Chapter 2
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Girly, do you not care for me or my sect at all?"

Bai Geomjeong stared at him with cold, unfeeling eyes. "What's the benefits?"

Hwan Bul rubbed his chin as he watched Bai Geomjeong in interest. "Hey girl, what's your name?"

"Bai Geomjeong."

"Bai Geomjeong?" His eyes went slightly wide.

"Bai Geomjeong." Indifferent to his reaction, Bai Geomjeong took her sack of demon crystals and turned to leave, finding no more use in staying.

"Hey Bai Girl, wait for a moment." Bai Geomjeong turns back to face the Hwan Bul only to see an object flying into her face. She instinctively caught it.

"It's a Spacial Ring. It is quite the expensive one too. It can hold up to the size of a well-off family home. You can store your demon crystals in there. It's easier than carrying that sack with you." Hwan Bul took one step after another with his hands behind his back towards Bai Geomjeong as he spoke.

Bai Geomjeong noticed his movements but wasn't too anxious. She just observed the ring. It didn't look fancy at all. It looked like a standard iron ring.

Bai Geomjeong nodded as an acknowledgment of the gift. Bit her finger before dripping her blood on the ring to gain ownership of the ring and place all the demon crystals inside as well as the sack itself.

"Bai Girl." Hwan Bul called out to Bai Geomjeong.

Bai Geomjeong looked up at the cunning fox in front of her. She wants to know what he wants this time.

"Let me meet your parents so I can discuss with them about you are becoming my disciple." Hwan Bul grinned cheekily as he stared back at the girl in front of him.

"Tch, Shameless fox." Bai Geomjeong turned her head to the side so she wouldn't have to look the old fox in the eye.

"Hey, hey now, Girly, don't be like that. Let me meet your parents." Hwan Bul's smile couldn't get any cheekier than it already was.

"They're dead."

Hwan Bul came slightly a gap at the bluntness of Bai Geomjeong.

"You...Then do you have any other family-" Hwan Bul was cut off.

"Also dead."

Hwan Bul truly couldn't get used to the coldness that was coming from this 5-year-old girl. It seems she has received no familial love and seen the world's harshness, forcing her to grow up faster in her mind.

Hwan Bul continued to look at Bai Geomjeong in front of him with a strange light shining in his eyes.

"Bai Girl, I have changed my mind. I want to adopt you as my granddaughter. What do you think?"

This time, it was Bai Geomjeong's turn to be stunned. He wants her to be his granddaughter? What is happening right now?

Hwan Bul noticed the look in Bai Geomjeong's eyes. "I don't have children nor a wife. Though I haven't had any family, I would still like to have one, even if it's just a granddaughter. You can fill this void for me, and I could hopefully fill a void for you too."

Hwan Bul's eyes were full of sincerity, hope, and anticipation.

They looked at each other for a long time, and in this time, Bai Geomjeong came to a decision. She suddenly got to the ground and kowtowed.

"Greetings to grandfather." Bai Geomjeong kowtowed to acknowledge Hwan Bul as her grandfather and three times knocked her head on the ground. Hwan Bul looked down at his new granddaughter, eyes filled with smiles.

"Good, good. This granddaughter of mine is quite filial. You'll come back to the sect with me so I can announce you as my granddaughter." Hwan Bul held out his hand so Bai Geomjeong could hold onto it. 

Bai Geomjeong looked at it for some time in hesitation before placing her palm in his.

"Grand- Grandfather, I would like to go back to my orphanage to collect some items before I go back with you." Hwan Bul could hear the shyness coming from this cold girl.

Hwan Bul chuckled lightly and nodded in agreement. "Let's go. We will go collect the stuff you want as well as let the orphanage workers know that you will be leaving."

1