Chapter 22: New Clothes
741 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before LisiA handed Aumo the cores, LisiA dragged Aumo into the bathroom to take a shower. Although Aumo’s clothes weren’t dirty, LisiA and Aumo themselves were still covered in dirt from the fight they had that day.

 

“Why can’t I just keep myself clean along with my clothes,” complained Aumo as she was dragged by LisiA.

 

------------- 

 

After the shower, LisiA handed Aumo some of the cores, as they needed to sell some of the cores for money. 

 

Of course, these cores were much higher quality than the ones that Aumo had gotten in the forest, so Aumo didn’t complain at all. As LisiA tucked herself into the soft bed to embrace that feeling again, Aumo spent the whole night absorbing the cores.

 

You have gained 500 EXP! You have leveled up! You have leveled up! You have…

 

------------- 

 

A week quickly passed by after the stampede.

 

It was a somewhat uneventful week, as the Guild had reduced the amount of quests available for that week due to the stampede. The stampede was not natural, and it was definitely so due to the giant machine that had showed up, but of course the general public didn’t know that. All they needed to know was that the Guild and the Guards were investigating the cause of the stampede, and it was recommended to not leave the city too much in case anything else happens.

 

During that week, LisiA slowly got used to her new senses, but it still didn’t stop her from getting addicted to some new sensations. She got especially addicted to the feeling of fluffy things.

 

Aumo on the other hand had finally had a week to settle down, and was thinking about whether or not she wanted to remodel her current body. Currently, it was in the form of a young girl, which was extremely different from what Aumo was like when she was still a human. 

 

On a second thought, however, Aumo didn’t actually want to change the form of her first android ever, it was like a souvenir of some type from when she was still human. In fact, because she was only 11 when she had turned into a core, she didn’t actually care much about her gender at all. But as any child was, she was still curious about that thing that was between her legs when she was human. As she was thinking about modeling one for fun…

 

Please don’t. Just don’t,” Ria immediately sounded out as if she knew what Aumo was thinking, which she did.

Since Aumo and LisiA had nothing better to do, they both had decided to explore the city a bit more too. The amount of money that had gotten from selling the cores amounted to quite a bit at 2 gold coins, so they went around trying out new foods that had come out throughout the years.

 

Guardon told them that he had only paid for a week for the room that Aumo and LisiA resided in, and LisiA reassured him that they were going to continue staying there for a while and pay for themselves.

 

------------- 

 

“It’s been a week since we came here,” said Aumo, “We’ve looked around quite a bit.”

 

“Surprisingly there are no slums in this city,” replied LisiA, “But I think it is time that you stop pushing it back and accept your fate.”

 

All this time, Aumo has been wearing that same T-Shirt and pants that she had made for herself on the first day they arrived in the city. While they didn’t get dirty at all, it was still inexcusable to wear that set of clothes, and definitely so if she chose to wear it for the rest of her life. In fact, Aumo can’t actually make anything too complex either, which is why she hasn’t been able to make anything else other than what she was wearing and repairing what LisiA is wearing.

 

Of course, while Aumo had accepted that this would be her body from now on, she was too embarrassed to wear a dress or a skirt. The only time she had to wear one was when Ria had forced that one piece dress onto her on the first day she had woken up in this body, which she never wore again after making the current set of clothes she is wearing now.

 

“We’re going to a clothing shop now,” said LisiA.

 

Although Aumo wanted to protest, she did at the same time agree that she needed a new set of clothes. She couldn’t make anything better after all.

 

Even if Aumo didn’t need a set of clothes, LisiA couldn’t possibly wear the same set of clothes she was now forever either. In fact, there are probably rumors circulating around about their clothes at this point.

 

------------- 

 

Aumo and LisiA left the inn they were in, and walked in the direction of the Guild as it was in the center of the city, and was also where most of the shops were located.

 

After a few minutes of walking, the guild came into view. As Aumo and LisiA walked in the direction in which the stores are, the two of them heard someone calling out to them.

 

“You two over there with the shirt and blazer! Looking for some clothes?” the voice came closer as they walked.

 

As Aumo and LisiA turned to face the direction that the voice was coming from, they saw a young woman with an ahoge spinning like a helicopter on her head.

 

“Is hair supposed to work like that?” asked Aumo as she looked at the hair spinning.

 

“My customer sensors are tingling!” exclaimed the woman, “Ah.”

 

Noticing that her hair was going crazy, she quickly pushed down the ahoge with her hand.

 

“Sorry about that, my hair does that when someone in dire need of new clothes comes close. I’m Maria and I own an apparel store. Nice to meet you,” said Maria.

 

Some whispers could be heard from the people nearby, with most something along the lines of “It’s that weird shopkeeper again.”

 

“We do need clothes,” said LisiA, “Though it might not be as ‘dire’ as you claim it to be.”

 

“My intuition never lies,” claims Maria, “That girl next to you is wasting her cuteness by wearing such unkempt clothes.”

 

“Cute?” Aumo was never called cute before, and certainly never expected it to be so. Even though it was directed to the body she had made, it was still a compliment to her as the body was her work after all.

 

“I do agree,” said LisiA, “But can you be trusted?”

 

“People may call me weird, but my shop is still quite popular!” replied Maria.

 

The next thing that happened could be said to be a coincidence, as Guardon had walked out of the Guild after discussing with Fedi about the new findings on the machine that had attacked the city.

 

Seeing Maria in front of the street of the shops picking up more customers was something that rarely happened, however.

 

“Hello there,” said Guardon as he went up to the trio.

 

The trio turned to face Guardon, and were surprised to see him here at this time.

 

“Help me get these two to my shop,” Maria was the first to open her mouth.

 

Guardon looked at Maria, then faced LisiA.

 

“Can she be trusted?” LisiA asked.

 

“Yes, she can,” replied Guardon, “I think.”

 

That was enough to get LisiA to follow Maria to her shop while pulling Aumo along.

 

------------- 

 

After a long while of picking out clothes, LisiA was finally satisfied. Maria also had a very satisfied look on her face. That was probably because Aumo had become a dress-up doll for them.

 

“That would amount to 42 silver coins,” said Maria as she calculated the costs.

 

LisiA handed over a gold coin, and then stored away all of the clothes that were bought, along with the 58 silver coins she got as change.

 

Guardon had left for a while, and came back feeling bad for Aumo after seeing what looks to be a traumatized Aumo. 

 

Aumo was now wearing a really frilly light blue dress with ribbons everywhere, which definitely isn’t what someone should normally be wearing. 

 

After some time, along with Guardon’s help, she was allowed to change into a shirt of her size with a skirt. 

 

------------- 

 

After coming out of the shop, Guardon explained why he had come back.

 

“We have finished analyzing the machine that attacked us during the stampede,” said Guardon, “Would you two like to know the details about it?”

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Slightly Traumatized

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 153

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

Upgrades: None


Who made that machine? I think it’s pretty obvious. I think I have read too many stories about people getting used as dress-up dolls this week too, which affected the content of this chapter. Then again, there’s no way that anyone could allow someone to wear such messy clothes every single day for the rest of their lives. 

 

Why was this chapter about clothes anyway? I don’t really know much about clothes either, just as much as I don’t know about flavored coffee that I wrote about a few weeks back. I tried the time skip idea, and at first planned it to be about the news of the machine, but near the end of planning, I decided that it was a good idea to introduce a new character after thinking back about the sketch of Aumo I had made. That sketch is getting ditched as I have a better tablet for drawing now, but better tools never meant better skills.

 

Speaking of drawings, the next draft of the cover will probably be started soon. This coming up week won’t have the hardest class I have chosen, as we are on a fake break, but the homework is still due, so I won’t have much time to work on it until I have given in the homework. That is the homework that will take me 20 hours, and will probably be submitted a couple minutes before the time it’s due. Save me. Also, is it just me or is it that these notes are getting longer?

25