Chapter 4: Aftermath
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, the boys woke up from the large bed they shared and instantly noticed more changes in their bodies. Their arms were now covered with marks(tattoos) that crept up to their heart and their backs.
.
This discovery caused Miko and Hyde to scream at the top of their lungs. Running to their mother in the next room with sparkles in their eyes, they broke through the door.
Jumping onto her bed, they could only see their father lying down with his eyes shut tightly as he embraced Rose's crescent amulet.

Meanwhile, Demios sat confused in his bed as he continued to ponder over his mother's words, making him oblivious to the marks on his body.

"I should go ask her why she said something like that, but would she even tell me the truth? Can I even trust her words? I mean I couldn't ask her yesterday because of... because of ... what was, is it? hold on why can't I remember anything besides that conversation yesterday?" Scratching his head "What happened after that conversation? I wasn't that tired after the bath, right?" Throwing his blanket on the floor, Demios casually walked towards the door.

"Dad! Mum's disappeared!" Hyde shouted as he shook his lifeless father, his voice passing through the house's walls.

"She's probably with Frey or Aunty," Demios replied.

"No, that's not it, "Miko muttered.

Pinching Hyde to face him "Ow!" They could both see a tear coming down their father's eye.

"Dad, why are you crying?" Miko asked, reaching for his father's face to wipe the tear away. But before his hand could touch his fathers face, both him and Hyde were picked up by their Uncles and taken out of the room.

"Hey what's going on?" Demios asked, seeing Hyde and Miko fighting their Uncles shoulders.

"Demios follow us," Frey replied, holding onto Miko's lips while Black held Hyde's lips.

~~~

Grey pov

I'm pathetic... a waste of creation, a waste of space, just utter garbage, why was I even created? As a man, I should be the leader of this family, the one that provides and takes care of them but instead, they are the ones sacrificing themselves for me, taking care of my wellbeing. Even after getting all this strength, power and money to pay the debt I owe them, I'm useless when it matters most. I am so pathetic! My wife is out there protecting us from harm while I am here fighting myself again.

Don't you dare cry! I promised myself that I would never cry again, that I would not bring shame to myself or to my family, I have to be the role model, right? The leader... So, can someone please tell me how to stop these tears? What do I need to do? Who do you need me to fight? I will do anything to stop this feeling in my chest! It's heavy! It hurts!

Argh! For fuck's sake, why can't anything I do go right, I try and try again only to be put back into this place. I'm just trash, just utter trash, no wonder Rose left it till now to tell me all this we wouldn't be in this situation if I wasn't so useless, what can I do to fix this?

If only there were a way to reverse time,
~~~

*Bang*Bang*

Their steps grew heavy as snow began to fall around them as little snowflakes rested on the brother's bare skin. The cold winds increasing in pace, causing Demios to grit his teeth as he quickly closed the gap between the group and him.

"Hey, how far are we going?" Demios asked puling Frey's coat.

"Just a little further," Black muttered transforming into a large black bird as he flew amongst the trees with Hyde lying on his back.

"Black that's dangerous," Frey cried out.

"Are you growing old Frey, I already knocked the boy out" Black replied nonchalantly.

Holding Demios's hand on his left and carrying Miko on his right shoulder. Frey guided them both through the forest, with the group now noticeably a reasonable distance away from their home. The burning sun hid amongst the snowfall giving the group a healthy glow as the winds grew more frantic.

"Why do we need to go so far?" Demios asked.

"Because it's going to happen soon," Frey replied coldly as he glanced back at their hideout.

"What is going to... Oh what the... Dad?" Demios said, blinking uncontrollably.

White shadows flooded the area around them, with all of them sharing similar features to Grey. However, they all had daggers in each hand as they slowly walked in the direction of their home.

"But why?" Demios muttered.

"Come with me child, hurry! before they recognise your scent." Frey threw Demios onto his shoulder and ran through the forest.

Greys breathing more erratic as he held onto the wall, clutching his chest, Grey desperately cried out. Still, no words could be heard as more and more mist entered the house, covering him and everything in the house in a cloud of white.

Banging his heart to work a tube that connected his heart to oxygen, Grey could see the tube decaying at an even faster rate. So, he sucked in some of the white mist and replaced the tube with a bridge of white mist.

"Someone, please help me, "Grey cried out, tears in his eyes.
~~~~
Seeing a dazed Hyde, sitting in front of a fire Frey sighed as he said "That fool is probably crying out for help again,"

"Remember the first time I witnessed his illness, I ran and tried to help him like a fool, "Black spat.

"Yeah, and you almost died because of it," Frey laughed.

"If you had warned me, i..." Black viciously glared at Frey.

"I did, and you thought you knew better, so who's fault was it really?" Frey said coldly.

Contemplating for a moment, Black eyes shone before he grew in size from that of royal albatross to that of a lion. His wings covered in golden symbols and his feathers shimmering with a metallic glow.

Dropping Demios and Miko to the ground, Frey eyes also shone in a crimson light before he transformed from his elegant human appearance.

To that of a ravenous beast with giant wings, a body of a lion a tail of a dragon and the head of a puma. All-around Frey's white and blue fur, mysterious writing could be seen in the symbols around his white draconic wings.

"Oh, look at you, turning into a monster, it has been a while since we had some fun, Mr Chimera." Black smiled, his teeth shining in murderous light.

"We need to move a little further... we are still in range," Frey said a little commanding.

The air thinning around them as the brother's clutched their chests in disarray. The intoxicating smell of the mist corroding their eyes.

"Wow!" Miko's eyes widened as Frey's body began to blend with the snowfall.

"Hey kid, he only looks cool in the snow, but I look cool in any weather, remember that!" Black shouted, seeing Mikos reaction.

Waking up from his daze, Hyde could see his uncles squaring off and to his side, his brothers sitting stupefied by the scene before them.

"No! No! No! Wait for a second," Demios shouted, walking towards his brothers.

"Kid don't get involved, we're busy, "Black replied coldly.

"Demios don't come any closer," Frey added.
Glancing at them both, Demios thoughts spiralled, but he instinctively bit his lip and walked right in between the two, only for blood to trickle down his lips as he stood frozen.

"These fucking kids don't listen, now we have to wait for him to wake up, "Black spat, turning into his human form once again.
"Stressful bunch," Frey sighed as he also turned into his human form before taking a seat in front of the fire.

"I'll get the food," Black grumbled.

"Demios!" Hyde cried out, attempting to make a run for his motionless brother.

"Only now you react, *sigh* sit down you fool," Frey dragged Hyde down next to him, glancing at Miko coldly.

Nodding his head in response, Miko asked meekly: "What happened to mum?"

"Nothing much, she just left us for good," Frey said calmly "She even took your aunty with her,"

Their eyes widened "We had an aunty!" Miko and Hyde shouted.

"Oh, she didn't reveal herself to you guys, but she was always next to you three, how strange," Frey cupped his chin "Anyways since your mothers left, your father's illness came back again," Frey grumbled.

"What is an illness?" Hyde asked.

Looking at the confused faces of the two brothers, Frey slapped his head as he remembered their age "My apologies, I forgot you boys were younger than you look, an illness is a bad thing that affects the body or mind, and your father developed a really bad one,"

Tears in his eyes Miko muttered, "Is he going to be alright?"

"Yeah, he should be" Waving his hand "it's something that happens when his emotions are out of control,"

"So why is Dad upset?" Hyde replied, pulling on Frey's hand.

"I told you didn't I, your mother left, "Frey's voice rose.

"But mum goes out all the time, "Miko screamed.

"Lower your voice," Frey replied coldly "Your mother has left for good, you will never see her again, imagine she's dead,"

"Huh?!" Miko and Hyde stared into each other's eyes with both of them seeing their reflection in them.

"I don't believe you," Demios shouted, charging towards Frey.

Placing his palm on Demios's forehead, Frey stopped his momentum, leaving Demios to only breathe in the cold air as he desperately reached for Frey.

"It's the truth," Frey calmly said while thinking "So initially they thought she went out to train, that's, why they didn't, react when I said their mother left them, how strange. So, this is how human children think..."

Hearing his calm voice utter those words Miko hugged Hyde as they both embraced each other with tears and screams of pain. Seeing this, Demios took a step back to release himself from Frey's hand and quietly embraced both his brothers as tears also trickled down his eyes.

Their tears and screams lasted hours before Black, who had grown impatient shouted: "Shut it!"

Glaring at their Uncle black with tears in their eyes, Frey quickly added "I might as well teach you boys about Orbis and your bloodlines,"

0