Prologue
1.9k 10 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rumble

Crackle

The gloomy clouds rumbled as they covered the sun. The dark clouds loomed over the city and drop by drop, rain started pouring down.

Chap

Chap

Chap

The sounds of water splashing could be heard as a dark figure ran on the wet road. His expression fierce and his eyes bloodshot. Behind him, a group of people in a khaki coloured uniform chased after him.

Meanwhile, the surrounding public retreated in fear and their expressions showed their panic and anxiousness.

"Why is there a group of police chasing after a man?" A short guy, whose skin is tanned due to the ruthless Indian summer, spoke and took out his smartphone.

"Gotta record this!" Even the torrential rainstorm couldn't stop the eagerness of the man to capture a good story on his smartphone. After all, sharing and forwarding these kinds of videos have long been a social trend.

Hah

Hah

Hah

"Just a little more, just a little more!" The person who is being chased looked extremely haggard. His wet hair stuck on his forehead, but his eyes still remained bright.

They were still hopeful!

Even when so many police officers were chasing after him, the hope in his heart still did not reduce for a single moment.

He quickly took a turn and entered a dark alley.

"Huff, huff!"

The alley was already blocked by a wall and the man let his body support on the wall. His shoulder kept on bleeding as a bullet wound could be seen through his jacket. His legs trembled as he tried to stand straight, fearing that his last moment would be spent on falling on the ground.

"Sigh, you already knew. Why did you come here?" A faint voice spoke as a shadowy figure walked out from behind the big trash can.

Even though her wet hairs stuck on her forehead and hid her face, one could still figure out the gender of the lady because of her body structure.

"Huff, huff!" The guy kept on panting as he looked at the figure. His eyes shone even during the moment of his demise and he tried to control his breathing.

"The moment those hypocrites surrounded *gasp* me, huff... huff, I– I understood."

The man spoke slowly. His eyes burned fiercely, but it wasn't burning in rage and anger, but compassion and joy.

"So...huff, so tell me. Did you find your justice?" The man spoke as he looked towards the girl with expectant eyes. His whole figure looked desperate, but the hope in his eyes didn't diminish one bit.

Hearing his words, the woman fell silent. Her thoughts started to drift and her surroundings turned serene, as if she couldn't hear the sound of rainwater and splashes made by the footsteps of the approaching policemen.

"Justice? You already know my origin, and you still hope that I will clear your doubts?" The lady shook his head and raised her hands, pointed the barrel at the head of the man and whispered slightly.

"Still, you raised me. Let me tell you, there is no Justice, only benefits." 

The moment the man heard her words, his figure trembled and his eyes gained clarity. His expression turned joyful, as if he wasn't standing in front of a gunpoint.

"Thank—"

Bang

Thud

The bullet pierced the man's head as he fell on the ground with a blank gaze. Surprisingly, the hope in his eyes still remained.

Looking at the soulless figure, the woman's eyes turned red as the gun that took his life fell from her hands.

Slowly, tears started to form in her eyes as she clutched her chest.

"Why? Why did you have to do this?"

"I gave you my heart and my body, and you still rejected me."

"I gave you my emotions and soul, and you still didn't use me and protected me till the end."

"I betrayed you and you still remained compassionate towards me."

"I loved you with every fibre of my being and yet you still made me kill you."

"You are so cruel! So cruel!"

The lady wept and wept, her voice and tears suppressed by the downpour.

"There she is!"

"Capture her! She knows the information about the codes!"

"President wants her alive! Don't use guns."

The female looked at the approaching policemen and her eyes flickered. 

"On one side, my lover caused me grief, but he still saved me from the poisonous hands of my father. He taught me that there is no justice, only eternal benefits."

Her hand quickly held the gun and her expression turned even more disappointed.

"For benefits, he sacrificed his own daughter, for compassion, he saved me. Such a difference!"

"Let me accompany you again, Kamal!" She pointed the gun at her lower jaw and pressed the trigger.

Bang!

The expression of all the policemen turned ugly as the bullet pierced her brain, killing her.

That day, various news channels were filled with the reporting about the encounter of the mass murderer Kamal and his partner Anmol.

Even the previous president, who was the ashamed father of Anmol expressed his grief and set up a conference.

But still, the last act of the duo shook the whole continent. 

A whole city was eradicated from the face of the map to destroy the nuclear codes.

Undoubtedly, this caused severe damage to the resources of the nation as well as targeted the reputation of the country.

Till now, the whole country is still in doubt about their motive.

Why would they do that?

Why would they kill hundreds of thousands of citizens to damage the country they grew up in?

Why?

11