Arc 1 Chapter 104 – Have you fallen in love recently?
417 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing her brother’s tone that seemed to hold genuine happiness, this sister didn’t know what to say. Her throat, for some reason, felt really tight, so she pressed the glass of water back to her lips, sipping it slowly to calm her nerves.

Meanwhile, her little brother continued, “Brother-in-law is really easy to get along with!” – Noah remembered the last few days and how, whenever he suggested they go somewhere, the only response he had gotten from his brother-in-law was immediate agreement – “Not picky about food or places where to go or anything really! So very agreeable and accommodating! Ah, brother-in-law is so good!”

Noah’s speech was interrupted by the sound of spitting, followed by intense coughing coming from the other side, “Sis? Are you alright??”

Sister, who had tears rolling down her cheeks from how hard she had just choked on her water: ‘What. The. Fuck?! Agreeable? Accommodating?! Good?!? Are we talking about the same person?!’

Was her brother messing with her?! Or was he as blind as a bat?!

No, wait! Yesterday’s incident!!

Did her little brother get brain damage?!? ?

After settling her intense coughing fit, the very disturbed sister immediately sent a request for a video call. Noah accepted, and soon enough, the two were staring at each other’s face on their light screens.

The two Cordia siblings were as if made from the same beautiful mold. They had the same light skin color, pink lips, and large eyes. They even had the same light brown hair, the only difference being its length – Noah’s hair reached past his ears while his sister’s reached the middle of her back. Both of them also had eyes of a similar shade, though Noah’s were bright honey-colored, while his sister’s had more of a smokey quality to it.

The eldest Cordia sibling scanned her brother’s genuinely worried face and couldn’t find any pretense or sarcasm anywhere in sight. It was also worth noting that his eyes seemed to be working fine. Also, he didn’t seem as if he was missing brain cells – at least outwardly.

“You… you were saying… Levi… is nice and agreeable and accommodating?” A shudder went through the woman’s body just at using those adjectives in the same sentence as ‘Levi’.

Noah, reminded of where he had left off, immediately nodded, then chuckled charmingly, “Who knew, right? He looks so intimidating, but actually, he is pretty adorkable!”

Another shudder ran through the poor sister’s body at the word used to describe her very uncute fiancé. Then she remembered yesterday’s tear-jerking essay filled with crap such as Levi being sensitive and in need of support. It couldn’t actually be…?! Her brother was actually being serious when he wrote all that BS?!

He wasn’t frustrated because of dealing with Levi, but indignant on his behalf?!

( ꒪Д꒪)

‘Who are you, and what have you done with my baby brother?!’

‘No, no, no, calm down! There must be a reasonable explanation for all this! Like…’

‘Levi must have started taking some groundbreaking new medicine!’ ?

Ah! That shit must be the bomb! She must find out who made it so she can give them a hefty anonymous donation for their great contribution to society!

That being said… The eldest Cordia squinted her eyes and scrutinized her brother’s image through the light screen. Noah had intended to praise Levi some more, but he paused when he noticed his sister giving him a strange look, “What?”

“Say, little bro…” His sister’s already squinted eyes squinted even more, “Have you fallen in love recently?” ‘Ah, you are really glowing! I can’t look at you straight!’

“No!” Noah’s chin dropped open. ‘What’s the matter with you, sis?! We were talking about brother-in-law one second, and now we are talking about my love life?! Can you not jump topics like this?!’

Blackie, ‘Heh. What if I told you she is not jumping topics at all?’ (¬‿¬)

“Don’t be shy; you can tell sis!” His sister’s beautiful face blossomed with a huge smile, her eyes curving in a similar way as his own, “Is it a girl, or is it a boy?”

Noah, who was in the middle of helplessly denying it, choked on his saliva upon hearing her second sentence. ‘Oi, oi!! Is that a thing one would normally ask after finding out their brother is into someone?!?’

Seeing Noah’s reaction to the question, the eldest Cordia revealed a knowing smile, “It’s a boy, right?” Then she nodded to herself proudly, “I always had a feeling it would be a boy, ah!” Then, she giggled conspiratorially and gazed at her little brother with glittering eyes filled with indulgence, “Quick, tell me, tell me, who is it? Shaw? Case? Fynn?” The more she spoke, the more excited she became, “Or is it that new handsome bodyguard I– ahem, ahem – dad picked for you?”

She jumped in place and struck the palm of her left hand with her right fist like a hammer, “It must be the new guy, right?!”

Noah, who was at this point on the brink of tears, ‘Sis… Can we not have this conversation?!?’ QAQ

“I already told you, I am not into guys, or anyone, for that matter!” With cold sweat rolling down the sides of his face, Noah desperately interrupted his sister’s train of thought from proceeding any further. “Have you talked to Levi yet? He has been looking for you.”

With the mention of her killjoy of a fiancé, who was currently throwing a tantrum, the woman’s excitement screeched to a stop. “I’ll talk to him, don’t worry about it…” She laughed evasively, then she remembered the reason why she had called her little brother in the first place. “It’s not anything important; Levi just wants to talk to me about the bachelor party. We previously agreed not to hold those parties, so…” She trailed off, subtly asking for an explanation for the sudden change of plans.

“Ah!” Noah immediately jumped to defend his brother-in-law, even though no one was attacking the man in the first place, “It was my idea! You know how you’ve been working overtime because of those power rampages? Well, brother-in-law and I have been working on catching the perpetrators. Brother-in-law is not really throwing a bachelor party; it’s just a ploy we set up to lure the terrorists into the open.”

“Oh!” the woman exclaimed in realization. It all made sense now! Now, THAT sounded exactly like her fiancé! He abhorred parties with a passion, but if having one would further his goals, he would most certainly have it. He would not hold a bachelor party for the sake of a bachelor party, but if it was for the sake of completing his work… Yep, yep, very Levi-like thing to do.

“Wait, wait, wait, wait! Are you guys putting yourself in danger by doing this?!” After getting over the initial realization, this very protective elder sister immediately found an issue with what she had just heard.

“No, of course not! How would I allow brother-in-law to put himself at risk?” Noah impishly flicked his tongue, “How would I explain myself to you if he missed the wedding due to an injury?”

His sister’s eyebrow twitched at his teasing several times, then her mouth pressed together into a pout. “He is not the one I’m worried about,” she mumbled grouchily.

“I know, I know, but trust me, both of us will be just fine and in perfect condition for the wedding,” Noah spiritedly vowed, his eyes confident and his fists raised.

The eldest Cordia sibling was about to protest again, but at that moment, she heard a familiar voice from the other side.

“Finished packing yet?” Levi’s voice could be heard from the door of the bedroom.

5