Arc 1 Chapter 97 – Breakup message
440 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time the eldest Cordia sibling, Noah’s sister, handled all of the work assigned to her, the day had already turned into night. Her healing powers had been squeezed dry, leaving her utterly exhausted self, stumbling on her way to the employee lounge.

Her glassy eyes lit up when she saw the vacant sofa as if seeing a great benefactor. Without further ado, she slumped into the comfy goodness, intending to briefly rest her tired body before hauling herself home. However, as soon as her head touched the sofa, she ended up inadvertently dozing off. When she finally snapped out of it, the time on the wall showed several hours had already passed.

She sat up in a fluster, her abrupt actions making the quilt covering her slide off. In a daze, she gazed towards the soft blanket which she did not remember covering herself with.

Ah, Shaw must have seen her embarrassing state and considerately fetched a blanket. What a mature, thoughtful gentleman! Tsk, unlike her man-child of a fiancé who couldn’t even take care of himself properly, let alone others.

She shook her head helplessly, and solemnly decided not to take any more emergency calls for the time being. She didn’t care if the world was crumbling; let some other Healer hold it up! For crying out loud, she had a wedding to attend to!

She had no intention of putting her own life on hold due to work! Nor making her loved ones worry for her!

She rubbed her red eyes and looked towards the communicator on her wrist that was blinking red.

Sigh~

It only blinked red if there were many missed calls and received messages. She shouldn’t have gotten so caught up in her work! Thinking back on it, she could have at least checked it while she was shoveling lunch and dinner down her throat.

She let out another weary sigh and brought up her light screen interface.

There was indeed a flood of missed calls, messages, emails, and notifications.

Following her usual order of priority, she first checked out the messages left to her by her parents. And then, suddenly, she was covered in cold sweat. Holy shit! Out of the three closest male family members she had, two nearly lost their lives today! How come she didn’t see them on the scene? How come none of her colleagues mentioned it to her??

No, wait! She should have figured it out herself!! The accident happened near where they were supposed to meet up and even at nearly the exact time of the appointment! How did this not occur to her before!?

‘Oh! My pitiful darling little brother!!’

It must have been so painful and traumatizing for her delicate baby brother! He must be putting on a strong front now, but inside he is a trebling little lamb!! Little bro, wait! Your big sis is on the way to give you a big hug!!

As for her fiancé, who was also in the accident… meh, he would be fine. Just how many dangerous peacekeeper raids had he done in the past? And what about the countless assassination attempts he had suffered? At this point, he was treating them like a normal daily occurrence.

She even remembered going to lunch with him one time, noticing how edgy and fidgety he seemed, she had asked him what was wrong. She vividly remembered his response, “I haven’t had an attempt on my life for a while now, I am a bit uncustomed to it…” then he had looked through the window wistfully as if he was hoping a masked ninja assassin would come crashing through it. He had stared at it for a while, and then, seeing as nothing happened, he let out a heavy sigh of disappointment.

Naturally, she remembered that incident clearly because she nearly threw up blood at her fiancé’s stupi– unique hobbies.

Thus, she, justifiably, threw her fiancé to the back of her mind and, with tears in her eyes, hurried to check the messages left to her by her pitiful baby brother.

And then she stood there dumbfounded.

What did she just read?

She double-checked the sender of the message. Huuuh? This tear-jerking essay was actually sent by her baby brother??

Did his account get hacked?

How could Levi possibly be hit by this accident hard?!

Softhearted and sensitive?!? Her iceberg of a fiancé?!?

Pitiful and miserable?? Levi who?? Were they talking about the same person?!

In need of comfort?? The last time she showed concern to him over a dangerous incident, he answered her call with “What do you want?” and then treated her like she had brain damage for even considering he might need mental support!

○| ̄|_

Could it be? Her baby brother… he… did… did he hit his head?! ?

She needed to have him take a head scan ASAP!!!

Bewildered and worried out of her mind for her little bro, but still inexplicably feeling guilty towards her fiancé for reasons unknown, she went to check the message her fiancé left her.

"The engagement is off. I won't marry you. From this moment on, we are over and done in all ways possible.

P.S. I'm changing the bride of the arranged marriage to your brother."

Astar Levi’s now ex-fiancée blankly stared at the breakup message for a good couple of minutes.

At first, the shock and disbelief made her eyes widen into saucers, and her heart skip a beat.

Then she couldn’t help but rub her eyes vigorously, but when she put her hands down, the message was still the same.

She eyed her light screen skeptically, then slapped herself. Ouch! …definitely awake.

The slap stung, but at least it made her fully wake up. The stalled cogs in her head started to function properly again. Her eyelid started twitching, and she grabbed her head in misery.

So that’s why her little brother made a big deal in his message!

Her man-child of a fiancé was throwing a tantrum again!! And she was nowhere to be found, leaving her pitiful baby brother to handle her unreasonable man-child of a future husband! No wonder she felt that the message her baby brother had left her was filled with outrage and indignation! No wonder her baby brother so pitifully and desperately encouraged her to “hurry back home to comfort her hubby”!

Oh, her pitiful baby brother!! Not only did he have a terrible accident, but he had even been left all alone to deal with this unexpected catastrophe that was Astar Levi! QAQ

And what was her fiancé unhappy about this time? The fact that she didn’t rush to him when he asked to see her earlier? Or the fact that she “stood him up” on that lunch appointment?

She should have seen it coming! She had forgotten how self-absorbed her fiancé could be!

Astar Levi had trouble empathizing with people and always put his own needs before the needs of others. If one inconvenienced him or did him wrong, he wouldn’t magnanimously shrug it off. No, he'd throw a tantrum and most certainly get payback. An adult man in a position of power, yet as petty as a child! ಥ‿ಥ

And the worst thing about it– stifling helplessness rose up in her chest –was that she could do nothing about it!

Astar Levi couldn’t be reasoned with while in the middle of a tantrum. The only course of action anyone, including herself, could take was to leave him to cool off by himself.

Now she couldn’t even go back home knowing that one wild Levi was waiting for her there! If she came back now, before he had the time to sleep off his grouchiness and get over his tantrum, she’d just be asking for abuse. And not only would she not help her bro in any way, but she’d even curse everyone in the manor to be unable to have a good night’s rest!

Noah’s sister let out a bitter smile, looking very wretched.

‘Sigh~ When you get yourself a husband, you are not actually becoming a wife but a mother…’ 〒▽〒

The precious daughter of the city lord stood in the empty employee lounge, with unshed tears in her eyes, looking forlorn.

She bitterly gazed down at the sofa.

‘Hello, sofa. We meet again.’ ಥ‿ಥ

‘Thanks, Shaw, for the blanket… ? I owe you one…’

4