Chapter 29: Mana Item Storage
465 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Aumo and LisiA got back to the inn, they decided to have dinner before heading back to their room.

 

“We have tried almost everything on the menu this past week, what’s left?” said Aumo as she sat down at an empty table with LisiA.

 

LisiA reached for the menu and looked through it, checking if they had missed anything.

 

There wasn’t much on the menu, so they didn’t really rush trying out everything. Since the week went by with them checking out the city, no stored mana was used, so Aumo had somewhat of an idea on how much mana the food contained.

 

“Eating one of almost everything on the menu only amounted to 153 mana,” noted Aumo as she looked at her status.

 

“I don’t know how mana is measured, but it seems that 1 mana is a lot,” said LisiA, “We did eat a good amount after all. Also, I believe that this is the last thing we haven’t eaten that’s on the menu.”

 

LisiA pointed to something in the middle of the page.

 

“I saved this one for last because I believed that it would be the best out of all of them,” said LisiA.

 

“That thing would be a meal on its own,” said Aumo.

 

It was decently priced and seemed to be really good, and would be enough to be a meal all on its own. They ordered it.

 

------------- 

 

After their meal, Aumo and LisiA went back to their room.

 

“Why did we save the noodles for last?” asked Aumo as she sat down on the bed.

 

It wasn’t anything special, it was just a giant bowl of noodles, though it was a really good bowl of noodles.

 

“That one alone was 20 mana, that’s crazy,” said Aumo as she checked her status.

 

One unit of mana is actually a good amount of mana,” said Ria all of a sudden, “For a burning flame, 1 unit of mana is able to keep it lit for around 120 seconds without anything else. A disclaimer is that the mana in something has nothing to do with its calorie content. Also, you could’ve checked with Mana Analysis.

 

“I forgot about that. Either way we still need to buy the food to analyze it. Also, calories? What’s that?” asked Aumo.

 

A measurement of energy. Don’t worry about it,” replied Ria.

 

“How did that book disappear today while we were in the library?” butted in LisiA.

 

“Ah right that, I want to know too,” said Aumo.

 

The truth is, with Aumo’s mana manipulation skill, you can turn something into mana but store data about what it was. Then you can store it as mana in your body,” said Ria, “That’s what I attempted to do. I noticed many enchantments on the book which was probably why the Librarian freaked out. There was one that prevented dimensional storage.

 

“Does the mana storage work how the food I eat becomes mana?” asked Aumo.

 

Yes and no. When you eat food, it gets turned into pure mana that can be used for anything. When you want to store something, you need some of your own mana to mark the mana-fied object with its properties so you can solidify it into exactly what it was,” replied Ria, “Mana is very convenient as it can store this type of information on its own. You can test it yourself. Put your hand on an object and move some mana onto it, just like with Mana Analysis, except this time you are also getting the properties of the object.

 

“What would be a good object to test it on?” said Aumo as she looked around the room.

 

“Try it on this,” LisiA takes out a copper coin and hands it to Aumo, “Nothing devastating would happen if we just lose a copper coin.”

 

Aumo took the coin and started sending mana into the coin.

 

Unlike when she analyzed the tree branch for its mana content, Aumo this time focused on the composition of the coin that was in her hand. 

 

Your understanding of Mana Analysis has improved. 

 

Item has 3 MP, and is composed of 90% copper and 10% tin.

 

“Why is there tin in this coin???” said Aumo after she analyzed the coin.

 

“Coins tend to be like that. Gold coins are barely 20% gold too. Anyway, now that you know the contents, make a Mana Mark. You don’t need to imagine anything specific, just ask the mana to remember the composition and shape of the coin,” replied Ria.

 

“How do I mark it?” asked Aumo.

 

Pour in a bit more mana, but don’t cover the coin this time. Just a bit on the surface,” replied Ria.

 

“Alright,” said Aumo.

 

Aumo lightly added some mana on the layer of mana and asked the mana to mark the object. After marking, Aumo realized that not only could she sense the marker, there was also a lot of text that came with it. Upon trying to read it, she saw so many words that she immediately gave up.

 

You have learned Mana Marking! Mana Usage of Around 1-2MP.

 

Alright, now that the marker is there, you can turn the coin into mana, but don’t delete the information on the marking,” said Ria, “And then you absorb it just like usual. It will be stored into our core.

 

The coin in Aumo’s hand slowly dematerialized and disappeared. 

 

The mana entered Aumo’s hand, but she could feel that it was different from the mana that was flowing around her body to allow it to operate. It was distinct and separate from all that mana, yet it took the same path that her usual mana took and went into the core. Unlike the rest of the mana, it stayed in the core.

 

You have learned Mana Item Storage!

 

“This could’ve been so useful, but LisiA already has Dimensional Storage so…” Aumo was happy that she also has a way to store items now, but they already had a method of storage.

 

“Dimensional Storage has a limit,” said LisiA, “It’s just that the limit is usually large enough that people normally don’t hit it unless they need to store a lot of things. There is a set limit, and it doesn’t grow.”

 

“Surely Mana Item Storage has a limit too, right?” said Aumo.

 

Yes, there is, but as your core levels up, the amount of mana it can store goes up, so naturally the storage size also goes up. There is a lot of usable space that hasn’t been used,” replied Ria.

 

“An expandable storage tool is what people have wanted for so long, and we got one so easily,” muttered LisiA.

 

“So how do I take the coin out?” asked Aumo.

 

Use the mana that was marked with the information of the coin. Once it is out of your body, you can materialize it anywhere,” replied Ria.

 

Aumo dropped the coin onto LisiA’s head. 

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 170

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Mana Item Storage, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

Upgrades: None?


This week I had no classwork, but there was a single exam. It’s the calm before the storm since I have 2 final exams coming up. Save me.

 

That aside, I finally thought up new ideas on how this story can progress. Being able to think without having 4 different homeworks killing you at the same time is really great. A way of storing things is a must for any adventuring main character, and I think that Aumo will be like a game character, except with no respawns or game mechanics, or bugs and glitches. Let us all hope that this doesn’t become your typical OP Protagonist story, a food story, or another XP grinding story...

14