Chapter 43: Naomi, You Fool.
80 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jaakuna thinking color v2 with glasses by cmpnaruto

At the mining company, Osorai was checking on Veneta, after she got smashed through the roof, by Naomi. 

"Hey, Veneta-Chan, you ok?" said Osorai, as she helped Veneta back up to her feet.

"Y-yeah, I think so. Damn her, she got me good.  What's going on down there, anyway?" said Veneta, as she wiped off some of the blood from her face. 

"Miakumi-sama stepped in. Naomi is as good as dead. Come to think of it, the battle sounds have already stopped. The fight must be finished already." said Osorai.

"Hmhmhm.. Serves her right. Now then, let's go see what happened." said Veneta, as they went back underground.

"Huhuhuhu.. Wow, Miakumi-sama.. You really did a number on her." laughed Osorai, as she saw Naomi's impaled body, bleeding out on the ground.

"Yeah.. She won't be interfering in our plans anymore. Good job you two. I'll send in a cleanup crew of foot soldiers to get rid of all these bodies, then I'll have Blair send in some employees to continue mining the adamentine and ebonite. Veneta, you'll be in charge of watching over this mining area, but for today, you two rest up. You've had quite a battle on your hands." said Miakumi.

"Yes ma'am, understood. Thank you." said Veneta.

"Thank you, Miakumi-sama, I guess we should be on our way then, Veneta-chan. Oh, and see ya later Naomi-chan. It's a shame we won't get any more play dates in the future.  You definitely were a treat, huhuhuhu.." said Osorai, as she waved at Naomi as she layed there dying on the floor. As the three women left Naomi, Naomi laid there unconscious, just barely clinging to life. She only had a few minutes to live, at best. 

Jaakuna decided to check out the situation at the mining company, and upon arrival, noticed the dead guard at the gate, from a distance.

"Hmm.. are they still here?" said Jaakuna, as Miakumi, Veneta, and Osorai, were walking out of the building. Jaakuna quickly hid behind the corner of an adjacent building, as she noticed them. "It's just as Blair said, Miakumi was with them after all." she thought, waiting for them to leave. Once they had left, Jaakuna had entered into the building stealthily. "No foot soldiers, just a bunch of dead bodies. Miakumi probably intends to send a crew to clean up this mess. I can't stay long. " she thought, as she headed underground. She looked around for a few seconds, noticing more bodies, until she heard Naomi hack up blood, as she continued to bleed out on the ground. Jaakuna's expression went from that of a neutral expression, to a slightly angry and irritated expression, as she walked up to an unconscious, dying Naomi. "Naomi, you idiot, here you are again with your face in the dirt. You just can't enjoy a victory, without a crushing defeat, immediately after it, can you?" she said, as she used her foot to flip Naomi's body over, revealing where she had been impailed in the stomach. Jaakuna leaned down, and placed her hand on Naomi's stomach, as she used her energy to cauterize the wound. "If it weren't for my new abilities, it would be over for you. Still, all I've managed to do, is stop the bleeding. You'll still die, if you don't get immediate medical attention. I need to get you to a hospital, quickly." she said, as she put Naomi's arm over her shoulder. Jaakuna took Naomi, and raced her to the emergency room. Once there she was greeted by a few nurses.

"Oh my goodness? What happened to her?" said one of the nurses.

"There's no time to talk. Her wound has been cauterized, but she lost a massive amount of blood. So hurry!" demanded Jaakuna.

"Y-yes ma'am." they said, as they rushed Naomi on a stretcher, as she was hooked on life-support. 

Jaakuna sat in the waiting room, as she crossed her legs and arms, and began to tap her finger against her arm, as she waited impatiently. "Live, Naomi, live.. I'm not done with you. The last face you'll see, is mine, no one else's." she said.

Elsewhere, at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Miakumi returned and immediately ordered a crew of foot soldiers to clean up the massacre, back at the mining company. 

"Welcome back, Miakumi-sama. I take it, everything went well." said Blair.

"Indeed.. Naomi Senshima is no more, and the mining company is now under our control. I need a favor from you, though. In addition to the factory workers, you've hired, I also need you to hire a few people to mine the metal. Veneta will be in charge of the mining area, while you'll be in charge of the factory." said Miakumi.

"I understand. I'll get to work on that right away." said Blair, as she walked off. 

Miakumi turned her attention to Jaleesa, who was close by. Jaleesa began to whistle a bit nervously, as she did not want to be in charge of anything long term, related to the weapons.

"Hmhmhm.. Oh relax, Jaleesa.. I'll tell you the same thing, I told Osorai. I have no intention of putting you in charge of anything. I'm very well aware of the different styles of my agents, and where to put you all. Although, I do have a mission for you, that I think you'll enjoy." said Miakumi. 

"Heh heh heh.. My apologies, Miakumi-sama. You know me too well. But really? What mission is that?" said Jaleesa.

"With Naomi out of the way, there's no one protecting Ms. Akure, and the rest of the Okinawa Research Facility. They are the only civilians left alive, that have been mixed up in our plans. I want you to assassinate every one of them, except Ms. Akure.  Urayama let her escape once, so I want you to recapture her. We could use her knowledge." she said.

"Hmhmhm.. Can I have fun with them, as I see fit?" said Jaleesa.

"Yes, that's fine, as long as you don't let any of them escape." said Miakumi.

"Perfect. Thanks, Miakumi-sama. I can handle this one alone. I won't even need any foot soldiers." said Jaleesa, as she walked off.

"Remember, don't let a single one of them, escape." said Miakumi. 

Back at the emergency room, the doctors were treating Naomi, and trying to stabilize her condition. It was a close call, but they finally managed to do it. It was late in the evening, and she even managed to regain consciousness. 

"W-where am I?" said Naomi, as she looked around the hospital room.

"Oh, thank goodness. You are a tough one! You were in critical condition and lost a massive amount of blood, but the person who brought you here, managed to get you to us in the nick of time. You would have been a goner, if we didn't get you sooner. I'm surprised you're already conscious." said the doctor.

"R-really? T-thank you. (That's right.. the last I remember I was fighting Miakumi. I thought she killed me.) she thought. "Who brought me here?" asked Naomi. 

"Oh, she didn't give me her name, but I'll let her know you're good for a visit, if you want." said the doctor.

"Y-yeah.. That'd be fine." (Hmm.. Must've been Tokunori-sensei, or maybe Ms. Akure.) thought Naomi, as she laid back down on her pillow.

"Knock.. Knock.. Can I come in, Ms. Senshima?" said Jaakuna, sarcastically, as she leaned on the doorway.

Naomi's heart dropped to her gut, once again, as she sat up so fast it made her dizzy. "J-Jaakuna!.. Ughh.." she said, grabbing her gut.

"Hmhmhmhm.. I wouldn't make a scene, if I were you. We both know I wouldn't even need 5 seconds, in the state you're in. There's also the lives of the bystanders, outside, to think about. Killing innocent civilians isn't something I particularly enjoy, but I will, without hesitation, if you make me." said Jaakuna, as she grabbed a seat next to Naomi's bed.

"W-what are you doing here?" said Naomi.

"I think you can put two and two together, Ms.  Super Detective." said Jaakuna, as she nonchalantly crossed her legs in her seat.

"So the one who saved me, was.... you?" said Naomi.

"Hmph.. Seriously.. This makes the second time, I've bailed your ass out. How many times do I have to tell you, that you're my prey? Did you even go in there with a plan?" said Jaakuna.

Naomi sighed. " There was no time, to plan. I had to act. It's thanks to your organization, that people are dying, and on my watch. I couldn't just sit back and let it happen." she said. 

"For the world's top detective, you sound really idiotic, right now. You're letting your emotions, dictate your actions. People will die. That's an inescapable fact. All you did, by charging in there, was make there death in vain. Miakumi is one thing, so it couldn't be helped, but if you had taken the time to formulate a plan, you would've been able to take the other two out, no problem." said Jaakuna.

"I'm confused. Aren't you on there side? Maybe I'm getting it twisted, but it almost sounds as if you wanted me to stop them. " said Naomi.

"That's right. The few short lived victories over the organization you've had until now, I've allowed you to have. I've been letting you slowdown Miakumi's plans, so that I can position myself to take her place. Your victory in rescuing Ms. Akure from Urayama, and your victory in defeating and capturing Kurui and Ikara, were all things I allowed and even helped orchestrate to happen, to make it easier for you. The best part is, Miakumi doesn't even suspect a thing. I swear, you all are making this so easy." said Jaakuna, as she crossed her arms, and leaned back in her seat.

"W-what? That... can't be." said Naomi.

"Oh, but it is. I truly appreciate your help, Naomi. Thanks to you, Miakumi is getting desperate, and can't even see her death creeping up on her.  Seriously, I could've ended you at any time, but.. like I said. I want you at your best. That way they'll be no doubts of who is superior. Hmhmhmhm.." laughed Jaakuna. 

Naomi sighed, in a feeling of confusion, but also slight excitement. "Hmph.. I don't know whether to be happy or terrified, right now. It sounds just like you, to not truly allow yourself to be used as a pawn. Although, either way, whether it's you or Miakumi, in charge; what I must do, is the same. But come to think of it, she even tried to recruit me." said Naomi.

"Did she now? That's not that surprising. If you had accepted it, that would've been a brilliant move on your part. Too bad.. You could've done some serious damage. " said Jaakuna, as she reclined back in her seat.

"Please.. you seriously underestimate me, Jaakuna. I don't have to resort to such corrupt, and underhanded tactics, to win this." said Naomi.

"And yet here you are, in your third visit to the hospital, but this time, with a damn hole in your stomach." said Jaakuna.

" S-shut up.. She also mentioned something, about an energy or aura, that she sensed in me that wasn't completely human. Just what could that mean? What... am I?" said Naomi, as she looked at her hands.

Jaakuna sighed. "I used to ask myself that everyday. I lived in a state of confusion, but you know something? I learned to just accept that I am me. Whatever I am, it's better, stronger, faster, smarter, and more resolved than anyone else in this planet. That includes you. So it's no use in dwelling on it, for I will crush that power of yours with my own, wherever it comes from." said Jaakuna.

"Hmph, we'll see about that. I'm on a whole different level, than when we fought the first two times." said Naomi.

"Oh, I know. I've seen your fight with Kurui and Ikara. If I had remained the same, you probably would have the edge. It was impressive no doubt, but I've managed to surpass even that." she said, as she formed a fireball in her hand. "You wouldn't be able to defeat me, as I am now." said Jaakuna.

"That's ridiculous. You have powers, besides super strength and speed, now?  And to think you'd be so cocky as to reveal that to me. You seriously do underestimate me." said Naomi, as her eyes bucked open. "W-well I've still got room to improve myself. I haven't used up all my cards, just yet. I appreciate you (letting) me live, but honestly, is it really because it benefits your plans, or do you still have a soft spot somewhere in that cold exterior? " said Naomi.

"Hmph.. Hardly. I simply have enough respect for you, to face you at full strength, but I'm still fully prepared to kill you, so be ready for that." said Jaakuna.

"R-right.. I get that, I guess. Still.. It's... nice to be able to talk to you, in a somewhat casual conversation, after all this time, ya know, outside of beating the crap out of each other." said Naomi.

"Hmhmhm.. Whatever. Enjoy it, while you can, because this is the last time, I'm saving you. Just being here like this, is already risky enough. If you slip up again, you're on your own. Besides, if you get your ass handed to you again, you're not worth being my rival." said Jaakuna.

"Heh.. More like, if  I beat you after having so many chances to get rid of me, it's going to be utterly hilarious. So, I take it, you're planning on killing Miakumi, and becoming the leader of the organization yourself then?" said Naomi.

"Yeah. That's right. Why?" said Jaakuna.

"To be blunt, I don't see how that's possible. You can't. You'll be killed. I fought her personally, and I'm telling you, there's just no way." said Naomi.

"I appreciate your concern, but you forget.. As special as you think you are, I'm made of different stuff than you. I won't fail. Besides, unlike you, I'm not so foolish as to fight her head on. I've got a plan." said Jaakuna, as she smirked evily.

To be continued:

Next time: You're pushing me, too far. 

 

 

 

 

 

0