny.  Can’t have my boyfriend pay.  Yep, everyone except Johnny, and you.”  Crap.  “If I can’t charge my boyfriend?  Then of course not the man I... love.”

Sally blushes something fierce before burying her face in my armpit.

“Haha…  Know what you’re thinking.  Something this filthy can’t love, right?  Someone this, broken.”  Jesus lady.  “But how can’t I love you?  You were always there for me.”  Shoulders shudder.  “Treating me like I was, a girl.  Not a toilet.”

Lady.  You don’t need a man.  You need a shrink.  One with a really big, prescription pad.  Wonder if they got that west wing guy’s app here.

“And now?  It's finally, over.  Johnny he?  He dumped me, day before.  Has granny chief’s daughter wrapped around his cock.  And with the chief dead?  He can become, respectable.”

She’s laughing at herself again as she lifts her wet face and rests her chin on my shoulder again.

“Can’t become Johnny’s toilet too.  He’ll never pay.  And I could never say no to him anyway.  Just… couldn’t.”  Geesh.  “Besides, I’m used up Jax.  Too old to pretend I’m too young.  Can’t keep the uncles interested anymore.”

Yeah, niche market hookers can have a pretty short shelf life.

“Don’t know what you did last night but it made me feel, fresh.  Clean.  And I don’t like it.”  Christ.  “J-johnny doesn’t like it too.  Would rather die as I lived.  A toilet.”

Sally inhales deeply and then lets it all out with a short, ha!  She plants a kiss on my cheek as gets up and pats dusts off her overalls.

Is it over?  Are we finished?  Is it through?

“Thank you, Jax.  Always wanted to confess but Johnny said no.  Ended up telling you my pathetic story too.”  Gives me a big but sad smile.  “Off to die now.  Haha…  Better do it before he locks me away again.”

*clang* *click*

“Hey Sally.  Did master say you can leave?”

For a moment it looked almost like Sally was going to walk off the edge of this seventh floor balcony.  Wouldn’t be hard.  The railing mostly, isn’t.  But that potential is interrupted by the door opening and my hottie throwing a question her way.

“J-johnny?”

“No, silly.  My master.  And the love of your life.”  Frankie cutely skips up to Sally and looks her in the eye.  “Hubby taught me that there’s nothing wrong with a second chance.  A second life.  You just have to grab it and, never, let, go.”

Notice she’s gotten a good grip on suicide girl’s wrists.  Probably just playing it safe.  The confessor looks, confused.  Like she has absolutely no idea what’s going on.

“We’re going to break free.”  What a ridiculously cute smile.  “Come with us.”

Their eyes are locked onto each other and I can feel a strange tug of war going on.  Like Frankie is trying to reach into Sally’s soul.

“C-c-can I?”  But she can’t quite believe it.  “Really?  Som-someone li-like me-e?”

At that moment they both turn, to me.  Can feel it's all on me now.  What I do next could affect all three of us for the rest of our lives.  Better not screw this up.  Gotta pull out the big guns.  Here, we, go.

… 

Nods.

… 

Yes!  Aced it!

*tackle*

What is it with women lunging at me?  Sally launches herself at my chest.  And with my legs kicked up and leaning back in a chair?  Don’t need the science guy to explain why I ended up on my back.

“Thank you fhank ou man yu…”

Sally’s words get harder and harder to understand as she buries her head in my chest and sobs.  All I can think to do is wrap her in my arms and give her head pats.

Emotional girl is, emotional.

[Interruption…  I apologize Jon but the female mercenary continues to call.  Her voice is sounding more and more upset.  Can I unmute her now?]

(Shh…  I’m about to get laid.)

[Sigh.]

Frankie walks over and straddles my head.  A view I would enjoy, if she was wearing a skirt.  Which she isn’t.  Instead?  Dressed back up in the body armor from last night.  Looks cleaner though.

By the by, so am I.  Dressed that is.  Good to clarify because that’s never a sure thing with me.  Though I left the armor plates off this time.  Wait, my clothes are cleaner too.  When did it get washed?  How did it get washed?

Well, whatever.  My isekai plastic surgeon skills and nanos were pretty compatible so Sally here should be a good ride.  Even a high mileage car can look, smell, and feel, great after a professional wash and detailing.

“Jon.  There are still things to discuss.”

My hands start getting “handsy.”

“Like?”

“You don’t have a combat module, do you.”

[!]

“How could you tell?”  Seriously, I thought I was doing well.

Frankie sighs.

“Last night your shooting was, terrible.”  Hope we’re not talking about sexy time.  “You also seem to be missing several basics, like sensors.  On top of no aim assist.”  Still not sure.  “Those gundogs got closer than they should have several times.”

Whew!  Oh.  Thank god!  Had me worried there.  Thumbs up mister weiner.  We’re still good.

[They were installed!]  Whoa there miss software.  [I just can’t a-access them.]  Eh?  [Uh…  I mean.  Adapting?]

Whoa whoa whoa.  Settle down there program de femme.  Really.  Kind of freaking me out.

[Adapting…  I apologize.  There was a slight, malfunction.  Algorithms are adjusting.]

Uh huh.

Shrug my shoulders.

“The doc said I rejected the implant so he had to use older hardware.”

A scoff from my lewd cutie.

“He probably bought a third hand part and pocketed the difference.  Maybe even screwed up the surgery and fried it.”

“Well he did like to use shock paddles.”

Sally’s tear and snot covered face lifts up and tilts.

“So what did he install, honey.”  A big smile lights up her face after that last word.

[Interruption…  It would not be a good idea to te-]

“An education module.”

Both Sally and Frankie’s faces suddenly twist into sour expressions.  Bitter beer face?

“Oh honey, I’m sorry.”  “My poor master.”

“Eh?”

And now their looks change to ones of pity.  Yeah, not a good sign.  Like prom all over again.  The pity and laughing was bad.  But did she really have to point too?

“Jon.  Education modules are very different from combat or technical modules.”  Okay?  “They were supposed to teach vital skills but failed badly.”  Not okay.  “No one even makes them anymore.”

[That’s not fair!]  Who pushed the tantrum button?  [How is it our fault that human brains are so messy?!]  Human?  [And that doesn’t apply to me anyway since I’m a prototype designed to fix those problems.  That we didn’t have!]

(Forgot to say “Adapting.”)

[Thpbt!]

Girls must have noticed me wincing.  Of course they noticed.  It's not exactly comfortable to have a british sounding chick screaming in your brain and blowing raspberries.  So their looks have gone from pity to concern.  Well, at least that’s an improvement.

“Jon?  What’s wrong?”

“Oh.  She’s pissed that you called her a failure.  Ranting about her being a prototype and messy brains.  Never heard her get this upset before thou-”

My head is suddenly locked between two hands.  Focus to see Frankie has dropped to her knees and is staring at me, hard, in the face from just inches away.  Hehe.  This reminds me of the first time we me-

“What do you mean “she’s pissed?!”  Upset?!”  F-frankie?

Both of their faces have zoomed in and their eyes look as big as dinner plates.

“Uh.  Yeah.  Is that a bad thing?”


Smetanov, Katina (female, human)

  • the Witch
  • 5’3”, 19 years
    • Honey skin, Copper curly hair, Green eyes
    • F-cups, Big booty, Thin waist, Charmin with T&A
  • Cyber
    • ?
  • Psycher
    • Cultivation
      • ?
    • Precognition
      • Level ?
    • Telekinesis
      • Level ?
  • Formerly
    • Ushinua Barton
      • Isekaied?
  • “Frankie”

Umera, Jaxon (male, human)

  • the Shank
  • 5’10”, 15 years
    • Thin and muscular
  • Cyber
    • Physical Upgrade Package
      • Level 1
    • Educational Control Module
      • Mentor Mark III X2 Neural Interface Network Assistance Module (Nina)
      • Level ?
  • Psycher
    • Cultivation
      • ?
    • Technomancy
      • Level ?
  • MC
  • Slave
    • Heshen Hunter Clan
  • Formerly
    • Rockrats Tribe
      • Warrior
    • Umera Orphanage
      • Orphan
    • Oxa Slum Gang
      • Slave
    • Jon Barton
      • Isekaied?

Umera, Sally (female, human)

  • 5’6”, 17 years
    • Alabaster skin, Black straight hair, Blue eyes
    • D-cups, Thick but tight booty, Athletic
  • Cyber
    • Eurotic Enhancement Package
      • Level 1
  • Psycher
    • Cultivation
      • ?
    • ?
  • Tribal
    • Rockrats Slum Tribe
  • Formerly
    • Umera Orphanage
      • Orphan
  • “Confessor,” “Working girl”
16