Chapter 5
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip from the small town of Saenghwal to the Blazing Flame Sect took about a half-a-month journey. On the trip, Hwan Bul and Bai Geomjeong stopped at many of the branches of the Blazing Flame Sect and Bai Geomjeong was introduced as their Little Ancestress. From their frequent stops at those branch families, the word about Hwan Bul taking in a granddaughter spread like a wildfire and it soon reached the ears of many powerful sects.

"That old ancestor took in a granddaughter?" A middle-aged strong-looking man looked at his subordinate in surprise. "Sect Leader Mo Chang-Ae, this subordinate is telling the truth. This information has originated from the Blazing Flame Sect branch families themselves. This information must not be false." The subordinate, Bin Hyun, looked to be around the same age as Mo Chang-Ae. Mo Chang-Ae was a bulky man with heroic features, tanned skin, and eyes as sharp as an eagle. Bin Hyun, on the other hand, looked skinny with paper white skin but those eyes shined with much vigor and wit.

"Mmmm........I should go to the Blazing Flame Sect with my sons to pay respects to that old ancestor as well as the new Little Ancestress. I, Mo Chang-Ae of the Thunder Sect, will not disappoint that old ancestor at all." A grin showed on Mo Chang-Ae's face which made him look like a kid going to cause trouble. "Tell me, what is this Little Ancestress's name?"

"Yes, Sect Leader. The Little Ancestress's name is Bai Geomjeong. I was told that she is only 5 years old but she is already a beauty, however, her personality is quite aloof and cold."

"Really? Interesting. Bai Geomjeong, what a unique name."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WE WELCOME BACK THE ANCESTOR! WE WELCOME THE LITTLE ANCESTRESS!"

The crowd of Elders, Sect Members, and servants all bowed down to welcome Bai Geomjeong and Hwan Bul. Someone came by Bai Geomjeong's carriage door and opened it for her as well as Hwan Bul's. Hwan Bul stepped out of his carriage first and hurried to Bai Geomjeong's carriage. He then held out his hand to the open space within the carriage and a delicate small hand reached out to accept it.

This skeptical was viewed by the eyes of everyone there and they were utterly shocked. This is their Sect Ancestor, right? The Sect Ancestor that puts no one in his eyes? The Sect Ancestor that even other Sect Ancestors would have to show courtesy to. What is this? Who is that girl to cause their Sect Ancestor to act like this? As these thoughts ran through everyone's head, the next thing that happened shocked them to their core.

The fair legs of a small maiden took a step out of the carriage which was then followed by a face that was too beautiful for words. The hair, the skin, the facial features, the pouty lips, and those eyes. They gasped once they saw her eyes. It's not because they were colder than ice but because of their color. At the moment, from where Bai Geomjeong stepped out, the sun was directly hitting her face which showed off the true color of her eyes.

Purple. Her eyes were a dark shade of purple which made her look so enchanting that it causes one to feel as if they were falling through the world. 

Hwan Bul smiled warmly at Bai and helped her get off the carriage. Hwan Bul then continued to hold Bai Geomjeong's hand as he led her towards the Sect. As Hwan Bul and Bai Geomjeong moved along, eyes followed their every move like sap to paper. This new Little Ancestress was truly beautiful and she didn't seem arrogant nor despotic, just indifferent. In everyone's hearts, a small oath appeared there. 

"We must protect this Little Ancestress from any trouble or harm."

1