(Volume 1) Chapter 1
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wicked heart, dressed in black. Wicked heart, go back."

These words appeared in Bai Geomjeong's mind on her 5th birthday. It was strange, but she somehow understood its purpose.

In the orphanage, she never spoke a word of it. That was until this day. Bai Geomjeong's birthday has already passed by around 3 months.

As usual, she sneaked out of the orphanage and headed to the woods, which were quite far from the orphanage.

Once in the woods, she lightly bounced around in the trees like a rabbit on flat ground. 

She then spotted a Rank 4 Blaze Wolf. It has fire-red fur all over with black claws and teeth with a poisonous purple tongue.

At the moment, it was eating a Rank 1 Horned Rabbit. Not vigilant of its surroundings, it ate happily. 

Bai Geomjeong leaped down from the tree and landed loudly. It was to catch the Blaze Wolf's attention.

As expected, the Blaze Wolf turned its head towards the loud sound, a young girl stood. The Blaze Wolf became excited because he had gotten a great big meal this time.

The Blaze Wolf fully turned its body towards Bai Geomjeong and charged with its' bloody mouth open wide.

Bai Geomjeong just stood there as it came over, and the Blaze Wolf was elated. What was better than big prey? Big prey that doesn't run away.

Just as the Blaze Wolf was a mere meter away, Bai stooped low and moved her body forward. She grabbed its front legs and flung it into the air.

The Blaze Wolf was utterly shocked. Wasn't this just a little girl? How does she have enough strength to fling him?

Bai Geomjeong jumped up, her palm out to strike. The Blaze Wolf was too absorbed in its thoughts to notice the attack.

Just like that, the attack hit hits heart causing energy to flow into its heart. Its heart immediately slowed its beat, and before the Blaze Wolf realized, it was already dead. It didn't expect to die in such away.

Bai Geomjeong landed on the ground just before the Blaze Wolf's corpse landed. She took out a dagger and dragged it along the collar bone to the stomach of the Blaze Wolf. Bai Geomjeong grabbed for the demon crystal core inside and placed it in a sack that she brought for this purpose.

Bai Geomjeong went through the forest, hunting and killing Rank 3 and 4 demon beasts. She even killed three Rank 5 Demon Bears. Her sack was soon full, and she was about to head back, but she felt something was off.

The words that came out of her mouth were colder than 10,000-year ice. "Who is there?"

A man appeared before her. Long, completely white hair flowed along his sides and back. His appearance looked of that of a fox, always scheming. His eyes looked sharp and quick-witted as he eyed the girl in front of him.

"Don't worry, girl, I am just a passerby. I only noticed you and took a fancy to you. Such a young girl and already can kill three Rank 5 demon bears only as a Level 3 Martial Artist. Quite the talent, quite the skill. Especially when knowing that defeating a Rank 5 demon beast is equivalent to defeating a Level 6 Martial Artist."

"What do you want?" She raised her vigilance and was ready for any attack.

The man noticed this and laughingly said, "I will not hurt you. This is not my purpose for appearing before you. I am here to ask you to become my disciple."

Bai Geomjeong's eyes widened a bit as she heard his words. She thought over his words.

"I didn't know who you were." She stated. 

The man nodded in agreement. "This is true. Fine, I will let you know my name. I am Hwan Bul, the Sect Ancestor of Blazing Flame Sect."

}{ This is Hwan Bul}{

Bai Geomjeong looked at him for a bit before declining his offer, which took him by surprise. The Blazing Flame Sect is the biggest in the whole continent, and he was actually declined. He was already a bit shocked by the girls' indifferent expression to his name and status.

Should I continue this story?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Nov 3, 2020 10:36 AM.
2