Arc 1 Chapter 164 – No sex before marriage!!!
252 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asan’s mother ground her teeth for a while as she inspected every word of the warrant. When she could not stall any longer, for she would be wasting her own time, she finally opened the door to the locked lab with her highest clearance. And thus, Fynn confiscated all the lab equipment, including computers with records of the experiments and a small freezer filled with mental power bullets. He then happily sealed off the area for further investigation.

How would he not be happy, yo? One look at those black bullets, and he could already tell that they had hit the jackpot!

Not just that, if their conjecture was right and those bullets could only be made by S-ranked Fluxers, that meant that if they kept an eye on those few S-ranked Fluxers, with their production of bullets cut off, the terrorists would no longer be able to cause power rampages!

One very gleeful Fynn also attempted to question one very furious CEO lady, but all he got was, “Terrorists? What nonsense! You’ll be hearing from my lawyers!”

CEO of Druxa refused to speak about the research done in that lab and the people doing it. She also had no comments on the question of how terrorists might have gotten ahold of their technology.

However, the little that she DID say was revealing enough to an Intenter of Fynn’s caliber. According to the vibes he got from her, she definitely knew much more about the research project than she let on. However, though she was intentionally hiding a lot, she also genuinely seemed to have no intention to harbor or help out terrorists in threatening the populace. She might have signed off on that research project aware of its potential as a bioweapon, but whatever potential terrorist plot happened in that lab occurred without her knowledge.

In other words, she might be a capitalistic scum, but she wasn’t a terrorist.

***

The hour drew late, and the pair of soon-to-be newlyweds had a busy couple of days ahead of them. Thus they had no intention to pull an all-nighter working on this case. After scheduling to meet early tomorrow morning, they left the rest of the proceedings to Fynn and returned back to Cordia manor to rest.

It’s just that when Noah opened his own bedroom… ‘Huuuh?? What happened to my bed?!’ ( ゚Д゚)

Behind him, Levi’s big smile was wiped away, replaced by an equally as big frown.

After what had been done this morning and with them officially becoming a couple, Levi had been especially looking forward to sleeping with his baby tonight. Yet what the hell was this?! Instead of his baby’s large fluffy bed, he was staring at a bunk bed instead!!!

Before the two could wrap their mind about the sudden interior redesign of Noah’s bedroom, Cordia daddy made his timely entrance. Like a slinking creature of nightmares, he soundlessly slid behind them with a big creepy smile, “Son. Son-in-law. Do you like the new sleeping arrangements?”

Noah and Levi, as if synchronized, stiffly turned to face this menace. Levi’s huge scowl spoke loud and clear about how much he “liked” the new arrangements, while Noah looked at this father of his with an expression of a researcher discovering a previously unknown species that, on first glance, seemed a bit retarded, “You exchanged my bed for a bunk bed? But why?” щ(゚Д゚щ)

Being questioned so directly, Cordia daddy was caught off guard for a moment. How should he explain this to his pure-minded son? This kind of thing couldn’t be spoken outright, yet if he was too subtle about it, his son wouldn’t get it.

“Two big men, sleeping on one bed…” Cordia daddy struggled to finish the train of thought. After several attempts of voicing out the remainder of the sentence, what finally came out was, “Isn’t it too crowded?”

A snort escaped both Noah and Levi at the ridiculous question.

“What do you think?” Noah suppressed the urge to roll his eyes, “If the two bunk beds were put side by side, they would still not add up to the width of the old bed! And I’m not even going to go into all the technical difficulties of sleeping in either one of the two bunks.” And let it be known that he, Noah, as a little orphan who slept in a bunk bed for his entire life, could write a dissertation on the pros and cons of bunk beds!

Noah shook his head with a facial expression that clearly spelled out, ‘Dad, what were you thinking?’

The attack power of that look proved to be too high for Cordia daddy to take!_(´ཀ`∠)_

Feeling like he had just swallowed a fly, he impulsively blurted out, “You are this big already! How can you just casually share a bed with another adult?!”

Levi, who had remained silent all this while, could no longer hold in his dissatisfaction, “How is sleeping together with my fiancé considered casually sharing a bed?”

Cordia daddy did a double-take at the question, then stared at Levi blankly for full five seconds. And then he tentatively stammered out, “Son–son-in-law… your fiancée’s room is down the hall…”

Hearing that befuddled tone, Noah’s face lit up with enlightenment. And with this realization came an abrupt feeling of delight.

So he wasn’t the last one to know after all! Noah’s two amber eyes curved in pleasure. (ಡ艸ಡ) Heh heh, there were still people who weren’t keyed in on the changes in the wedding arrangements yet!

Here, here, father, let me help you out~ (ノ*^o^)ノ*

With a sense of pride that came out of nowhere, Noah pulled up the wedding announcement on his communicator and, with a few taps, shared it to his father’s communicator.

At first, Cordia daddy wasn’t sure what he was looking at, some kind of outrageous made-up tale the media had come up with? But then he noticed that the announcement was officially issued by his daughter’s and son-in-law’s accounts and forwarded by both his wife and his in-laws!

Then the main point of the announcement finally reached him, and the color of his face went through the entire shade of the rainbow.

First came the abrupt enlightenment of what exactly had been bothering him about the relationship between his son and his son-in-law! The sense of wrongness and violation he had subconsciously felt about the two of them sleeping together was because his son-in-law treated his baby son with more gentleness and loving affection than Cordia daddy treated his own wife!

This realization gave birth to the feeling of being cheated! Not only did Cordia daddy suddenly get robbed of his lovely son, with his dreams of an equally as lovely daughter-in-law dashed, but it even came like thunder from the clear sky!

His daughter had lied to him about her relationship for 6 years, and she didn’t even mention anything about this change to him beforehand!! And even his wife had forgotten to notify him! What was he in this house – air?!? QAQ

And he, like a fool, even went through all that effort to make the two boys keep an appropriate distance…!

Cordia daddy, QAQ ‘What the fuck?! Why have I been trying so hard?! Won’t the two still end up sleeping together in three days?! Ah, ah! My custom-made bunk bed!’  ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Cordia daddy felt so choked up his face turned red.

No, wait!!! This bunk bed!!!

Instead of forcing the two boys to sleep apart, wouldn’t it have the exact opposite effect?! Making them squeeze together into one of the two beds?!? ?

What a huge blunder!!! Ah, ah! His fatherly instincts screamed danger! If left like this, his darling son’s chastity might be threatened!!! He definitely couldn’t count on that scummy son-in-law of his to keep it in his pants until marriage!!! Just look at what a big grin his son-in-law had been wearing before he saw the bunk bed! Now that he was on the right page, as a man, Cordia daddy knew exactly what the other was thinking!!!

How would Cordia daddy be able to sleep a wink with such a horrifying thought to keep him awake?! The thought that this scourge might be doing his innocent baby son just downstairs!!!

Even if that horrid occurrence was just a matter of time… Cordia daddy would be damned if he left that rogue of a son-in-law off like this!!

No sex before marriage!!! Ψ(ꐦಠ益ಠ)Ψ

6