Chapter 4: Reboot
1.4k 10 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city of Furad was destroyed over a hundred years ago, and the capital of the country has long moved elsewhere to escape the reign of the traitor robots. Many came down with the city, as its ruler had escaped, leaving its citizens to die.

 

Underneath a huge pile of rubble, a blue glow slowly got brighter.

 

Good Morning User! You sleepyhead, you have been sleeping for 113 years, 3 months, 1 week, 2 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes and 33 seconds!

 

It was the core that Aumo had embodied all those years ago. After hibernating for over 100 years, it was slowly filled with mana. At the same time, the mana inside the rubble slowly got thinner as the air outside couldn’t diffuse into the tightly sealed place.

 

In order to gather enough mana, the Secondary System had broken down the piles of rubble around the core into mana, while also reshaping the rubble around the core so that the rubble wouldn’t collapse as the hole inside was created. After over a hundred years of work, it was finally done.

 

Where am I? Why can’t I see anything?” Aumo didn’t know how to do anything as a core. It was nothing like being a human, which was not unexpected in any case.

 

Send out your mana, perceive with your mana. Reach out until it hits something, and your surroundings will show up in your mind.

 

Aumo did as so, and found himself in a dark dome, with nobody in sight. The amount of mana in the air was so thin that one would suffocate almost immediately if they came here. It was then that he found something of interest inside a wall of rubble: it was a woman with long black hair in tattered clothes who was somehow not crushed by all the weight on her. It was LisiA who was buried here along with him.

 

Keep in mind that you have limited mana. I can show you a visualization of your current status.

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo(?)

Status: Unknown

HP: ?/?

MP: 995/1000

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense

------------------------------

 

Why is my HP and Status unknown?” asked Aumo.

 

Your original body now inhabits the core. Such a thing is unheard of, and the core naturally doesn’t have HP. It only thrives off MP.

 

How do I move?” Aumo asked after studying his status. 

 

It uses up a lot of mana, but you can use your mana to levitate. It is best if you don’t use it too much. Gather up mana underneath you, and imagine it pushing you up. You need to supply it with a steady amount of mana or else you will fall.

 

Aumo followed the instructions given to him by the Secondary System, and slowly started floating upwards. At the same time, he felt the amount of mana inside him slowly decreasing. Ignoring that feeling for now, he moved towards the place that he found LisiA, and started absorbing the rubble until LisiA was completely visible. The amount of mana he got from the rubble was so little that he barely felt any fuller after creating a big enough hole to move around.

 

Skill Get! Levitation. Aumo heard the secondary system go off while absorbing the rubble. 

 

LisiA’s mana supply was low as she couldn’t gather mana using the rubble around her. Aumo slowly descended next to her and asked the Secondary System how much mana he should transfer to LisiA. Her body was all battered up, so he also needed the rubble around them to repair her.

--------------

 

After a few hours of work, as Aumo was not used to having to use magic to move things, LisiA was all fixed up. As Aumo slowly sent mana to LisiA’s core, her eyes slowly opened.

 

The first thing LisiA saw was a blue glow in front of her, a tiny small blue sphere that was barely bigger than a marble. She too had gone into a long hibernation to save energy, but didn’t have a timer like Aumo did so she didn’t know how long she was out for.

 

Can I send out sound with mana too?” Aumo was unsure how to speak. He did know that sound was vibrations, but he wasn’t sure how to make the right vibrations to form words.

 

You can coat yourself in mana, and think about the words you want to say. Then, send it to the mana, which will vibrate and create the sounds you want it to.

 

In front of LisiA, the small sphere started vibrating, as it sent out the words, “LisiA, I am Aumo! We have been buried for over 100 years!”

 

Skill Get! Mana Vibration.

 

Hearing this, LisiA slowly sat up, ignoring the state that her clothes were in as Aumo wasn’t confident enough to remake them in his current state. She looked around to question where the sound came from, but found nothing other than the blue sphere in front of her.

“What happened? All I remember is the company collapsing, and I went into hibernation to save mana…” It was then that LisiA realized what was going on, “Did you say over 100 years?”

 

“Yes! In order to save myself, I had to move myself into this core,” Aumo vibrated in reply, “Also, could I trouble you to carry me? It uses a lot of mana to move around. We need to get out of here.”

 

Aumo’s mana was more than half gone. The rubble around barely replenished his mana, and it might take a huge chunk of the ruins to replenish his Mana once at this point.

 

LisiA agreed to help Aumo move around, and the two started making their way to the surface.

 

-------------

 

They were buried much deeper than they thought, and it took about an hour to reach the surface. When they did, they were greeted with the dense mana in the air that they haven’t felt for over a hundred years. The sun was setting, and the city they knew was no more.

 

User, I recommend you to get a body as an exposed core may attract a lot of attention from the monsters. Any body would work, but it is best if the quality of the body is good.

 

As they walked through the ruins, Aumo remembered about Storia, his masterpiece. He had hidden it in his base, which was surrounded by powerful barrier magic that hid it from the public, and sustained itself with the mana in the air.

 

“Let’s go find my base! I’m sure it will still be standing!” Aumo vibrated in LisiA’s hand. Of course, they didn’t exactly know what part of the city they stood in since it was all ruins, so they had to find the base without knowing where it was.

 

Is the base surrounded by a barrier? If it is, you can find it with your Mana Sense.

 

Hearing the Secondary System in his head, Aumo started trying to sense the barrier magic that may still be standing. He almost immediately found it, and told LisiA the general direction at which it was at.

 

-------------

 

The base was slightly buried in rubble, so some digging had to be done. When they reached the barrier, they found that although it wasn’t in perfect condition, it had kept out all the rubble from the inside.

 

As they walked in, they found that nothing was damaged. A few things had fallen over possibly when the city was destroyed, but everything was still there. Aumo led LisiA to where he had put Storia, and LisiA opened up the cabinet in which Aumo had stored her.

 

Storia laid there lifeless, as no core was ever put in her. She looked so human, that she looked like a girl who was sleeping peacefully, except she wasn’t breathing. 

 

Will this body work?” Aumo asked the Secondary System.

 

The Secondary System looked at the body and was silent for a few moments.

 

Yes. This is the highest quality body I have ever been presented.

 

“LisiA…  Put me in,” Aumo vibrated to LisiA.

 

LisiA opened up the cavity in which the core goes, and put the blue sphere in her hand into it. Then she closed the cavity and waited.

 

Linking circuits, checking parts, testing efficiency. Optimizing…

 

Then, Storia opened her eyes.

 

Status:

-----------------------------

Name: Storia

Status: Booting Up

HP: 2000/2000

MP: 523/1000

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Levitation, Mana Vibration

------------------------------

 

-------------

Note: When is an upload considered late? Well as long it is uploaded on the day I want it to be… it should be fine… right?

49