Chapter 46: Blair’s New Ability, Demon Art: Premonition Domain
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Agent #3: Blair, The Greedy.

At Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Jaleesa returned after capturing Ms. Akure, and placed her in a holding cell.

"To think, I'd be in this situation again. I'm sorry, Ms. Naomi." said Ms. Akure, as she looked at her hand, and felt useless. 

"Aww.. Don't be so hard on yourself, hun. It can't be helped, when dealing with the likes of me. Everything that happened today, was inevitable." said Jaleesa, as she sat right next to Ms. Akure. "You hungry? I was gonna stop and grab a bite to eat, if you wanted me to bring you something back." she said, as she got up to stretch.

Ms. Akure was puzzled by Jaleesa. "A-are you messing with me? You slaughtered all of my colleagues in cold blood, you kidnap me, and you just casually ask, if I want something to eat? What's wrong with you?" said Ms. Akure. 

"What? Massacring people, works up my appetite. If you're not hungry, that's fine, but just let me know, and I'll bring you something to eat." said Jaleesa, as she walked off.

"What is with these girls?" said Ms. Akure.

 

Jaleesa stopped by Miakumi's office, to inform her of the mission's success.

"Well, the deed is done, Miakumi-sama. I completely destroyed the military unit, that was assigned to protect the research facility, as well as all of the faculty. Ms. Akure is in a holding cell, as we speak." said Jaleesa.

"Well done, Jaleesa, well done indeed. Now we can commence to the next phase." said Miakumi, as Jaakuna and Blair walked into the office.

"Everything is ready to go, Miakumi-sama. Production of the energy weapons, will begin, the day after tommorow." said Blair.

"More good news. You three have made me proud. It's thanks to your actions, that this world will be born, anew." said Miakumi.

"(Hmph.. Yeah. Too bad, you won't be around to see it.)" thought Jaakuna. "Thank you, very much, Miakumi-sama, but it's thanks to your leadership, that we were able to pull all of this off." said Jaakuna.

"(She's lying through her teeth. You're quite the actor, aren't you, Jaakuna? Too bad, I see right through it. Hmhmhmhm.. ) thought Blair. 

"You all can relax for the rest of the day, we'll pick back up on things, tommorow." said Miakumi.

"Yes ma'am." said Jaakuna and Jaleesa, as they all walked out of the office. 

As Blair started to walk off, she suddenly stopped, and turned back to look at Miakumi for a few seconds.

"Hm? Is something bothering you, Blair?" said Miakumi.

"Well... yes. I need to come clean." she said, as she looked back to make sure Jaakuna was far enough away. "The truth, is I overheard that you were training Jaakuna, regarding seishi control. I'm sorry for meddling in affairs, that didn't concern me, but I thought you should know." said Blair.

"Hmm.. I see. So you're curious about Seishi control, are you?" said Miakumi.

"Yes. You promoted me not only to a full fledged mercenary agent, but a top tier at that, and I humbly appreciate it. However, I am not one to settle, and will strive for everything I possibly can. I would like to learn this, Seishi control." said Blair.

"Hmm.. Such tenacity. I figured, this would come up actually. I must warn you, that the training will likely be many times harder for you. Not to take anything away from the rest of you, but Jaakuna is a special case, so there is a possibility that you won't be able to master it to that degree, if at all." said Miakumi.

"I appreciate your honesty, Miakumi-sama, but still, I would like to try." said Blair.

"Very well.. We'll begin your training, immediately. If this does go well, and you and Jaakuna both ascend to new heights, then we'll be that much closer to being able to take out Javerius, and his crew." said Miakumi.

"Thank-you, Miakumi-sama. I am in your debt. (I've won, Jaakuna. It's too, bad. You might've realized your dream, had I not come along.  In ways, we're quite similar, but I've been manipulating my way to the top, for years, so I'll use your own little game, against you. I will be your undoing. hmhmhmhmhmhmhm..) thought Blair, as they headed to the training grounds.

Back at the hospital, Naomi was still laying in her bed, recuperating from her injuries that she received from Miakumi. 

"So Jaakuna is planning to go against Miakumi, but how? As strong as she is, there's no way she can win a fight against that demon. I threw everything, I had at her, and.. she slaughtered me, without barely moving from where she was standing." thought Naomi, as she recalled the events of her hopeless battle with Miakumi. "She must have some sort of weakness, but for the life of me, I can't see it. Please don't get yourself killed, Jaakuna. I wanna settle things with you, as much as you do." she thought, as she went to check her phone. "Hmm? Ms. Akure just shared files with me... Wait.. This is..." she said, shocked. "These look like files to the secret weapons, that were in development. Why is she giving them to me? Unless... Shit!" she said, as she tried to call her. "Please, pick up. come on, pick up." she said, but no one answered. "Damn! It's just one thing, after another. Don't tell me, they killed her. Wait, calm down, Naomi, and analyze the situation." she thought, as she tried to compose herself. "No. It's more likely, that they captured her, especially since they didn't kill her the first time they had her in custody. They probably plan to use her expertise. I've got to heal, and fast. She's trusting me with this case, so I absolutely can't let them have their way with her." she said, frustrated.

Back at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Miakumi was training Blair, to hone her seishi. As Blair tried to concentrate her seishi into a fireball, nothing really happened, except for a few small green sparks firing off in her hand.

"Damn.. This is alot harder than I expected." said Blair, frustrated. 

"Indeed. It's not something, just anyone can do, however.. You do have an extremely high amount of seishi. If you manage to learn how to control it, the sky is the limit. From what I heard from Jaleesa, you also have quite the cognitive ability. " said Miakumi. "Let's try something. Instead of trying to form your seishi into a fireball, I want you to focus it, around you. Think of it, as an extension of yourself, that surrounds you." she said.

"Ok..." said Blair, as she closed her eyes to focus, and visualized her seishi flowing around her.

"Good, that's it. Now, imagine it, expanding, and interacting with the objects around you." said Miakumi, as Blair continued visualizing her energy, as it collided with the surrounding area.

"Interesting.. It's as if, I can feel my surroundings without actually touching anything. Even though my eyes are closed, I can feel you standing right there, Miakumi-sama, as well as all of the objects in this room." said Blair.

"Amazing.. You just might learn how to master, that technique." said Miakumi.

"That technique?" said, Blair confused, as she opened one eye.

"Yes.. It's just as I thought. You have an affinity to cognitive demon arts. Being able to feel your surroundings with your energy, to that degree, is the beginning stages of demon art: premonition domain." said Miakumi.

"D-demon art: premonition domain?" said Blair.

"That's right. Jaleesa told me, all about the sparring session you two had. While Jaleesa is much physically stronger than you, you were able to catch her off guard and land a blow, by reading into her move patterns, and responding with the necessary counter. To be able to pull that off, against someone stronger and faster than yourself is quite a feat. If you combine your natural talent for reading your opponent, with your seishi acting as an extension, you will be able to achieve a certain degree of precognition. You'll be able to see attacks coming your way, before they are even unleashed." said Miakumi.

"Amazing. So that's Premonition domain?" said Blair.

"Yes. You're opponents muscle movements, projectiles, everything, will be imaged into your mind, before they happen, as long as it's within the radius of your seishi output." said Miakumi.

"I see.. It's all starting to make sense. (If I can master this, then even Jaakuna won't know how to counter it. Sorry, but this is the beginning of your end. hmhmhmhm.)" chuckled Blair, as she continued to practice feeling her surroundings.

That evening, Jaakuna was at her mansion, as she sat on the edge of her balcony, and enjoyed the breeze.

"As rotten as this world, and it's people are, it certainly can be a thing of beauty." she said, as she looked down at the beach, and the city that could be seen, from her houses high vantage point. "First, I'll use Kurai Yohei to rid Japan, of all it's vermin scum, and once I've established my dominance, I'll mold society into something more beautiful, then words can describe. It's time to take your leave, Miakumi. This is my time, not yours." laughed Jaakuna. ""I think I finally understand what you are Miakumi. Your unfathomable amount of strength, Demon Arts, the negative emotions in which we agents represent. It's all becoming much clearer to me. Hmhmhmhm.. I originally hypothesised, that she was using some sort of dark magic, or was part of some sort of cult, but no. I've been working for a demon, this whole time. heh.. what a laugh. However.. if my theory is correct, that body of hers, most likely belongs to an actual person. Which means, heh heh heh heh heh.. she can be seperated from it." she thought, as she got off the ledge. She started up her hot tub, and began to strip her clothing, off of her voluptuous body, as it was slowly exposed. "I don't know how to perform exorcism in the traditional sense, but... just maybe if I can hone my seishi to a level, that attacks not only the body, but the spirit as well, then perhaps, I can drive her out of that vessel." she thought, as she slipped into the hot tub. "Yeah, if I can sharpen my seishi and channel it through my doomsaber, then pulling off an attack that can target her very essence; should very well be plausible. I'll have to do it, at a moment where her guard is at it's lowest." she thought. 

The following day, Blair was still practicing her seishi control, with Miakumi.

"Alright Blair, let's test your progress." said Miakumi, as she used telekinesis to cause a metal rod to fly towards Blair, from behind.

Blair's eyes suddenly dilated, as if her senses were going wild, and she simply moved her head to the side to dodge the rod. "It worked. It's just like you said. I was able to sense that rod coming, before it even flew." said Blair.

"Incredible.. To master it to that extent in just two days. The time and field of vision, in which you are able to predict is still relatively small. I'd say around two seconds in the future, within a 7-8 meter radius, is about your limit.  However, with superhuman reflexes and speed on the level of yours, that makes a world of difference." said Miakumi. 

"I see. I can feel it. I can feel myself, getting stronger." said Blair.

"I initially recruited you, primarily, to be my financial manager and advisor. I must admit, even I am quite impressed, to find that you would have this level of combat ability. The bar for being a top tier agent has raised, yet again, with two of you, knowing how to control seishi. But be honest with me, Blair. You're doing this, because you see Jaakuna as a rival, don't you?" said Miakumi.

"Heh.. That's right. I understand, that she has been you're prized warrior for some time now, but I want to surpass her. I'm curious, Miakumi-sama. As it stands now, how do you think I compare to Jaleesa?" said Blair.

"Hmhmhm.. Trying to see, how close you're getting, eh? I see you have quite the competitive spirit. I would say, you and Jaleesa are around even, now. Your physical stats are still below hers, but your new ability could very well pull you a win, or at least a stalemate." said Miakumi.

"I see.. I figured as much. Thank-you, for taking the time to teach me this technique. I guess, I should get going. Tommorow is a big day, after all. said Blair, as she left the training grounds.  (Hmhmhmhm.. If my incomplete abilities already have me equal to Jaleesa, then surpassing her will be easy. That just leaves Jaakuna. If my hunch is correct, she'll likely attempt a coup, at some point. All I have to do, is prepare and position myself, to pick up the pieces from the resulting chaos. Hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm...)  thought Blair, as she walked down the hall, with a conniving grin.

To be continued:

Next Time: You're finished!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0