Chapter 30: Urgent Meeting?
388 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun started rising on the horizon, Aumo and LisiA both started waking up. They didn't need sleep, but turning off from time to time is still recommended to keep androids at peak performance.

 

The two continued to lay in bed for a while, and LisiA eventually decided that it was time to get up. It's not like they will get more rest if she continues lying down.

 

"Aumo, get up," said LisiA as she slowly got out of the bed, "No point in continuing to lie down."

 

"Fine," said Aumo, "But it feels like the bed would feel lonely if I got up."

 

There was no point in lying down, but the soft feeling of the bed was still more than enough of a reason to continue, especially since they don't feel anything while they are "sleeping".

 

LisiA thought about it for a moment and went back on the bed to enjoy the soft feeling of it. This has been a daily routine for the entire week they've been here.

 

------------- 

 

Eventually, the two decided that it was time to go out. They didn’t really need to eat breakfast, so they immediately headed out.

 

“Lets go to the Guild,” said Aumo, “I saw that the quests were back up yesterday.”

 

The two walked to the Guild and went to get a quest. When a Guild receptionist saw them, the Guild receptionist promptly walked up to them.

 

“Excuse me,” said the receptionist, “I was tasked to tell you two that the Guild Master and the Head Guard are waiting for you two in the Guild Master’s room.”

 

“How are you sure that it was us?” asked LisiA.

 

“By a picture,” replied the receptionist, “There are cameras watching all over the Guild building.”

 

Cameras didn’t exist a century ago, but Aumo and LisiA understood what it was due to the books that they had read the day before. There have been so many new technologies that came up over the years, and it was said that it was all due to the robots, since all of these things came from the world they came from.

 

“Alright then,” said LisiA.

 

“Then I shall lead the way,” said the receptionist.

 

------------- 

Aumo and LisiA had already been to the Guild Master’s room and knew the way already, but they might be wrong so it was nice to have someone to lead them.

 

It didn’t take long to reach the room, and the two thanked the receptionist before the receptionist started heading back to the lobby.

 

LisiA knocked on the door, and Fedi on the other side said, “Come in.”

 

LisiA opened the door and saw Fedi and Guardon waiting in the room with a small stack of paper on the desk.

 

“I told you they would come to the Guild,” said Guardon, “I won the bet.”

 

“I don’t remember making a bet, Guardon,” said Fedi, “Anyway, you two there, take a seat. We have some important things to discuss.”

 

“We’ve only been here for a week,” said Aumo, “Are you sure you should be trusting us?”

 

“This has nothing to do with trust,” said Fedi, “There are times when things are just too urgent that you must do whatever you must.”

 

Seeing how serious Fedi was, the two took a seat at the chairs that were near the desk. Guardon, who was standing next to the desk, also took a seat.

 

“I guess I will start first,” said Guardon, “You two got approved by the higher-ups, and this is your proof of membership.”

 

Guardon reached into his pocket and took out two cards.

 

“Just send some mana into this card, and it will never get lost. It is enchanted with magic that will teleport to its owner whenever it is called,” said Guardon, “It is also made with some really strong materials, so it shouldn’t get damaged easily. That said, you shouldn’t test how strong it is.”

 

Aumo and LisiA took their cards, and sent some mana into it.

 

“All good?” asked Guardon, “Once you are done, you can put them away. They won’t be needed for now.”

 

Aumo and LisiA gave a nod and put them away.

 

“Your names and pictures should be on the card,” said Guardon, “So nobody else should be able to use it.”

 

“How many pictures of us did you secretly take?” asked Aumo, “It’s kinda creepy.”

 

“We didn’t secretly take any,” said Fedi, “There are cameras all over the place for security. You just don’t see them. Of course, we respect every individual’s privacy and don’t put them anywhere where it will violate it too much.”

 

“That doesn’t sound very convincing,” said LisiA.

 

“Convincing or not, that’s how it is. Anyway, to the main topic for this meeting,” said Fedi, “After you two took down that mechanical thing that attacked our city the other day, multiple weird structures started coming up from the ground. The weird part is that they seemingly came out of nowhere, but at the same time didn’t disrupt anything either.”

 

“Some of them look like doors, but they didn’t seem to lead anywhere,” added Guardon, “There’s nothing underneath them either. The people who walk through them just walk through them and nothing happens.”

 

“And you are asking us to investigate?” asked LisiA, “Why us?”

 

“We believe that you two might have an idea on what they are, especially with that third member of yours,” said Fedi.

 

I feel like I’m getting exploited,” said Ria suddenly, “But that’s what I was made for: to be exploited.

 

“That’s your third member? Now I feel bad, but it has to be done,” said Fedi.

 

“So how do we investigate these said doors?” asked LisiA.

 

“There aren’t any around here near Yuhsar, so you would need to go all the way to the next city,” said Guardon, “Here’s a map of this part of the continent.”

 

Guardon took out a map and tried to put it on the desk.

 

“How about we explain these papers first to clear the desk?” said Fedi.

 

“Ah sure, go ahead,” said Guardon as he put away the map for now.

 

“Now these papers are the requests for investigation. A nearby city is also asking for resources, so your mission is to investigate the doors along the way, and also deliver supplies to the city Breali,” said Fedi, “How much of your dimensional storage is used up right now?”

 

“Barely used, should be able to fit a good amount,” said LisiA.

 

“Alright, can it fit a wagon full of things?” asked Fedi.

 

“It most likely can. If it can’t, we can fit more into Aumo’s,” said LisiA.

 

“Great, then all of these papers are done,” said Fedi, “Now you can take out your map, Guardon.”

 

Fedi cleared the desk and Guardon placed the map on the desk, and then started explaining what they had to do.

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 170

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Mana Item Storage, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

 

Upgrades: None


 

Alright, I got some planning done and know what should happen next. Cheers on knowing what I should be doing.

 

I got the Covid vaccine yesterday and I was afraid that I would go down, but luckily that didn’t happen or else this week would probably not have an update at all. As for why this was late, it was because my friend dragged me onto World of Warships. “You can write when you get destroyed” he said but I was going Aircraft Carrier so I don’t die until the end…

 

Anyway enough blabbering. My classes ended a lot earlier than expected since my entire school went down. Final exams all got canceled and summer break started. These chapters might start getting longer during break time, they might not. Only time will tell... My arm hurts.

14