Arc 1 Chapter 128 – Do you think I am as delusional as Astar Levi?!
328 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fynn rolled his eyes, “Your boss is an SS-ranked Soother. Who can force himself on him? If anyone even tried, the only thing they’d get would be a one-way trip to the hospital. You think your little master’s mental punches aren’t powerful enough?”

Trey protested, “He is still recovering–“

“Yes, but he is not crippled,” Fynn tsked, “His head might hurt a bit afterward, but if the need arises, he can still do his famous one-hit knockout no problem.”

Trey gritted his teeth, “He wouldn’t. He is too gentle; he wouldn’t want to hurt–“

“That’s not quite right,” Fynn once again gave Trey no chance to finish his sentence. “It’s true that he wouldn’t use reverse soothing on Astar Levi. But not because Aris is too gentle, but because hurting Levi is less acceptable to Aris than getting his tofu eaten.”

Fynn gave Trey a meaningful look, however, the other didn’t seem to understand his implied meaning, “If you know that, why are you still not saying anything to Aris? Aren’t you his friend?! How can you just wash your hands of the matter?” The more Trey spoke, the more agitated he got. “You are an Intenter! If it was you who exposed Astar Levi’s nefarious intentions then–“

“It’s because I am his friend and Intenter that I am not saying anything.” Fynn rubbed his aching temples. “Telling Aris that his brother-in-law is in love with him would not bring about an outcome you are thinking of. Sure, Aris would be shocked and embarrassed. Probably a bit angry and confused too. But ultimately, would he distance himself from Levi?”

Fynn paused, his calm eyes locking with Trey’s upset ones, “Not a chance.”

Trey opened his mouth several times, but no words came out.

“You know how understanding and open-minded Aris is,” Fynn continued. “Not only would telling him the truth not keep him away from Levi but on the contrary, it would make the entire matter boil over faster and make him more upset than he would have been had he found out later.”

Fynn let Trey soak in his words for a while, then added, “Besides, the only reason why Levi is keeping his paws to himself right now is exactly because Aris isn’t aware of his feelings. Once the cat is out of the bag, there will be nothing stopping his aggressive pursuit. And I truly mean nothing. The only one capable of stopping Astar Levi is Aris himself. But with the level of indulgence he has towards Levi, do you really think he would stop him?”

“He would!” Trey insisted, “Young master is honorable and upright; he would never have something with his own brother-in-la–“

Trey abruptly halted his speech noticing the strange gaze of his conversation partner.

“You…” Fynn mulled over his words, “You can’t still be thinking that Levi will be marrying Aris’ sister?”

Trey’s face turned black, then green, then white, “There will be no wedding?”

Fynn’s expression grew even stranger, “Of course there will be a wedding, ah. Cordias and Astars are dead set on the union of the two cities.”

There will be a wedding between Cordias and Astars but not between Levi and Aris’ sister? Trey’s expression turned strange for a moment. ‘Then who will Levi be marr’– suddenly Trey’s eyes widened. Holy shit!!

His wide shellshocked eyes met with Fynn’s understanding ones. “That’s right. So this matter… ai… just let those involved settle it themselves…”

Let the two involved settle it themselves? Easier said than done!

The shocking revelation kept Trey restlessly twisting and turning in bed the entire night.

His young master was so, so good! To waste him on a scum like Astar Levi really left one feeling all kinds of bitter and sour!

Trey rose along with the first rays of morning light. Fynn didn’t get much sleep either, but unlike Trey, it wasn’t due to worry but because their current operation was too important, and he wished to personally supervise it as much as possible. Luckily, after many years of long hours and endless overtime, he was used to shutting his eyes for only a couple of hours.

One went for a shower, while the other just wished for the time to pass quickly so he could return to his young master’s side. Awaiting a more reasonable hour, Trey halfheartedly scrolled through some news on his communicator, sighing every couple of seconds. He was just about to let out another sigh when it got stuck in his mouth.

Fynn just got out of the shower, his long hair loose and still dripping water. The crystalline droplets slid down his naked chest all the way down to his six-pack.

Although Fynn outwardly looked as if he was on the skinny side, once the clothes were off, it was clear for all to see that he was in top form. His muscles were very well defined yet natural as if they weren’t shaped through muscle building workouts but through normal daily activities.

Trey frowned and averted his eyes. Feeling the other had something he wanted to say, Fynn carelessly glanced over. The solemn bodyguard pressed his lips tightly together, and then, finally unable to keep it in, he blurted out, “I’m gay.”

Fynn paused his movements, “Um… I figured as much?” He couldn’t help but eye the other strangely. “I’m gay too?”

Trey’s eyebrows twitched several times, “I meant, I’m gay, so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t walk around shirtless!”

“Oh,” Fynn blinked several times. Then, he deadpanned, “Don’t misunderstand, I’m not trying to seduce you.”

Trey, who had just grabbed a water bottle to wet his dry throat, choked.

“Yeah, I got that!” He snapped as soon as he managed to regain his breath. Of course his mind wasn’t going in that direction! Who’d go around seducing others while looking so disinterested?! And if the other wanted to seduce him, wouldn’t it be better to come out in only a towel?

‘You clearly have track pants on, ok?! Do you think I am as delusional as Astar Levi?!’

The two exchanged a look. Fynn stared at the other blankly, while Trey felt himself dying inside. How could an Intenter be this insensitive?!

Ah, ah, no wonder people on the internet kept saying it was 10 times better to run into an Empathizer than an Intenter! Both were totally invasive, but one of the two could at least read the mood!!

***

Not long after Noah had finished clothing himself and drying his hair, the appointed time had arrived. Their entire bodyguard entourage had shown up to protect their two masters while the hotel staff set up the place for the upcoming bachelor party. Naturally, each staff member was rigorously checked before being allowed entry to prevent Swiftrain from slipping in disguised as a staff member.

The day before yesterday, when Fynn, Noah, and Levi were planning this bachelor party, they very conscientiously did a web search on how to throw a proper bachelor party. God bless the internet! The wisdom of the netizens knew no bounds!

After looking through the list of bachelor party activities netizens had compiled, Noah suggested they use the indoor pool to freshen up the party with a nice dip, but the idea was rejected by Levi.

Are you kidding? To let his little incubus go around seducing a group of men in his little swim trunks?? He, Levi, didn't have brain damage! Why would he willingly dunk himself in a vat full of vinegar?! No – a pool full of vinegar!

I've got good news and bad news for you.
The good news is that you've now caught up with the most current SSC chapter and Scribblehub is no longer behind on chapters as opposed to other platforms.
The bad news is... well, a while back I temporarily lowered SSC's release rate to one chapter every two days. And I've yet to return it, thus from now on, unless you guys get a bonus chapter due to Tapas Ink or Ko-fi donations, chapter releases will usually be one per two days.

3