Chapter 49: Jaakuna vs. Miakumi (The Demonic Battle, concludes.)
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jaakuna Seishi Control lineart with glasses color  by cmpnaruto

In the back area, of the manufacturing plant, a battle had ensued between Jaakuna and Miakumi. On the defensive, Miakumi had been forced to transform into her true, hideous, demonic form.

"You'll regret this Jaakuna. You could've had everything, everything you've ever wanted, but you've thrown it away. Now you're body is mine!" said Miakumi, as she rushed at Jaakuna.

"(So fast!)" thought Jaakuna, as she blocked Miakumi's claw with her saber. Suddenly Miakumi's snake tail, whipped around and attempted to strike Jaakuna, with it's fangs. Jaakuna quickly, sidestepped the attack, but 100s of snake strikes followed, as she desperately evaded, in quick succession. As Jaakuna dodged, a massive backhand punch from Miakumi, suddenly knocked her into a wall. "Guhh!" she gasped, as she rammed into the wall. As soon as she shook off the attack, and opened her eyes,  a massive beam of energy was inches away from colliding with her. Jaakuna rolled out of the way, just barely avoiding the blast, as the beastial Miakumi attempted to claw her before she could even get back up on her feet . Jaakuna sprung herself off the ground with every limb, and ricocheted off the ceiling behind Miakumi. "Haaaa!" she said, as she delivered a massive wind-enhanced slash to Miakumi's back.

"Ughhh!" gasped Miakumi, as she swiped behind her with her claw. Jaakuna was able to dodge the attack, and blitzed in front of Miakumi. "Got ya!" said Miakumi, as she used her other claw to grab Jaakuna. "Now, you're mine!" she said, as her snake tail went to bite Jaakuna. 

"Ughh.." said Jaakuna, as she quickly used her saber to chop the serpant in half, before it could strike. As Miakumi screamed in pain, from having her tail chopped off, Jaakuna freed herself from Miakumi's grasp. "Hmph.. I'm amazed you still have so much power left. Nevertheless, this fight is coming to a close." she laughed. 

"S-shit! I'm running out of time. I've got to get her body, before it's too late." said Miakumi, as her power continued to decline, due to Jaakuna's initial surprise attack, and her lack of a host. "Now, while she's distracted." said Miakumi, as the serpant that appeared to be dead, suddenly sprung from behind Jaakuna, at incredible speed.

As Blair watched from above, she yelled at Jaakuna. "Behind you!" she said, as she used her precognition ability, to react to the attack.

"Huh? Shit!" said Jaakuna, as she split the snake in half horizontally, starting at the jaw. As soon as Jaakuna turned back to face Miakumi, she was gone. Only a massive hole in the ground, remained.

"Below you, at 6:00!" said Blair, as she still had her ability active.

"Huh?" said Jaakuna, as she jumped into the air, as a massive claw bursted from the ground in an attempt to grab her.

"What's going on? Of course, Blair's premonition domain technique." thought Miakumi, as she rushed towards Blair in an attempt to hault her assistance.

"Hmhmhm.. Oh no you don't!" said Jaakuna, as she pierced Miakumi in the back with another invisible energy strike with her saber, before she could make it to Blair. 

"Guhh!" said Miakumi, as she coughed up more blood.

"Haven't you learned yet, that you should never turn your back on me? You've lost." said Jaakuna, as she stood confidently, with her saber poised for attack.

"Damn you, Jaakuna." said Miakumi, as she rushed at Jaakuna with a barrage of punches, swipes, and kicks, but by this point, her combat strength and speed had depleted far too low, as she was able to hit nothing, but air.

Jaakuna evaded the blows, and even started to mix in quick lightning slashes all over Miakumi's body, in between Miakumi's attacks. The nature of the electric strikes, not only caused massive damage, but also had a numbing affect, that further slowed Miakumi's movements.  

"W-what have you done to me? My body!" said Miakumi, in pure agony, as blood spurted from all over her body.

"Hmhmhm.. You're combat strength is dropping, to the point, you're starting to bore me. This is the price you pay, for trying to control things that you have no business messing with. Hmhmhmhm.." laughed Jaakuna.

"T-this can't be happening! I am the perfect life form!" said Miakumi.

"Oh, sure it can, Miakumi, for you aren't the perfect life form. That's simply a delusion you cling to, in order to escape the fear of death. Now that you're being faced, with the harsh reality of things, that mental barrier is starting to crumble." said Jaakuna, as she relished the moment. "How does it feel, being forced to submit to the very prize, that you were trying to abuse? That false confidence of yours, doesn't mean a damn thing in the presence of true perfection." said Jaakuna, as she pointed her blade at Miakumi.

"N-noo. Noooooo!! This is an illusion. It has to be! You're just a welp. I've existed for milleniums. You're body, you're power, belongs to me! You don't deserve it!" said Miakumi, as she rushed at Jaakuna at high speeds, only for her arm to be sliced off even faster. "What?!Gaaaaahh!" she screamed, as she grew desperate. Miakumi simply dove at Jaakuna, in an attempt to maul her. 

"(She's not even thinking anymore. She's lost it.) thought Jaakuna. You're done. You're wide open." she said, as she chopped off her other arm. As the beast, roared in pain, from having both of her arms chopped off, Jaakuna blitzed from behind Miakumi, and sliced her in half, with a fully charged slash, that not only was enhanced with wind, fire, and lightning, but also her own energy. 

Miakumi began to enter a state of absolute fear, as her top half, fell face first to the floor; while her legs fell backwards. "J-Jaakuna, wait. Please.. Don't do this. You'll come to regret it, in the future. Let us work together, and I promise, you won't go unrewarded." said Miakumi, as she stared up at Jaakuna, as she slowly approached her. 

"Listen to yourself, right now. What a pitiful sight you are, to look at. To think, I was nervous, at the thought of facing you. I've already told you, that I have everything I need to take your place. I've no use for a chopped up beast, that can do nothing, but grovel at my feet. You make me laugh, Miakumi." said Jaakuna, as she stomped her boot on the beast's head, in a show of dominance and victory. "You've only yourself to blame, for this humiliating defeat. You were too lax. Had you just possessed me when you had the chance, instead of waiting for shit to hit the fan, you might've succeeded. This is reality in it's purest form, Miakumi, hmhmhmhmhm." she said, as she laughed at her former master, while grinding her foot on Miakumi's head. 

Even Blair began to get chills, at what she was witnessing. "(S-so this is Jaakuna, in battle, huh? What insane, bloodthirst.) thought Blair, as she began to sweat a bit. 

"T-this is impossible. How could this have happened?" said Miakumi, in pure horror of what was befalling her.

"It's simple. You tried to subjugate that, which can't be subjugated." said Jaakuna. "A lesson learned too late, but don't worry. This is nothing compared to what I'll do to my father. I'll erase him, and everything he stands for completely. At least with you, you're legacy and empire will live on, and continue to grow through me. " she said, as she plunged her sword in Miakumi's heart. "Goodbye, Miakumi. Thankyou, for helping me come this far. I'll make sure, that it doesn't go to waste." she said, as Miakumi's body began to fade away completely.

"S-she did it. What a battle. This wasn't a fight between people. If was a fight between monsters." said Blair, in shock at what she just witnessed.

Jaakuna stood there for a second in a moment of silence, but slowly grinned, before throwing her head back, and laughing an evil victorious laugh. "Hmhmhmhmhm... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I've done it. Miakumi is no more!" she said, as she glanced at Blair. "Hmm.. Nothing? The moment of victory, is when an enemy is most vulnerable." laughed Jaakuna.

"Heh.. hmhmhm.. I've no desire to fight you, Jaakuna. I understand your skepticism, but I told you. I went into this in hopes that you'd be the new leader, and I meant what I said.  said Blair, as she tried to maintain a calm demeanor. (I can't beat her right now. I've got to wait it out.) thought Blair.

"Hmhm.. Oh, relax.. I was only messing with you. I know full well, you're not so stupid, as to attack me, after witnessing the clear gap in power and skill; between us. Still.. I'll give credit, where credit is due. Thanks for the assist. Had Miakumi, not fallen into our trap, this battle likely, would've had a much uglier outcome." she said, as she put her saber away. 

"You're welcome. Thanks to her being caught off guard, by that sneak attack, she was practically dying from the start of the fight." said Blair, as she sat down on a ledge. She looked down at the body of the woman, who Miakumi was possessing. "Poor thing. I wonder just how long Miakumi was possessing that body." said Blair.

"Who knows. She looks young, but it was probably a freakin long time. I doubt anything of who she used to be remained, so she wouldn't have survived being separated from Miakumi, anyways.  Ya know, there were a few instances, where you were able to react and warn me of certain attacks, that nearly blindsided me. Even considering Miakumi's diminished strength, I'm surprised that you were able to do that." said Jaakuna, as she also sat down on a ledge, to rest herself.

"(Hmm.. I don't want her knowing about my premonition domain, just yet.) thought Blair. "Heh.. Well, looking from the outside in, I guess it was just easier to see certain things, since you were in the heat of battle." said Blair, as she lowered her eyelids in a nonchalant expression.

"I suppose, that's true." said Jaakuna, as her eyes narrowed inquisitively, at Blair. "At any rate, I'll keep my end of the deal. In addition to being my top agent, and secretary, you'll also be my advisor." said Jaakuna. 

"Thank you very much, Jaakuna, or should I say, Jaakuna-sama." said Blair. "I'll make sure to live up to your expectations." said Blair, as she played along, and gave a friendly smile to Jaakuna.

"Hmhmhm.. I'm sure you will. In fact, I need your input on something, right now." said Jaakuna. 

"Hm? What would that be?" said Blair.

"You're used to moving up, and taking over, in leadership roles in the field you're in, right? In your opinion, what would be the best way, to go about breaking the news to the other agents?" said Jaakuna.

"Ohh? Hmhmhm.. Seems, the great Jaakuna-sama, doesn't have all the answers after all. Could it be, that you had doubts that you'd get this far?" chuckled Blair, as she playfully teased Jaakuna.

"Oh, please.. Cool it. I'm simply weighing my options, here. Originally, I had planned to simply eradicate anyone who wasn't loyal to me, but if I went that route, it would be just as Miakumi said. Everything would slowly, but surely fall apart.  Until I learn how to create superhuman agents from regular people, like Miakumi did, I'll have to work with the one's I got." said Jaakuna.  "However, I don't have the same influence over everyone the way Miakumi did." she said.

"Very true. I'm still rather new, so I didn't develop an attachment with Miakumi like that, but most of the agents seem to have a pretty high opinion of her." said Blair. "I highly doubt, many of them will take the news of her death very well, especially if they know you're the one who killed her." she said. (Why is she openly asking me something like this? Is she TRYING to make the situation easier for me to manipulate? I don't get it.) thought Blair, confused.

"Yeah, I know." said Jaakuna, as she put her finger on her lip to think. "Hmm.. Miakumi did say my Dad was even stronger than she was, and that he has mercenaries around her level. I could.... blame her death on them. Hmmm." said Jaakuna, as she glared at Blair. (Hmhmhmhm.. Now what's your opinion gonna be Blair? If I were in your shoes, I'd want to destroy everyone's trust in me, that way you could make your transition as leader, instead, am I right?) thought Jaakuna.

"(Damn it.. She's testing my loyalty, while covering her tracks all at the same time. If Jaakuna lies about the cause of Miakumi's death, then I could easily use that to turn everyone against her; but that's what she's counting on me to do. Well played, Jaakuna.) thought Blair, as she tried to hide her uneasiness. Well.. You could come out, and be honest about everything. It could actually strengthen the trust that you have with everyone. Besides, regardless of their opinions now, I'm sure they'd rather follow an actual leader, then some demon who could've been planning to enslave everyone in hell for all we know." said Blair, reluctantly.

"Of course. Most of the members shouldn't be aware, that Miakumi was a demon. It's so simple. Once I reveal everything, then just as you said, it could actually wind up being for the better. It's just a matter of convincing them, that it actually is the truth." said Jaakuna. (Heh.. With this. Blair won't be able to just turn everyone against me. I wonder what she's thinking right now?) thought Jaakuna.

"Well, at least you have a witness. said Blair. (Damn, I didn't expect her to go this route. I guess she's learning from Miakumi, and her mistakes. She's arrogant, but not stupid, I guess. I'd be as good as dead, if she found out that I was trying to manipulate the organization, against her . I need to gain Jaakuna's trust, and lower her guard, if I hope to beat her.) thought Blair.

To be continued:

Next time: The new ruler, of Kurai Yohei.

 

 

 

 

0