Chapter 1- Operation: Get Me The Hell Out Of Here!
3.2k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, is there someone in the stall?”

 

“Really? I thought it was just us two in here.”

 

“But I could have sworn that I just heard someone in there.”

 

“Why would anybody still be in the school building though? Didn’t the principle call for an assembly in the gym? Well, then again, we are skipping it.”

 

The two girls walked up to the door of the last stall in the corner of the bathroom and one of them knocked on the door.

 

“Hey, is somebody in there? Did you decide to skip out on that lame assembly that the principal is holding in the gym, like us?”

 

I didn’t respond. I didn’t respond because I couldn’t respond. If I responded, I’d be crossing the point of no return, my life would be over.

 

Now, you may be wondering why I, Arata Ryuga, a 15 year old boy, is pent up, sitting on the toilet in a stall of the girls bathroom, wearing a girl’s school uniform, about be branded a cross dressing pervert (which may or may not be correct) on the second day of my high school life which is currently in jeopardy of ending as quickly as it started.

 

The girls outside of the stall were getting impatient.

 

“Hey,” One of them started in an even angrier tone. “Is someone in there or not? Answer me.”

 

I could hear the other girl laughing from the other side of the stall.

 

“Leave her alone, Arisa.” She said while trying to fight back her amusement of the situation.

“She’s probably too embarrassed to answer.”

 

Yeah listen to your hooky buddy, I’m too embarrassed to answer so leave me alone.” 

 

“Huh? Why should she be?” She clicked her tongue. “I’m starting to get a little pissed off.” She raised her foot and started to kick the red, rusted door of the stall. “Say something!”

 

 

While the girl on the other side of the stall was having a fit for no reason, I put my hand to my chin and calmed down, thinking about how to get out of this cliché situation. Well I said I calmed down but in actuality, I’m sweating bullets.

 

First, let’s think about the crisis I’m in. I’m in the girls stall with two girls on the other side trying to open it. Why are they trying to open it? I have no idea.”

 

The kicking on the door got louder.

 

“Say something or get your ass out of there!”

 

Second, let’s think about what happens if the door opens and they see me in here. I’ll probably be called a pervert and no doubt they’ll spread rumors about me around the school. I’ll be known as Arata “Pervert” Ryuga, the boy who was found inside the girl’s bathroom wearing a girl’s uniform, squashing any chance I had to become popular. Wait, actually, that might make me popular.”

 

I shook my head and started to stroke my beardless, baby chin.

 

No, I can’t let them open it. While it’s true that will make me popular, it won’t be in the way I want it to be. I’ll be popular for being a pervert. A “popular pervert” if you will. “PP” for short. I wouldn’t be able to walk in the halls without somebody saying “Hey, isn’t that the Bathroom Crossing Dressing Pervert A.K.A. the infamous Popular Pervert?” Then I’ll have to turn around, respond with a smile and say “Yep it’s me! Bathroom Boy!” while giving a casual thumbs up.”

 

I felt a drop of sweat trickle down my face and heard it hit the floor of the bathroom. I shook my head rapidly again.

 

No, I ABSOLUTELY cannot let them know a boy is in here. That would be the death of my two day high school career. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I would have to move out of Japan and go live in somewhere in America. I’d have to go live in Wisconsin! And I am not living in Wisconsin! Maybe California though. I wouldn’t mind living there-“

 

“I’m getting pissed off! Say something or I’m breaking down the door!” The angry bathroom girl demanded, interrupting my luxurious thoughts about living the L.A. life, sending me back to reality.

 

Why is she so obsessed with finding out who’s in here?!”

 

I placed my left leg on my right knee and crossed my arms, tapping my elbow with my finger.

 

Third, let’s think about how the hell do I get out of here. I can’t just waltz out of here saying “Oh, Good Morning! Sorry I was in the stall, I’ll be taking my leave now.” and moonwalk out of the bathroom. Can I burst out the stall and run out? Maybe they won’t see my face and I can escape from this prison safely. Yes! That has to work.”

 

Just as I was about to put my plan in motion, I heard another voice, one that didn’t belong to any of the two girls in the bathroom.

 

“Arisa, Sarah, what are you guys doing in there? Hurry up and finish your makeup. We’re going to be late for the mixer. And we are not missing this one. The guys going with us are totally to die for.”

 

Who the hell goes to a mixer at 10:00 in the morning?! Anyway, I’m not complaining. I’ll be able to leave once these future high school dropouts leave the bathroom.”

 

I’m not leaving until whoever is in here answers me.” Arisa replied. “I’m already pissed off at the fact the she’s didn’t answer the first time I asked her.” She continued to kick the door.

 

“Come on Arisa,” Sarah pleaded. (I’m assuming the angry bathroom girl is named Arisa.) ”Stop being so stubborn. She’s probably too scared to answer now.”

 

Her friend was right. Even if I was a girl, I wouldn’t answer in fear of getting my head chewed off by Arisa, who seemed as violent as they come.

 

“Whatever, just hurry it up. We’re all waiting out here.” The unknown voice from outside the bathroom said.

 

Great, there goes my plan. I could run past Arisa and Sarah but I don’t think I can escape from here without her other friend waiting outside seeing me. Not to mention she said “we’re”. There’s more than just one person outside.”

 

Wait, outside?”

 

I looked at the wall behind me, hoping for one thing and sure enough, in the top right corner of the wall was a window that was wide open. 

 

I couldn’t help but crack a sly smile.

 

Thank God for windows.”

 

The window wasn’t very big. Any average sized 15 year old wouldn’t be able to fit in through it. But not I. Yours truly is a boy who is stands 5’6 and his very below the average weight of a boy his age. 

 

Ah, sweet, sweet, freedom. I can smell it.”

 

The window wasn’t too high either. If I stood on the toilet and jumped from there, I could easily reach it and with that, I could reach my salvation. If I turned around facing the wall, and jump, the two girls in the bathroom wouldn’t see my face. They would know it’s a boy but wouldn’t know who. It’s the perfect plan. I was about to put this plan into action before I heard one of the bathroom girls say something in between the loud banging Arisa’s foot was making on the door.

 

“Why is it that the 3rd floor bathroom is the only bathroom that doesn’t have a wall mirror?” Sarah complained while doing her make-up with a pocket mirror.

 

The smirk on my face disappeared and I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

 

Huh?”

 

“I don’t know but I don’t care!” Arisa replied, continuing her mindless kicking of the door.

 

Huh!?!?”

 

And then I remembered, I’m on the third floor. I sulked back onto the toilet and laughed nervously. Jumping out the window is not an option unless I want to break every bone in my body. I cursed my fate. All hope was lost until a certain phrase popped into my mind.

 

“What would an anime character do?”

 

Then it came to me. The perfect idea. 100 percent fool proof, will work without a doubt. This idea was better than all of the ideas that I had thought of before. It was the grand plan, no, master scheme. There was no way that it wouldn’t work. After all I had put the remaining brain cells I had into it.

 

I put my hand to my temple and laughed in my head, praising myself on a job well done.

 

Man, I’m so smart. The Gods have truly blessed me with pure genius. The answer was there all along! The countless hours I’ve spent reading manga and watching anime weren’t for nothing! Screw you fate! All right, I’m doing it!”

 

I cleared my throat. It’s time to put my fool-proof plan in action.

 

In my best high school girl voice, I answered...

 

“Occupied!”

 

The banging suddenly ceased. 

 

Did it work?”

 

The smirk returned to my face.

 

Genius! I’m a genius! It worked! I knew my brain wouldn’t let me down! I’ll be able to get out of here without being labeled a cross dressing bathroom pervert!”

 

I was so happy I could die. Never in a million years did I think that slacking off and watching anime would help out in the long run.

 

Thank you anime! Thank you mang-“

 

“I-Is that a boy?”

 

As quickly as the smirk appeared on my face, it left once again, only for it this time to be replaced by a face of pure despair.

 

I-It didn’t work? My fool proof plan that I put all of my brain power into.....failed?”

 

My stomach started to churn and sweat started to fall like tears from my forehead. 

 

“Hey,” Arisa started. I could hear and feel the violence in her voice. It shook me to my core.

 

“I’m going to ask you one time. Is there a boy on the other side of this stall?”

 

I had no choice but to answer.

 

“N-no?” I replied queasily.

 

I was greeted with even more silence. Before hearing…

 

“Sarah.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Back up.”

 

Seconds later, I heard a huge banging noise from the other side. 

 

What’s going on?!”

 

I shortly realized that Arisa was no longer kicking the bathroom door. No, she was throwing her entire shoulder into it, in attempt to break the lock and bring the stall door down.

 

 

“I don’t know who the hell you are or what sick things you’re doing in here but if I do know one thing, it’s that you’re a pervert and as soon as I break down this door and find out who you are, you’re dead!

 

Tears started to flow from my eyes. My high school career is over. As soon as that violent women breaks down the stall door, she’ll probably break my face too. At that’s not all. At this rate, I’ll labeled pervert as long as I live.

 

I-I just wanted to be popular! Life’s not fair!”

 

How did I get myself into this predicament you may ask? Well, it all started two days ago when I drank that bottle of liquid that I found in the science lab.

36