Chapter 2 | Recovery
2k 13 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 | Recovery

-2-

“... Help! Please!...”

 

“..S-Stop! What are you doing!?..”

 

“...Argh!...”

 

I woke up from my seemingly neverending nightmare, and for the first time I felt relieved in what felt like ages, and was immediately hit by the feeling of as if a truck had hit me.

 

“Nnnn…”

 

I opened my eyes, to find myself in a hospital room, I was laying down on the hospital bed, with the typical light bluish sheets and a TV in the corner. I listened to the TV, trying to get my brain to focus on one task at a time.

 

“... Following the raid police conducted, Rollycrunch has released a statement, and the CEO is now in for a court hearing, slated for March 23, 2023.”

 

It’s 2023? No, that couldn’t be right, I clearly remember… I can’t remember anything. I almost absolutely couldn’t remember anything, except that horrid nightmare. This time trying really hard I was only greeted by a headache.

 

“Hey, you awake?”

 

The voice caught me off-guard, a policeman had been watching me the entire time?

 

“Wh-who are you?”

 

Jake: “I’m officer Jake, who are you?”

 

“...”

 

“... I don’t know.”

 

Jake: “Hmmm… That’s no good, can you remember anything?

 

I could only make a sad face

 

“N-no.”

 

But something was off with my body, it felt as if my hearing was sharper than before, and like if something was wiggling, like an extension to my butt or something.

 

“C-can I get a mirror?”

 

Jake: “Sure.”

 

The officer gave me a handheld mirror, which I took, extending my arm. I could see my entire face, rosy cheeks, gold-ish brown eyes, long silky brown hair, but there was something wrong. Cat ears?! Despite me having amnesia I’m fairly sure I didn’t have Cat ears, and nor should I. Why am I like this? Why isn’t the officer freaking out? What happened during the time I was asleep?

 

I started to tear up, I wanted to cry.

 

Jake: “Woah easy now, I know that this could be a shock.”

 

That didn’t help. I started crying,

 

Sniff W-what has happened to m-me?”

 

Jake: “Umm… Excuse me for a second.”

 

The policeman exited the room, leaving me alone. I instinctively curled up, something fluffy touched my arm, and was resting between my legs, taking a peek under the sheets I was greeted by a brown tail, hugging me as if it was trying to comfort me, and I gratefully accepted it, hugging my tail tightly.

 

After some amount of time I dozed off, in a dreamless sleep.

 

-o-

 

Jake: “Miller, she apparently doesn’t remember anything, no names, nothing!”

 

Miller: “That’s pretty bad, but Rollycrunch is probably going down anyways, they have been losing lots of money these past days.”

 

Jake: “Moving away from Rollycrunch, what should we do? We don’t have any id since the system can’t recognize her, so we don’t know her parents, or any relatives that could take care of her, and I sure as hell don’t trust CPS to handle this any better.”

 

Miller: “Considering that she appears to be of asian descent, maybe we should put a request with the embassies?”

 

Jake: “Smort, like the proposal, let’s go with that.”

 

-o-

 

I was awakened by light shining through the window, someone had left the curtains open.

 

The cutest yawn you’ll ever hear mmm.”

 

I was feeling really hungry when I woke up, who knows how long it had been since I last had a proper meal. I pressed the nurse button with a firm press, the button didn’t give a satisfying click, leaving me in a tad more sour mood. The door leading to my room opened, and in came a nurse, probably in her twenties, blue eyes and brown hair.

 

“How can I help you?”

 

“Ummm, I’m hungwy.”

 

Realising the slipup I did I immediately blushed, And hid under my blankets, my cat ears pressed flat onto my head. I could make out a squealing sound from the nurse, probably from how cute I was right now.

 

“I’ll get you something to eat right away!”

 

She said that a tad too enthusiastically didn’t she?

 

Trying to distract myself my mind wandered back to yesterday, the voice of the woman on the TV was crystal clear.

 

“... Following the raid police conducted, Rollycrunch has released a statement, and the CEO is now in for a court hearing, slated for March 23, 2023.”

 

What could it have meant? I don’t really know anything about Rollycrunch, but the part that piqued my interest was the “police raid”, maybe I was involved in this? The news said that the raid took part yesterday… Which was yesterday's yesterday so two days ago maybe? I don’t really remember anything past yesterday. I shook off that thought, and put it off for later, Now I really just wanted to eat something.

 

End of chapter 2


me so speed! ok anyways, our cute lil catgirl finds herself in a unknown situation, how will it go for her? that we will know in chapter 3, and as always, please point out any grammar or spelling mistakes as that makes me a better writer! Punchew out.

64