Chapter 53 Battle at Stohess (1)
425 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next-Day…

Vincent woke up like usual. Vincent did his morning routine, and took a shower, before joining Boris in standing in the Hallway, since the officers summoned them.

As he walks down the stairs and joins the rest. Hitch notices his arrival and says,

"Ohh, Vincent, did you get another abs from your training?"

Vincent didn't bother to answer and just stand in the hallway, waiting for the arrival of the officer.

Hitch didn't back down, and kept talking to Vincent, as Boris whispered, "Shut up, Hitch."

An officer then began walking towards them, as they saluted. 

"Don't bother." The Officer said that, as Vincent dropped down his hand. The officer then began telling their mission.

"Today you'll be doing something other than your usual chores. That's why I ordered you to assemble here." The Officer said that as he looked at the paper in his hand, and began reading it in a tired manner.

"A unit from the Survey Corps has been summoned by the King. They're passing through the city's main street today. Escorting them to the capital is Military Police HQ's responsibility, so we only need to accompany them as they pass through town. The use of ODM Gear will be temporarily permitted within city limits. You will guard the convoy in tandem with their own security. You'll travel by barge to the mission starting point." The Officer said that in a manner that he didn't want any part of it. 

Hearing the officer, Vincent began to think.

'Just like the letter has said. Hopefully, they will appear and will prevent Eren from dying or else… I have to personally do it. Even though I will not do it personally. Anyway… I hope they appear. I still didn't know where's and who's the Founding Titan.' As Vincent thought of that, on his side, Marco said after the officer finished reading the mission.

"May I ask a question?"

"Hm, what?"

"What are we protecting the convoy from?" Marco said that, as the officer looked away from the paper and looked directly at Marco. As Marco continued speaking.

"I'm unaware of any people within this Wall who'd oppose the King. Even if we've overlooked some petty criminals, truly organized opposition would be unimaginable, unless they had a stronghold outside the Wall. Why would anyone even try to suck a thing in the first place?" Marco said as the officer walked towards him, while saying.

"Oh, well aren't you clever?" He said that, as he pushed the mission/responsibility to Marco and said, "I'm putting you in charge. The details are all here." Marco received the paper stunned as he looked at the officer.

The guy then began walking towards the door, and opened it, as he said, "We officers are really busy. You can handle these yourselves," he opened the door and looked back at Marco one last time and said, "Just don't screw it up." And began walking towards the officers inside the room who's busy playing cards.

… .

"Those damn bastards!" Marco said that in the Military Police open area.

"Right… The Military Police are even more rotten than I imagined. That's why I picked it, but still… They force us rookies to handle everything. I didn't expect that." Hitch said that in exasperation, as Vincent looked at them. He looked towards Marco, the person in charge of their mission, and saw his face quite angry too, as he heard him say.

"Scumbags. They can't think of anything but themselves. F*cking scumbags." Marco said that and gritted his teeth in anger. 

"What are you talking about, Marco?" Boris said that to Marco, "You joined the Military Police too. You're no better."

Marco then looked towards Boris and glared as he said, "I'm not the same. I'm not scum like you guys. I came here to correct the Military Police!"

*clap* *clap*

"Impressive, Marlo! So that's how you roll?" Hitch said that after clapping. 

"And how will you fix things?" Boris said that and looked at Marlo, like he's some delusional guy.

"I'll have to work my way to the top. When I'm in charge, I will enforce the rules and punish corruption. It's that simple," Marlo then looked at his fist and clenched it, "I'll make the Military Police a place for normal people again. That's all. The way humans are meant to be!"

Vincent looks at this Marlo guy interestingly, since he looks like a 3rd rate superhero, who will die in his first encounter with a villain.

Hearing this, Hitch drops to the ground as she laughs, "Ahahaha. Holy sh*t, you're the real deal! Here I thought you were a total bore! So sorry!"

Boris looked at the laughing Hitch in exasperation and said as he looked at Marlo, "What a noble goal you have. Do your best."

Vincent looked at Marlo, and said, "Give me the mission. I'll take in charge from now on."

Boris looked at Vincent stunned and said, "Huh? Seriously, you're helping him, Vincent?"

"Well, I don't particularly do this to help him. I just don't want to get scolded, that's all." Vincent said that as he looked at Marlo.

"Are you perhaps shy, Vincent?" Hitch said that and looked at Vincent. 

Hearing Vincent, Marlo looked at him, and said, "You don't have to help me. I can do this simple thing."

Vincent hearing this couldn't help but be tired of talking to this guy, "All right, future commander. Give me the Paper already." 

Vincent said that and walked towards Marlo, and snatched the paper easily.

"Oi! Don't casually grab things."

Vincent ignored him and looked at the mission and read the details, and said, "Let's move out!"

… .

Leading the Team, Vincent then began telling their duties.

"The convoy will pass through the outer gate in 45 minutes. Once we're there, everyone confirms your designated positions."

Vincent said that and stopped, as he looked in front of him. Marlo notices this and asks, "What's wrong? Got a problem? If you can't lead then, let me." 

Vincent looked at Marlo beside him and pointed ahead of him.

"Aren't those ours?" Marlo looked at people from the Military Police selling weapons from the person in front of them.

"Even so, having the merchants involved is unusual. What are they up to?" Marlo asks that, but to Vincent, everything is clear. These guys sell weapons for money, simply.

And Vincent was right, as they saw the Merchant gave the Officers a pouch full of money.

Seeing this, Marlo was angered and said, "They're selling our emergency backups?!"

He then approached them, seeing this, Boris said, "Wait, what about the mission?" 

Hearing this, Vincent looked at him and said, "Hmm, we will continue after this… Let's just see what Marlo will do?" Boris looked at Vincent like he saw something new.

Hitch hearing this looked at Vincent and said, "Huh, I didn't know you're quite a mischievous fellow."

Vincent looked sideways at Hitch and didn't bother to reply, and looked ahead of him.

Check out my Patrèon!

link ->https://www.pa treon/CanYouMakeItClear

Patrèon Deals!

● $15 Ymir Fritz Patrèon Tier

•20 Advanced Chapters

•many more

● $10 Royal Family Patrèon Tier

•15 Advanced Chapters

•many more

● $5 Titan Shifter/s Patrèon Tier

•10 Advanced Chapters

•many more

6