Arc 1 Chapter 145 – How could you do this?!
294 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Just let the kids solve it amongst themselves. As long as the three come to an agreement, I have nothing to say. Speaking of which…” Cordia mommy turned to tap something on her communicator.

She seemed to be calling Maery, for a short moment later, Maery’s face appeared on her light screen.

Cordia mommy scanned her ruddy-cheeked daughter and then tentatively asked, “Honey… did… did you beat up–ahem, have a talk with Levi?”

Maery snickered with her pearly white teeth on full display, “Yeah. Who would’ve thought that Levi, that block of wood would actually be set on fire by our family’s cute little dumpling!"

Astar Levi, who had been cursed out as a block of wood right in his face, “…” (눈_눈)

Astar mommy, who was still on the line and had just had her son cursed outright to her face, (*◕‿◕*)  Curse? What curse? Little Maery was just stating the truth, ah!

The two mothers let out a collective breath of relief. Phew! So the ex-bride was ok with it!

“Heh heh, everything in this world has its bane.” Maery hid her sly smile behind her hand, “You can go ahead and handle the wedding reception changes; let me break the news to my brother. Don’t worry, he’ll definitely agree!”

Maery gave her mother a confident thumbs-up, and the other responded equally as confidently with an “ok” hand gesture.

The call was hung up, and the two mothers returned to staring at each other once again.

Cordia mommy broke the awkward silence with a cough, “The two might both be men, but they look good together."

Astar mommy agreed, “They complement each other well both in looks and personality and even in their powers! My child is always tense, he could use a daily soothing, and with a Soother sleeping next to him, we’ll never have to worry about him blowing up the house again! Simply a match made in heaven!”

Cordia mommy’s eyes lit up, and her previous calm was discarded in favor of agitation, “Right! Right! After hearing he blew up your manor, I was lowkey sweating for my daughter’s future! Phew! This resolution was so timely! The two of them really do match each other perfectly! My family’s Aris could use someone a bit more assertive in his life. He really is too thoughtful to others that he is often thoughtless to himself.”

Astar mommy nodded very enthusiastically, her eyes just as bright as the other’s.

Cordia mommy slapped her thigh, “And he keeps attracting bees and butterflies. Having a fierce protector wolf guarding this little rabbit will do him good!"

Astar mommy brought her hands to her flushed cheeks, “Ah, ah! So much work to do! Wedding invitations need to be resent!”

Cordia mommy gave the other a coy look, “Already done. The new invitations should be arriving at their destinations any minute now.” Seeing the dumbfounded look on Astar mommy’s face, she elaborated, “I already had a chat with your son two days ago… Your son… ah… his intentions are so obvious… it’s only my son who doesn’t realize it!”

And that's how the marriage between Astar Levi and Cordia Aris was settled.

Without even getting the approval of the bride.

Noah, (ノ꒪Д꒪)ノ︵ ┻━┻  ‘How could you do this?! How could you settle this before asking for my opinion??’

Astar daddy and Cordia daddy, ‘What are you complaining about? Let alone consult our opinion, no one even remembered our existence!’ 〒▽〒

***

By the time Maery and Levi came out of the dining room, Noah had finished the cleanup and was starting to grow mold.

One look at their surroundings, and the fake couple felt their hearts ache. Ah, ah! It was their oversight! They left their precious darling all alone in these messy surroundings! They should have known that this sensible baby would take it upon himself to fix all the wrongs he set his eyes upon!

Feeling angry at themselves, but mostly angry at the other, the two promptly sent each other blaming glares as if to say, ‘if it weren’t for you, our chat wouldn’t have dragged on like this! Look at what your shitty temper did to my precious!’

And then, seeing their own scowls perfectly mirrored on each other’s faces, they abruptly felt goosebumps rising up their spines and quickly looked away.

“Sister… Levi and you… did you… break up, or did you get together again?” Looking at the two’s reactions, Noah felt mightily confused. When the two went in, it looked as if they might end up having a huge fight. However, they came out with satisfied smiles looking like the best of buddies, only short of putting their arms around each other’s shoulders. Yet one look at him, and suddenly they turned to give each other a stink eye as if the other was an enemy who committed a grievous crime.

Noah prided himself in having a high EQ, but, ah! For the life of him, he couldn’t tell whether these two got along well or not!! щ(゚Д゚щ)

Blackie, ‘High EQ? Heh heh. Really cute. Delusional, but cute.’

“Good brother, how about we talk about that over dinner?” Maery came up to Noah and gently took hold of his hands.

Seeing his sister looking as if she had both good news and bad news to tell him, Noah’s mouth couldn’t help but twitch, “Ah… actually, I am not that hungry; I took a bite or two off the leftovers…”

Couldn’t waste food, ah! Since there was no more party, he might as well help clean up into his stomach what he could and fridge the rest.

Maery and Levi felt an arrow pierce into their little hearts again. Ah, their precious darling forcing himself to eat leftovers all on his lonesome in a big and empty room! _(´ཀ`∠)_

They had intended to take their cabbage for a nice and cozy dinner and then tell him the news on a full stomach, but now…

Oh, woe! Oh, remorse!

Levi’s heart bled, yet he felt stumped about what to do about it now. Maery, on the other hand, was more experienced with these types of scenarios that involved human to human interactions than the loner wolf Astar Levi; thus, she quickly improvised. “How… how about the three of us go watch a movie? Your tummy will surely empty after a nice movie, yeah? And then we can have a nice chat over dinner.”

Noah looked at his sister then looked at Levi, feeling at a loss. “You don’t need to go through all that trouble for my sake. I can just watch you two eat. And if you have something to talk about, just say it outright.”

“Out of the question!” Levi immediately refuted. His heart was already full of holes; how would he be able to take a single bite with his baby sadly looking at the side?! If his baby wasn’t eating, then he wouldn’t eat either! What eating?! His utmost priority right now was pampering his baby!

However, realizing that his refusal came out sounding too court, Levi added in a softer tone,  “I mean, I am not hungry yet either.”

Maery also wasn’t willing to be the only one eating. The whole point of this dinner was to get her baby bro in a good and sated mood, so he would be more receptive to the change in arrangements. Thus, she naturally went along, “Yes, I am also not hungr–” Before she could even finish the sentence, she was interrupted by a loud growl originating from her stomach.

Noah, “…” ( •᷄⌓•᷅ )

A vein nearly popped out on Levi’s forehead, ‘This pig teammate!!’ (ꐦ °Д°)

Maery recovered from the embarrassment very quickly and thickened her face to say, “Actually... I am on a diet.” (; ゚ 3゚ )~♪

Blackie, ‘Nice save!’ ? ?

Noah, “…” ( •᷄⌓•᷅ ) ‘Am I supposed to say that she looks perfect and doesn’t need to lose weight? Or am I supposed to just stay silent and go along with her?’

Levi, “…” (・―・) ‘Such a quick recovery! …I should take notes.’

4