Cultivation Ranks and Updated Character List.
3.5k 10 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So Several people have messaged me about posting an Independent post for the Cultivation rankings, so they don't have to keep remembering to go back to Chapter one to find it.

Since that's that case, I decided to take this opportunity to go ahead and post an updated Character List as well, even if it IS a little early for that. Still, I think its good to have everything Centralized like this. SO

 

Cultivation Ranks

Cultivation follows the Laws of 3s and 7s.

There are 3 Greater Realms to each Path, 7 Lesser Steps to each Realm, and 3 Levels to each Step.
Each set makes up 1 Cosmic “Path”. Only 1 Path (the Path of Cultivation) is known on the current world.

Each Lesser Step is different for each Greater Realm, however even step is broken down in to Low, High and Peak levels.

Greater Realms

Mortal Foundation – 90% of all Cultivators reside here. The Cultivator works to build their body and spirit.

  • Wood Body – The Cultivator works to strengthen their body to the strength of Wood.
  • Stone Body – The Cultivator works to strengthen their body to the strength of Stone.
  • Iron Body – The Cultivator works to strengthen their body to the strength of Iron.
  • Bronze Spirit – The Cultivator works to strengthen their Spirit till is shines like Bronze.
  • Silver Spirit – The Cultivator works to strengthen their Spirit till is shines like Silver.
  • Golden Spirit – The Cultivator works to strengthen their Spirit till is shines like Gold.
  • Shackle Breaking – The Cultivator user their own power to break the shackles of Mortal limitations and transcend into a Spiritual Cultivator.

 

Earthly Transcendent – Only 10% of all Cultivators manage to break their shackles and enter this Realm. Cultivators of this realm are the Elites and Elders of powerful sects, or Sect Leaders of more mundane ones.

  • Spiritual Awakening – The Cultivator uses their new found Spiritual Sense to learn how to manipulate and use Spiritual Energy. This is the First Awakening.
  • Elemental Dominance - The Cultivator uses their control over Spiritual Energy to shape the elements of the world to their will.
  • Core Condensing - The Cultivator begins to condense their Spiritual/Beast Core, gaining greater control over their Spiritual and Elemental Powers.
  • Soul Fusion - The Cultivator fuses their Soul with their Spiritual/Beast Core, gaining a vastly increased life span (Between 200-300 times their specie’s base lifespan). As long as their Spiritual/Beast Core remains intact, the Cultivator can heal from nearly any form of Injury, if given enough time.
  • Shedding Flesh – The Cultivator begins the process of shedding their mortal body and transform into a more spiritual/energy based one.
  • Divine Awakening – The Cultivator has competed their Second Awakening and gained a new, Energy based body. They no longer have to eat or drink and are functionally immortal, and can even rebuild their Body as long as their Spiritual/Beast Core remains.
  • Shedding Regrets - A Preparatory stage where the Cultivator transforms their Soul into a Celestial Seed. A Celestial Seed will only transform into a Celestial Spirit when tempered by a Heavenly Tribulation.

 

Firmament Breaker – The Final stage before Cultivators attempt to break the Firmament surrounding the world and enter into the Celestial Worlds above. Cultivators at this stage are often the Sect Leaders or Ancestors of powerful Sects and Nations.

  • Divine Domain – Having passed their Heavenly Tribulation, the Cultivator’s soul has transformed into a Celestial Spirit, and gained immense power. Only 1% of Earthly Transcendents ever manage to pass their Heavenly Tribulation.
  • Mountain Breaker – First of the Three Trials, Cultivators who reach this state are able to reshape the world around them to a limited degree.
  • Pure Body – Cultivators of this state have “perfected” their body. At this point, they are invulnerable to anything below Pure Body.
  • Sea Splitter – Second of the Three Trials. Cultivators in this realm are able to control fundamental forces such as Gravity, Space-Time and Souls, to a limited degree.
  • Pure Soul – Cultivators of this state have “perfected” their Celestial Spirit and transformed it into a Seed of Ascension.
  • Sky Piercer – The Final trial, Cultivators who pass are able to rewrite reality itself to some degree, and teleport by bending Space-time.
  • True Celestial - The final Stage before Ascension, the World itself has started to reject the Cultivator’s presence. At this point, they must either attempt to break through the Firmament surrounding the Planet and enter the Celestial Worlds, or be Erased from Existence.

 

Character/Organization Sheets:


Outside Forces

The Federation: Peace through War! Freedom through Conquest!”
The Third Intragalactic Federation is a conglomeration of Tens of Thousands of Worlds spanning 40% of the Milky Way Galaxy. After a long and costly war with a hyper-aggressive Hunter Species wiped out nearly 70% of all Sapient life in the Galaxy, the Third Iteration of the Federation took on a very hard handed approach to newly discovered Xenos.

With the mindset of “There can’t be any War if there’s no one to War against”, the Federation set out to Conquer and assimilates any and all worlds that could possibly spawn other such threats in the future. While some have argue that the Federation’s methods can be cruel and unreasonable, the results speak for themselves.

The Golden Age of the Third Federation has lasted for tens of thousands of years, with no sign of slowing down yet, as thousands of Sapient Species brought into the fold of Peace and Unity, even if their indoctrination isn’t the most peaceful.

Elderon: A group of humanoid creatures with three eyes and pale red skin. One of the earlier members of the Second Federation and one of Founding Members of the Third. Their entire species has astounding compatibility with the Path of the Mind.

Vidaasi: A group of large, Dragoniod like reptiles that are one of the 4 Founding Races of the Third Federation. Powerful warriors, their culture even before their integration into the Second Federation, was founded on the principles of Honor, Strength and Virtue. Those traits have served them well in the Third Federation.

 

ALPHA-555-12-4412: The Main Character and Hero(?) of our Story. A fully Sapient AI with a mouth that doesn’t know how to shut up, and a talent for causing Chaos where ever he goes. Despite his …quirks, Alpha is a dedicated Solider through and through, and knows how to separate the line between Work and Pleasure when need be (even if blowing things up is your pleasure).

While he might give the General a few headaches (ok, a lot), Alpha’s record speaks for itself, his skills on the battlefield have earned him the title of “Conqueror”.

General Uriel "Vurod" Haldorðr: Acting General of the Third Federation Expeditionary Force. An old Vidaasi who has led the Expeditionary Force for over six centuries now.Gruff, dedicated and serious, he is the perfect picture of a solider, through and through. He sees his soldiers as his children, but also knowns when to be though.

 

Si'dia: General Haldorðr’s assistant. A Powerful Elderon in her own right, Si’dia acts at the Generals right hand. Smart, professional and Sly, Si’dia is loyal to the General first and the Federation second. While outwardly a calm, controlled, and mature woman, she isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty when the time calls for it. The outside world might think of her as just a “Secretary”, but those under General Haldorðr know better than to cross the “Red Demoness”.

 


The Elementals

The Primas: The Pantheon of Prime Elementals worshiped by 60% of the Mundane Population as ‘gods’. While the Primes themselves don’t often bother or care for Mortal issues, the Prima Temples have a presence on every continent.

 

Jīshí (Unknown): Elemental Lord of Earth and Stone. She takes an interest in Alpha after encountering him after his first battle in the Sea of Grass. Stubborn, Cynical and always quick to point out another's flaws, Jīshí can at first come off at best as unapproachable and a worst, openly hostile. Long Eons of broken promises and disappointment have left her hard, cold and unyielding. When you are an Immortal Elemental with an eternity to reflect on your mistakes and lost hope, you learn to build a wall worthy of the title "Lord of Stone".

For those that manage to break through those cold walls though, they will find a warm caring, if sometimes selfish and immature woman, only seeking to find something she's long since given up hope of finding. Maybe, somewhere buried in that stone fortress, there is still a small spark of the "Mother of Hearth and Home" that remains.

 

Fēnghuǒ (Unknown): Elemental Lord of Fire and Lightning. Jīshí’s older “Brother”.

 


The Cultivators

[Yeom Ki] (High Level, 4th Step, 3rd Realm): Sect Leader of the Origin Sect. This young man appeared seemingly out of the blue, nearly six centuries ago, but rumor has it [REDACTED].

  • Origin Sect: One of the 5 Great Pillars on the Skybreaker Continent. Founded by Yeom Ki less than five centuries ago, its meteoric rise to power can be attributed to both its militaristic organizational structure, and its reputation as an “Everyman’s Sect”, in stark contract to Cultivator’s normal Elitist and Arrogant approach.

 

Medved (Peak Level, 3rd Step, 3rd Realm): Warlord of the Awakened Beast Clan. He is a Powerful Adventurer and Bearman. Is currently fighting a protracted War against the Hedge Mages of the Western Seas who seek to break their way into the Skybreaker Continent.

  • Awakened Beast Clan: A Clan comprising of over 98% Sapient Spirit Beasts. The Clan was formed as a place of refuge and protection for those Spirit Beasts who had gained Sapience. Over the ages, they have slowly gained power and are now one of the 5 Great Pillars of the Skybreaker Continent.

 

Shao Jiayi (Low Level, 4th Step, 3rd Realm): Headmaster of the Arms Soul School for Weaponry and Combat.

  • Arms Soul School for Weaponry and Combat: The Oldest Military Academy on the Planet, the Arms Soul School for Weaponry and Combat has a history stretching back millions of years. It is said that simply being accepted into this School’s basic classes can generate at least an Officer’s rank in any Military force in the world.

 

Jacques van Helmont (Peak Level, 3rd Step, 3rd Realm): Guildmaster of the Heaven’s Seal Formation and Alchemy Guild.

  • Heaven’s Seal Formation and Alchemy Guild: Through eons of shrewd and shady business practices, Heaven’s Seal has long since gained an absolute monopoly on the Formation and Alchemy sectors. Rumors have it that the guild even has their hands in other sectors on other Continents as well.

 

Amari Mitsuko (High Level, 5th Step, 3rd Realm): Abbot and Founder of the Shanti Oni Monastery. Amari Mitsuko is as feared across the world as she is beloved. And yet at the same time, almost nothing is known about the true nature of this woman. A walking contradiction in human form, only a fool tries to pry to deeply into things that they might soon come to regret.

  • Shanti Oni Monastery: One of the most mysterious organizations on the Planet, not much is known about this all female Monastery. Both their origin and practices are shrouded in fog, but none can deny their power and influence.

 

Chang Xiurong (Peak Level, 4th Step, 2nd Realm): Black Flood Dragon and 5th Elder of the Origin Sect. She is gravely wounded by Alpha during their first meeting. Due to this, she carries a deep grudge (and trauma) for the AI.
As any Dragon (to be), she is arrogant and powerful, but has a soft side to her that she lets only a few see.

 

Wu Song (High Level, 5th Step, 2nd Realm): 3rd Elder of the Origin Sect. he leads the Assault team after the 5th Elder, Chang Xiurong, is defeated by Alpha.
Wise and Thoughtful, but also very cautious and does not like to jump into any situation before knowing the full story.

 

Qi Mingxi (Low Level, 3th Step, 2nd Realm): Second in command of the Assault team that confronts Alpha after his arrival in the new world. Calm, cold and decisive, she is as calculating as her teacher, Wu Song. In contrast to his thoughtful considerations however, she is a sharp and accurate knife.

 

Fang Peng (Low Level, 3th Step, 2nd Realm): Wu Song’s second disciple. Brash, arrogant and hot-headed, He is always the first to jump into trouble and try to prove his worth. He is severely wounded by Alpha after trying to protect Wu Song.

 

Lin Weiyuan (Mid Level, 7th Step, 1st Realm): Shy, quite, but steadfast and brave with a quick mind and sharp eyes. A Scholar and Teacher at heart, Lin Weiyuan isn’t one for combat, but is able to quickly and decisively form plans for any situation. Recruited by Jīshí to help her distract the other Four Pillars and throw them off of Alpha’s trail.

Wei Fa (High Level, 6th Step, 1st Realm): High level Foundation Realm Cultivator that followed Wu Song along with the others to track down Chang Xiurong. He was sent back with Chang Xiurong’s Body and Beast Core before the group encountered Alpha.

 


Mages of the Gaia Continent

The Grand Magic Assembly: The Congress formed by the 7 Branches of the World Tree, the most powerful group of Mages in the world. The 7 Branches worship the World Tree as the source of Life and Mana, and each of its seven Leaders carry a Staff said to have been carved from the World Tree itself, and from which both they and their “Branch” take their name.

 

The World Tree: The single oldest Living thing on the planet. Said to have already been a sapling even when the Primas themselves formed at the formation of the world. It is by far the largest generator of Mana on the planet, and is revered as a god and source of Magic, by many Mages.

 

Cedar: Master of the Cedar Branch. The Cedar Branch is in charge of Border defense and Peacetime peacekeeping. Current Speaker of the Assembly.

 

Pine: Master of the Pine Branch. The Pine Branch is in charge Trade and Development of new Territory.

 

Rose: Master of the Rose Branch. The Rose Branch mostly focuses on humanitarian and civil servant jobs. They have a major monopoly on Gaia’s entertainment and service industries.

 

Thyme: Master of the Thyme Branch. The Thyme Branch works with all other branches in record keeping and management.

 

Lavender: Master of the Lavender Branch. The “Secret Police” of the Grand Assembly, the Lavender Branch focuses on Internal Affairs and making sure that no other Branch tries to gain too much power.

 

Bay: Master of the Bay Branch. The Bay Branch focuses on International relations, as well as research and development, developing new and ground breaking magic’s and technologies.

 

Sage: Master of the Sage Branch. The Healers and Caretakers of the Assembly, the Sage Branch runs all of the Hospitals and care facilities on the Gaia Continent.

 


The Floating Continent of Avalon

Avalon: Both the largest Mentalist organization in the world, and the massive Island held aloft solely by the abilities of the Tens of Thousands of Mentalists that call it home. Avalon is the sole place in the world where Mentalists can be found in great numbers, with over 40% of the population holding some talent for the Path. It is also often the destination of other Mentalists who wish to escape the fear and persecution of those who don’t understand their power.

 

The Grand Seer: The Title given to the Leader of Avalon, as well as the most powerful Mentalist in the world. Little is known about this Mysterious man, but rumors abound, even one of how he once had a thing for a certain bald Nun.


Independent Parties

 

City-State of Halirosa: A Middling sized City-State in the northern Skybreaker Continent acting as the Headquarters for the Adventurer's Guild. Their open-door policy means that everyone from Awakened Spirit Beasts to Cultivators, Mages, and even some Lesser Elementals call the City home. They are also the single greatest concentration of Awakened Spirit Beasts on the Skybreaker Continent, outside of the Awakened Beast Clan. This often puts them at odds with the Clan, which has tried to Annex them on several occasions. But thanks to the Adventurer's Guild's influence and the several powerful Lesser Clans that call the city home, Halirosa has always managed to maintain their independence.

 

Adventurer's Guild: A Multicontiniental organization based in Halirosa. The Adventurer's Guild act as the go-to organization for all Loose Cultivators, Wandering Mages, and even Free Craftsmen who wish to make a steady living but not tie themselves to any of the large Sects or Clans. All members of the Adventurer's Guild are considered independent contractors, while the Guild is acting as a Mediator and Recruiter. They maintain branches in every large city on the Skybreaker and Gaia Continents and even in Sect controlled territory and towns where they are tolerated as a source of cheap labor. The Guild is run and maintained by a group of Elected Guildmasters from the larger cities and rotate every 20 years. 

 

Hedge Mages of the Maelstrom Seas: Off the Western Coast of the Skybreaker Continent sit the Maelstrom Seas. This massive Ocean is filled with neverending storms, powerful sea creatures, and mysterious locations filled with unknown dangers. This means the entire area is virtually uncharted as far as the modern powers are concerned. The only ones that dare to navigate these waters are the tribes of nomadic Hedge Mages who frequently make attacks on the Western Coastline to raid and pillage. After losing his Wife and Daughter to a band of Mage Pirates, Medved has vowed to wipe out any trace he can find of the Hedge Mages. 

 

Satori: A Wandering Spirit Wolf Mage who works for the Adventurer's Guild as a Healer. Most of the time, his days are spent in Halirosa's main office, attending to the sick and wounded. He was commissioned specifically for the Ant Extermination because of his highly developed Mana Sense. 

Baron Levi Ashdale: Elder of the Ashdale Clan, a small but highly respected Clan of Awakened Spirit Wolves. It is unknown why Baron Ashdale joined the Ant Extermination, however through a stroke of luck (?), he managed to escape the massacre by catching Alpha's attention. 

Whippoorwill: A Loose Cultivating Spirit Wolf who uses several small flying disks to attack from afar. She was severally wounded during the Ant Extermination but later healed thanks to Satori's efforts. 

Ti'so: One of the mysterious Dragonkin. Not much is known about him, as he has yet to speak to any other captives. Given how rare Dragonkin are in this part of the world, however, the group's curiosity is understandable.

 

: One of the mysterious Dragonkin. Not much is known about him, as he has yet to speak to any other captives. Given how rare Dragonkin are in this part of the world, however, the group's curiosity is understandable.

79