Chapter 24: The Prophecy
656 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The actual next chapter, for those who read the previous chapter.

“What do we have to gain if we join?” asked LisiA as Guardon had just invited her and Aumo to join an Organization that she had found out about just today.

 

The guild was one thing since they had been existing for a few centuries, and the system had drastically improved over the 100 years that Aumo and LisiA were buried in the ruins, but a new group that is hidden from the public shouldn’t be joined so readily.

 

“Naturally, you two would have access to our bases all across the continent,” said Guardon, “We have a base in almost all the major cities, all fitted with the technology to develop tools and weapons to fight against the reformers.”

 

“Why would we want to have access to the bases?” asked LisiA.

 

“Normally, a new recruit would only have access to the base and training stations but you two will have much more,” said Guardon, “When I reported to the higher-ups about how you two defeated the machine, they immediately yelled at me to recruit you two and to immediately promote you two as well.”

 

“Those are some impulsive higher-ups,” commented Aumo.

 

“I just hope I don’t become as cranky as them when I grow old,” said Guardon, “Anyways, the promotion will allow you two access to the weapon blueprints and parts.”

 

“Do they even care about security anymore?” asked LisiA, “The base is so well hidden, and they allow newcomers that took just one thing down to join and access the weapons?”

 

“It isn’t just one thing, LisiA,” replied Guardon, “That one thing would’ve destroyed this city and continued onto the other cities without us being able to counter it.”

 

When Guardon had mentioned the weapon blueprints and parts, Aumo remembered the weapons that were on the walls. They were nothing like what she had seen before. The base itself was also extremely futuristic, and had a ton of machines she had never seen before either. The more she thought about it, the more that curiosity of hers grew.

 

“We will be joining the Organization,” announced Aumo suddenly.

 

“Aumo, are you sure?” asked LisiA. After all, it was an Organization that seemingly popped out of nowhere to them, and suddenly offered them access to all the weapon blueprints and parts.

 

“Yes, I’m sure,” replied Aumo.

 

“Phew,” Guardon let out a sigh of relief, “If I couldn’t get you two into the Organizations, I would probably get buried alive by the higher-ups.”

 

“They wanted us that desperately?” said LisiA.

 

“The thing is, they are probably recording everything that is happening in this room. Since you two confirmed that there is a third member, it means that we must get you two no matter what. The Prophets’ prophecies have always been true after all,” said Guardon, “It’s just that they are usually riddles and are hard to understand.”

 

“What was the full prophecy anyway?” asked Aumo.

 

“Well, it was really confusing so I didn’t even want to remember it,” said Guardon.

 

“We have it on file!” said one of the people at the switches and buttons.

 

The screen then flickered and changed to another image.

 

Domes Within Ruins, Light Within.

A Long Slumber After, They Soon Rise.

Ancient They Are, Yet Unmatched.

The Trio, They Come Out From The Green.

Soon Down Goes The Cyclops In A Silver Sheen.

The Ultimate Weapon, Misused It Is Not.

For Humanity Shall See Light.

 

“Ah,” said Aumo as she looked at it.

 

“Well, it all makes sense now,” said LisiA.

 

The Domes within ruins were the domes created by Ria to get enough mana to wake Aumo up, and the light came from the core that Aumo and Ria are in. The long slumber was them being asleep for over 100 years, and the rising part is self-explanatory.

 

130 year old technology can be considered Ancient, especially with how fast technology grows, but at the same time Aumo and LisiA’s bodies still are more advanced than the present day androids. The present-day androids already look so human-like but still lack a lot of things.

 

The trio would be the three of them, including Ria, and the green most likely meant the forest. The cyclops with the silver sheen is the machine they took down the week before, so that part happened too.

 

“How about the Ultimate Weapon?” asked Aumo, “I don’t remember having anything that can be considered the Ultimate Weapon?”

 

“It’s not going to be misused, so all should be fine?” replied LisiA, “Everything above matched our situation after all.”

 

“Though I think the part that says For Humanity Shall See Light is a bit too exaggerated,” said Aumo.

 

“I agree with that,” said Guardon suddenly, “Though the light might just mean hope. That said, you said that your situation matched the prophecy? Many claim that but then fail to actually explain how. Would you two mind if you two explained?”

 

“Not at all,” replied LisiA, “It isn’t that long of a story either. We just don’t know what to say about the Ultimate Weapon part.”

 

It could have two different meanings, in which one would be me,” said Ria suddenly, “But the other meaning is meant to be kept a secret.

 

At this moment, Aumo understood what could possibly be the Ultimate Weapon: her skill to manipulate the mana to turn it into whatever she wants, as long as she could imagine it.

 

“If it’s a secret, then I won’t ask about it,” said Guardon, “But do explain how you interpret this prophecy.”

 

And thus, Aumo and LisiA started their story from the day that Furad fell.

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 153

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

Upgrades: None


I racked my brains for an idea for the next chapter, especially since I had no idea what to write after that April Fools chapter. Then I remembered something about how I wrote about a prophecy in the last chapter and went with that. I am no prophecy writer, so I have no idea if that worked. I guess the rest of this series will be me racking my brains while buried in homework, trying to get something out. 

 

Thinking about it though, I haven’t even updated my own notes on this story for a long time. Maybe I should update it and possibly post a glossary for this story some time in the future, but not now. I need to get to doing all the homework due next week now, though I will probably be procrastinating first.

21