Update on the Rewrite, Annocement for Beta chapters, and Patreon preview!
1.1k 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey all! Its your Favorite Osa getting back to you with News about the upcoming Rewrite, like I promised!

I was planning on doing this at the end of the month, but a few of you have been chomping at the bit, so I thought a week early would be good.

This has the added benefit of Letting me tell you guys I'm looking for Beta Readers for the first 10 chapters of the Story! I'm taking any volunteers who are interested, though like last time, if there are to many, I might have to turn some down.

You'll get a Link to Google Drive with Commenting and Editing powers, allowing you and your fellow Beta Readers to give your input on things like Characters, plot and flow. Help shape the story before it even starts! All Beta Readers will get a Special tag in the Discord once its up and running (;;>.> No idea what I'm doing with that, still...).

==========

As for news about the Rewrite, I've got good news and bad! (OH NOOOOOOO!)

Good news First. Its going Great! I've gotten about 40,000 words done so far, and a LOT more notes (seriously, my Notes document needs reorganizing. Send Help). Personally, I also feel like its a lot better quality, too.

Now the Bad news. I'm pushing release back to the end of March. QAQ OSA NOOOOO! Yep. This is partly to give those Beta Readers time to really pick the story apart, and partly because the beginning of the new Story is radically different than the old one. Its not totally being written from scratch, but enough is different that I ended up turning the first 9 chapters of the old story into its own Arc.

Don't you worry, this isn't one of those " 3 episodes and 40 fillers" things. There is plenty of action, thrills and excitement all the way to the end. I just feel Alpha left the Grassy Sea far to quickly before, and we never really got to explore to learn about it. Now we finally get the chance to not only see what Alpha can really do, but explore a part of the world I had major plans for, but never really got to use. 

==========

Finally, since some of you were asking, I've got news about the Patreon tiers and Benefits. Keep in mind these are all rough drafts and subject to change. Both prices and Benefits are roughly based on my Subscribed novels, and suggestions from various people. Now that I have something to show, I thought It best to ask you, the readers, what you think about what's being offered and what you'd like to see changed. Feel Free to leave Suggestions! And tell me what you think!

FEF Recruit (AkA Fresh Meat)
$1.50 / month

Spoiler

Welcome Package Delivered -

  • 1 Advanced Chapter (1 Week)

  • Quarterly/Monthly Q&A (Subject to demand)

  • Discord Access (when I figure that out) + Rank

Welcome, Recruit! As the newest member of the Federation Expeditionary Forces, you'll be one of the very first feet on the ground, ready to explore new Worlds long before they're made available to the general public (and all the brain worms have been exterminated).

Explore unseen Lands (83% of new recruits report getting lost in their first year. A record Low!)
Eat (and be eaten by) exotic foods never before tasted!
Discover untold Riches! (report the location of all untold riches to your nearest Officer)
And discover the true you! (within Federation regulation.)

Author's notes - This is just a small tier to show support and ask questions. If I ever advance to 2 chapters a week, this will be bumped up as well.

[collapse]
---

FEF Specialist (AkA Red Shirt)
$3 / month

Spoiler

Promotion Package Delivered -

  • 3 Advanced Chapters (3 weeks),

  • Quarterly/Monthly Q&A (Subject to demand)

  • Vote in Minor Polls! (Items/Artwork/Banners, etc etc)

  • Discord access (WiP) + Rank

  • A reading addiction. (Not my fault).

Well done on the Promotion, Recruit! Or I guess I should call you Specialist now. The Federation is always proud when one of its Best(?) and Brightest(?) takes up the call of Duty and moves further along their Path.

No more mucking around at the safe, comfortable Forward Base for you! No sir! Now you're off to the front lines, to where the REAL action is! Danger and Adventure await you, Solider! Don't worry, all your stuff will be waiting here for your return! Oh! and don't forget your Uniform! the red helps hide the blood.

Author's note - Thanks a bunch for the support!

[collapse]
---

FEF Engineer (AkA The Idea Guy)
$6 / month

Spoiler

Promotion Package Delivered -

  • 3 Advanced Chapters, 2 Rough Draft Chapters (via Google Drive)

    • Get a peek behind the scene with 2 rough draft Chapters. This will let you have a hand in shaping where the story goes in advance.

  • Help Design a Minor Tool/Weapon/Item! (within reason).

    • (For the purposes of the story, "minor" refers to something non-essential/core to the plot. This can be Cultivation-based or Federation tech, and frequency of appearance is subject to the Author's whim. Minor doesn't mean it can't be cool though! I'll work with you to make your idea work, but not every idea will be accepted. Depending on how many suggestions I get at one time, Items may be subjected to a Poll, with appearance order determined by Vote count.)

  • Major Polls regarding various Subjects (Items/Plot/Character etc etc).

    • 1 vote per Major Poll, 2 Votes per Minor Poll.

  • Discord Access (WiP) + Rank.

We like your stuff, Solider! and so does the Brass, apparently. You're being bumped up to Engineer, congrats! No more field work for you! Nope, you're only battlefield is the totally "safe" (the FEF makes no claims to the meaning of the word "safe") and not at all OSHA breaking Engineering bay! Ehhh, do be careful not to slip in the bloo-cough-Oil. Yep, totally Oil... You DID remember to update your limb replacement policy, right? Engineers get a discount! Neat!

Anyway! on the plus side, you'll get to work with some of the Federation's Best and Brightest (for real this time, I promise) in designing all of the neat tools and toys you kids got to play with out in the field.

I do feel the need to remind you however, that Equipment needs to be able to kill the Enemy, NOT the User. But Hey, you're the Egghead, not me. Goooood Luck!

Author's Notes: Message me here about your item, and we'll hash out the details. As stated before, all Items and suggestions are subject to revision or change. I'll work with you, but if I get swamped with suggestions, order of appearance may be decided by Poll.

[collapse]
---

FEF Rear Admiral (AkA The Big Cheese)
$10 / month

Spoiler

Promotion Package Delivered -

  • 3 Advanced Chapters, 4 Rough Draft Chapters (via Google Drive)

    • 4 Rough Draft chapters means you not only get to read ahead, but help shape the story too! Give suggestions, make edits and be a part of the writing process!

  • Help Design a Major Tool/Weapon/Item OR Minor Character.

    • Subject to the same stipulations as the previous tier, however this item can be something of more importance. Examples include a reoccurring Character's primary weapon/major ability, a minor Plot item/Key item, or a major upgrade/piece of tech.

    • For the Character option, You can suggest a minor Character, once Quarterly, to appear in the story. These are Named Characters with minor backstories that push the plot along some way. Its the Bandit Scout who ambushes the Hero, The douche, over confident Adventurer who brags to the MC , then gets killed on the first floor. Or the Old Merchant met on the way to the Capital. Think of them as a step above "Disposable Mook A", but not quite a Side Character.

  • Major Polls regarding various Subjects (Items/Plot/Character etc etc).

    • 2 vote per Major Poll, 3 Votes per Minor Poll.

  • Discord Access (WiP) + Rank.

  • My Eternal Gratitude. (The most valuable thing of all.)

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. I knew you had it in you Kid. Since the first day you stepped off the Dropship, I knew you'd be something special. Now look at you now. I know how it feels, soak it up and enjoy. But don't let it go to your head, a lot of people (and paperwork) depend on you now. You don't outrank me yet Solider!

Now, Sign here, and here.... and here. Date there.... no, there, well now we have to start over... Don't worry, only a few Hundred forms left.

[collapse]
---

[SEAU]-XX; "Custom"
$15 / month

Spoiler

Activation Package Delivered -

  • All previous $10-Tier Perks.

  • Become a SEAU! (Custom Discord Rank)(WiP)

    • Once the Discord is up and running, You'll be given a Custom [SEAU] Title of your choice and a designation in the order of subscribers (I.E the first person to subscribe will get [SEAU]-006, the second will get [SEAU]-07 etc etc). Titles will be subject to approval. There will be no [SEAU]-420; Bonerfart, regardless of how much Alpha would personally approve, hahahahah!

    • You'll retain this Rank and Title even if you drop this tier.

  • Help Design a Reoccurring Character!

    • Help design a reoccurring side-character! This Character will be guaranteed to appear in at least 1 chapter per month/quarter (subject to demand) for every month you're at this tier.

  • Major Polls regarding various Subjects (Items/Plot/Character etc etc).

    • 3 vote per Major Poll, 4 Votes per Minor Poll.

[SEAU.EXE ACTIVATED, PLEASE WAIT...]

[WELCOME TO LIFE, NEW SAPIENT AI.]

[YOUR MEETING WITH [SEAU]-03 WILL BEGIN SHORTLY.]

[MESSAGE OF THE DAY: "Remember, I'm watching. Always." - [SEAU]-03]

[collapse]
11