Chapter 2.5
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early morning in a small city called Saenghwal, where there isn't much movement through the streets as yet, it was chaotic in an orphanage. Staff members were running left and right in haste to please a certain guest.

This guest was obviously Hwan Bul and by his side was a small girl that looked 5 to 6 years old with an extremely cold pair of black eyes. This was Bai Geomjeong. 

The members of the staff were quite shocked when they saw an old man walking in with Bai Geomjeong. They thought that Bai Geomjeong ran away and was going to apologize to the senior as well as reprimand the girl when they heard what the old man said. "I, Hwan Bul, the Sect Ancestor of Blazing Flame Sect have come to adopt this little girl. Will there be any problems?"

Hwan Bul pulled out his sect token of identification and the staff members almost dropped to their knees in fright. 

The Sect Ancestor of The Blazing Flame Sect. This is that Ancestor. So domineering. 

The staff members didn't dare to check if the token was real or fake because who in their right mind would impersonate the Sect Ancestor of the largest and most powerful sect in the whole continent? If they do, they only have a death wish so this means that this old man standing before them is really the Sect Ancestor of the Blazing Flame Sect.

And he wants to adopt Bai Geomjeong. The thoughts of reprimanding Bai Geomjeong quickly flew away with the cool morning wind. Even if they had the courage of a leopard, they wouldn't dare try to breathe too hard near Bai Geomjeong now.

A female staff member quickly came towards them and bowed respectfully with a calm appearance but the heads of cold sweat could be seen on her forehead. "Esteemed guests, please come in. I will guide you to seats so you can rest your legs."

Hwan Bul waved his hand in dismissal. "There is no need. I only came here to get some stuff with my Bai Girl."

The female staff was shocked upon hearing this. She could tell that this Ancestor was very fond of Bai Geomjeong. She took a side glance and only a pair of deep black cold eyes staring back which startled the female staff quite a bit. Those eyes have always been so cold and she thought she was used to it by now but it seems she hasn't.

"Then guest, plea-" the female staff was cut off by a loud banging of a door opening. Through that door came a man and a woman. They both looked like pigs and it could be seen that they are siblings in looks and personality. They both gave off the aura of money and statues-grubbing pigs with their eyes basically turning into coins.

Once they saw Hwan Bul, they almost literally rolled to him in excitement. Once they reached, they bowed respectfully and greeted him. "Welcome to our orphanage, My sister and I are the owners of the orphanage. O-" The pigman was interrupted before he could say his name. "I don't care who you are. I only came here for a few things in this Bai Girl's room and will leave after this. No need for your names." Hwan Bul could already tell they were trying to make connections so he cut the pigman off before he could say his name.

The pigman was aggrieved in his heart but didn't dare to speak out. "I will guide you to her room then, this way please." The pigman guided them to Bai Geomjeong's room leaving behind his confused sister. What stuff does this girl have that can't be obtained by that Ancestor? It's probably something sentimental to the girl.

The group soon reached the room and the pigman went forward to open the door. They all stepped inside and the two men looked around. The pigman looked around, confused. There was nothing but a bed and a small table in here. This was all he could see. Hwan Bul on the other hand was looking at a specific area of interest. He could sense a dense amount of energy from under the bed.

Both men looked on as they saw Bai Geomjeong walk towards the bed. They followed behind. Bai Geomjeong shifted the bed to one side to show a string that was randomly there on the wood floor or so it seemed. She grabbed at the string and pulled up. A part of the floorboard came up with the string and to both men's astonishment, below the floor that came apart, was demon crystals.

In the pigman's eyes, there were only a few hundred demon crystals which already made him feel full of greed and remorse. Hwan Bul also only thought there was a few hundred demon crystals but when he used his spiritual sense to probe the exact amount, he was left wide-eyed and agape. There were not a few hundred, there was a few thousand demon crystals in there. It was deeper than what one would expect and there were more than a thousand Rank 5 demon crystals.

The look that Hwan Bul gave Bai Geomjeong has now changed slightly. This girl is a monster in disguise.

Bai Geomjeong didn't care for the looks that she was getting and just waved her hand with the spacial ring on it over the demon crystals, collecting them all. Bai Geomjeong closed the hatch and turned to Hwan Bul. "I am done now." Hwan Bul just looked at her with a look that Bai Geomjeong was not familiar with and nodded. "Let's go."

The pigman wanted to say something but he thought it over and decided to just keep his mouth shut. He could only look on as the two figures left the room. "Where did that girl get all those demon crystals from? Did she steal it? If only I had known earlier, I could have taken it all for myself and say that this girl stole it from me and I was only taking it back. Sigh."

1