Chapter 31: Gate Detector
414 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This is a map of the area between Yuhsar and Breali,” explained Guardon after he set down the map on the desk, “There are no cities in between, but a couple of towns here and there. The reason why so many people come to Yuhsar is because there is another city at the shore of the ocean, and people come through here as a checkpoint.”

 

“Without that city near the shore, this city would probably not even exist,” added Fedi, “We are also one of the most heavily guarded cities since we are simply surrounded by monsters too. The city at the shore has the ocean on one side, so they only need to defend the other side.”

 

“Why wasn’t this city in the history books then?” asked LisiA.

 

The history book included many things, but this city wasn’t included within despite how many people went through, and the amount of trading that went on.

 

“Truth to be told, this city was created just last year,” said Guardon, “The prophecy happened to come out just a few months after this city was built. We almost immediately understood that the prophecy was talking about this city since this city is one of the only ones with such walls.”

 

“One year and it became this populated?” Aumo was surprised.

 

“Trust me, I was surprised too,” said Guardon, “I thought that nobody would choose to live in a city that was in the middle of nowhere, connecting two cities, but here we are today after just one year.”

 

“Enough with that, we need to explain the map to them,” said Fedi, “And don’t forget the item that was given to us by one of the adventurers that was near one of those doors.”

 

“I almost did forget...,” said Guardon, “Now the route is simple. This road leads straight to Breali, but you two aren’t going straight to Breali since you two need to check out those doors.”

 

Guardon pointed to one of the marks on the map, “These marks mark the doors that we have found, but we are sure that a lot more of them exist out there. We’re not sure where, but keep an eye out for these.”

 

Guardon then reached into his pocket and took out a metallic ball.

 

“An adventurer party who was escorting a merchant party said that they found this near one of those doors,” said Guardon, “It has some really small text that we can’t read on it, it’s in another language.”

 

Guardon handed the ball to Aumo and Aumo accepted it.

 

Ria suddenly reacted to the ball in Aumo’s hands.

 

I believe I know what this ball is. It’s in my database somewhere,” said Ria suddenly, “I will be disabling pain sensors, as the next thing I will need to do may trigger a lot of pain. Requesting permission for action.

 

“Uhh, go ahead?” said Aumo, “What are you going to do?”

 

Install the ball,” replied Ria, and then an arm shot out of Aumo’s shoulder, just like that time in the library.

 

This time, something was different. The ball wasn’t turned into mana, and Aumo could feel the ball going through her body.

 

This ball isn’t made of mana. I also believe that I should turn off the touch sensors too.

 

Then the feeling disappeared. Turning off all touch and pain sensors was unsurprisingly more potent than a human getting anesthetics injected into their body.

 

While Ria was working away, Fedi and Guardon looked at Aumo.

 

“Did Androids have arms in their shoulders?” Fedi asked Guardon.

 

“The last time I checked, there wouldn’t be enough space,” replied Guardon.

 

LisiA wasn’t surprised at all. She instead appeared to be thinking of some things.

 

------------- 

 

After a while, a ding noise came out of somewhere. 

 

“Why a ding noise,” commented Aumo, as it came out of her body.

 

That sphere was a type of container. I opened it up and inside was what the database called a Gate Detector. Those doors may be what my database refers to as Gates. That ding noise was an indication that it has been installed properly,” explained Ria, “This Detector will now show up under Upgrades in your status.

 

“Ria, wouldn’t you be able to scan this map?” asked LisiA, “And possibly mark the Gates?”

 

Yes. Speaking of which, I believe I forgot to include the Map function under Upgrades,” replied Ria.

 

So that’s why there’s a question mark next to None when I checked that one time, thought Aumo to herself.

 

“Wait, does that mean that if you forget something, the status screen will reflect it?” asked Aumo.

 

Yes,” replied Ria.

 

How straightforward.

 

“What is this status screen you speak of?” asked Guardon.

 

Something that shows the estimated durability and mana capacity of something. Don’t worry too much about it. It is not important,” replied Ria.

 

“Alright then,” said Guardon, “But that still sounds somewhat useful.”

 

“Now, I believe that everything that needs to be done here is finished,” said Fedi, “It’s still pretty early in the morning. Do you two think that you can set out today?”

 

“There’s no problem with that,” replied LisiA, “Our room registration for the inn expired today too.”

 

They registered just enough days to try everything on the menu. It was just a big coincidence.

 

“If that’s the case then I will prepare everything that Breali needs. It will most likely take around 2 hours,” said Fedi, “So, I don’t know, go find something to do?”

 

The four left the room, and each went to do what they had to do. Except LisiA and Aumo didn’t really know what to do for 2 hours.

 

“Shall we finish exploring the Mall this time?” asked LisiA.

 

They apparently haven’t finished exploring the Mall yet.

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 170

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Mana Item Storage, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

 

Upgrades: Map, Gate Detector


 

No, there won’t be another Mall chapter. 

 

Anyway, the ideas that I got kinda came up when I thought of Breath of the Wild. The Gates idea came all the way back from the Monster Inc movie. However, as this is a LitRPG in a sense(is it really?), those doors will most likely lead to dungeons of some sort. I’m thinking of using something like simulation rooms in those doors, and defeating monsters within will grant XP as they won’t drop cores. At the end of the simulation dungeons, there will be a fragment of some item that can be used as upgrades.

 

The doors in a region that are near each other would in a sense piece together to be one item, and those items would in a sense help the MC defeat the robots? I don’t really know. Give me some of your thoughts. At the moment I’m not even sure how I came up with these city names. I think they’re all puns that are so messed up that they don’t even look like puns anymore. While you are at it, give me some names for the dungeons. There can’t be too many though, since this isn’t a game, and more dungeons and more stupid items will just be more work for me.

 

Oh and also, how would they travel? Will they just run around or should they use a vehicle? There are currently no cars. Maybe they’re still getting designed or something.

12