3.Of Explanations & the Story After.
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Funny thing about this age, where we thought or still think(jumbled perception of time) that everything that happened and I mean EVERYTHING....that happened mattered.

Now our worries seem less impactful than they really are,

3.Of Explanations & the Story After

James was trying, really hard.

Really trying to make it seem like he wasn't worried, or hyper aware of the stares.

He was failing.

But there really wasn't anything he could do about it. Coz in this type of High School, there wasn't anything that was going to be said to his face or back.

They wouldn't do things to him out of spite, (self-preservation obviously) like it or not, he still had that vibe on him, the solitary wolf kinda vibe that dissuaded the young and stupid. 

There was just going to be stares, a lot of stares and distance...the respect obviously was non-existent. His 'sky-high' reputation(¼ of an Rpg game mid level mob level reputation) was also shot to bits. 

He knew it.

The people who knew about him knew it.

The rest of them either didn't care or treated him worse than they already did.

But in his own mind he didn't know this, it really mattered to him.

He continued hyperventilating.

Meanwhile...... ----.....

"Why?"

"Why what?" April this time.

"He's no one. He doesn't matter, I kinda feel like what you did would be a bad thing for him in a different way than what its intended."

"And which way would that be?" April again. 

"Honestly, you just made him popular to the people who are on your bad side. You actually made yourself seem human...or if we're getting technical, more like a bitch,anyway that will be 200$."

"Why so expensive, it was 150$ last week?" April.

"Disregarding how you managed to smoke 150$ worth of weed in a week, you bough less last week and now you're buying more so yeah."

"..." April. 

"This is your last discount, give me the 150$. Think of it as you owe me a favor." 

Then he left. 

So did April. 

And now you know. 

Loose threads/brittle chains...whatever you may call them, and that's only one. 

Maybe she was over-compensating, I don't know. 

.......---....---......

I know we all would like to think that James realized his plight, 

He hadn't. 

He was still in his delusion, 

And frankly I felt like punching him...but...its fine. 

Not important anyway. 

James had a mark on him, and a subtle one at that, where...you already know what it means. 

But if you don't, whoever is important will pay attention, whoever isn't...won't. 

Anyway, by the end of the day he was overwhelmed by his own thoughts, he just felt tired. 

So he went straight home, and he found her...on the corner like 50 feet away from his house. 

"..." James. 

He looked around, making sure that no one was around. 

There wasn't,

No one cared, but he didn't know that. 

"Why are you next to my house?" James

"I'm on a mission from the government." Lego bat girl. 

'Is she an idiot, one of those people who live inside their own heads?' James thought to himself. 

He stood there looking at her and... 

....was totally unimpressed. 

I mean she was kind of cute, with the leather high-waisted shorts with the fishnet stockings, black boots and a black shirt. 

She was cute, that was if you disregarded her behavior and if she was a person you would just see across the street and never talk to. 

But to James, she was almost cute, that's if he disregarded how she looked like she was either 11 or 12 and going through a pre-pubescent phase of rebellion. 

He wasn't into her or anything her look represented but apart from her immature looks and or behavior I don't see anything to complain about. 

"And my mission, should I have chosen to accept it was to drive away idiots and bullies from the neighborhood." 

Lego bats. 

"Go frolic elsewhere with Tom Cruise, I don't know where you got your info from but its obviously fake and misguided, whoever you are." James. 

He was right...partly. 

James wasn't a bully. 

An idiot though. 

"...um! You don't know who I am??" Lego bats' was incredulous and kind of slack jawed, it was as if she expected James to know who she was. 

"You're not really known, not that I asked but I don't know who you are and now that I have heard you talk, with a straight head, I don't actually think that you're more of an adult than I am, probably even younger." James. 

"..."  Lego bats. 

"I had a weird day, so excuse me Lego bats but I really need to chill out in the house away from all this," he said, waving his hands about. 

Then his mom pulled up across the driveway, back from work. 

"Oh, you have a friend today...I have waited too long for this day. Introduce me." Ms O'Connell. 

"I don't know who she is, she's just leaving" James attempted to signal her to leave, she wasn't paying attention. 

Suddenly he felt a vice-grip on his shoulder, he turned around and saw the smiling face disguising the killing intent behind it. 

He was familiar with this look, the look that was to be interpreted as, 'do you want to die? This is one of the joys of parenting, meeting your child's friends who has been hidden from you...just you wait!' or at least that's what I interpreted. 

James' interpretation was worse, 'it has been a long time since you've chosen death, why choose it now.' 

"Mom,this is LEGO Bats, LEGO Bats this is my mother." 

"..." LEGO 

"..." Ms O'Connell. 

0