Chapter 10 | Home routine
1.1k 11 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 | Home routine

-o-

So Yesterday I dreamt of playing games, it was fun. But there was something bothering me, I had woken up in the fluffy blankets with a major bedhead, and my hair was all over the place and yet I had quite the few questions in my head. I know I asked for headsets yesterday but… How would I wear them? Thinking of it, headsets were often formed like cups for normal ears, but considering that my ears aren’t like that… I rolled on my belly and gave my bed a fist whack. Gonna ask mom about it later.

 

I got up from the bed, sitting on the edge. Using my fingers I started grooming, I had gotten quite good at controlling my claws, by tensioning my fingers I would sort of squeeze my claws out which meant that as long as I was careful of not putting too much pressure on my fingers my claws wouldn’t come out.

 

After grooming I walked over to the body mirror. Since when did that get here? I did a spinn, the white dress fluttered a bit before going back to its usual state. I was beautiful and cute. Maybe unbelievably so. Man, what are people gonna think of me when I go to school… Shoving those thoughts down and away, I started thinking more positively. Think positive thoughts. 

 

Walking down the stairs I was met by Mom sitting by the table reading some tabloid, judging by the state of the kitchen I think she recently made breakfast.

 

She put the tabloid down and greeted me.

 

“Good morning sunshine!”

 

“Morning mom!”

 

“There is some breakfast leftover on the table, sleepyhead.”

 

I pouted at her remark, hopping on to the chair I started eating breakfast.. It was simple, toasted bread, butter and some condiments. Kaoru and Dad were nowhere to be seen though.

 

“Mom, where are Kaoru and Dad?”

 

“Them? Well they left for the cafe half a hour ago.”

 

I looked down. I had missed saying goodbye to them.

 

“Mrrrrrr.”

 

Oh yeah, I also needed to ask about my headset. I looked up again, with a slightly less sad face.

 

“Mmm. About the headphones I asked for yesterday.” 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“Well, I thought about it and well, how am I supposed to wear them? I know this sounds stupid but seriously, how am I supposed to wear them?” 

 

Mom snickered at my silliness. “Don’t worry about that, I have a solution for it already.” 

 

“Mm okay.” With that question out of my chest I felt a bit relieved. And then another question popped in. 

 

“So, I am going to school right?” 

 

“Yes.” 

 

“And I’m supposed to take this test right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Is the test hard though?” I asked shyly in a lowered voice.

 

“Don’t think so.”

 

“O-okay.” I think I was practically blushing at this point, just thinking about the question made me cringe a bit on the inside.

 

I quickly scurried back to my room, diving head first into the pillow. Using the pillow to calm down. Come to think of it, there were food bowls for cats down in the living room, but I haven’t really seen any cats around here. This time only walking part way down the stairs, I asked Mom.

 

“Mom, do you have cats as pets here?”

 

“Yeah, we do why?”

 

“It’s just that I haven’t seen the cat around the house.”

 

“Huh, welp it’s true that Ryu has been avoiding you.”

 

Satisfied with the answer I went back to my room, if the cat was avoiding me then alright, not that it hurt my feelings or anything.

 

Really though, it was boring in my room without anything to do, sure I could probably find something to do, but I’m lazy. So getting down the stairs for the last time, I jumped onto the couch, grabbed the remote and flipped to a channel that I found interesting.

 

The rest of the day went like usual, Kaoru got home around 5 pm and Dad came 7 or 8, I greeted Kaoru with a hug, to be honest I had missed her.

 

She hugged me back, accepting my display of affection.

 

Apparently the cat known as Ryu was at the cafe, since he had walked with Kaoru home. I think he didn’t like judging by the glare I was getting.

 

The gaming computer and Red bean bag had arrived during the evening, so after getting it all in place the bean bag now sat next to the desk, and a new computer proudly rested on the table, along with the computer mouse. Mom said that the headset would be a special one made to fit me, of course that made me happy and I gave her a hug.

 

After dinner I wanted to try out some games, after setting up the computer with the help of Dad I was all ready to go, except the headset.

 

I was just about to download my first game on the computer when Ryu suddenly jumped on the table, blocking my view of the screen. His fur was short and fuzzy, with a tabby pattern decorating it. He was giving me a glare the entire time, as if I was another cat or something.

 

“Who are you?”

 

That caught me by surprise, since normally cats don’t speak, right? I just stared at him with a shocked expression, not making any sounds.

 

“I’ll ask again, who are you?”

 

His voice was polite yet firm, giving of a very authoritative vibe.

 

I answered in a quiet voice.

 

“I’m Misaki, I guess you’re Ryu no?”

 

Ryu blinked once, his ear twitched and his tail gave a snappy flick.

 

“You understood me?”

 

Wait, yeah it made sense, normally humans can’t understand animals.

 

“Y-yeah, I do?”

 

“Alright.”

 

And he left, seemingly satisfied with my answer. Maybe he’s just shy himself? Moving on to other thoughts, I got back to the computer screen, I pressed the download button.

 

A few minutes passed and the game downloaded. I think I remembered a few things, as I managed to log on to an account which was seemingly full of things. Guess I was a huge gamer in my past life huh. Ignoring the items I got to re-reading the tutorial again, after all it had probably been a while since I played this game. 

 

I spent a good few hours on the game, as I found myself grinding in a familiar spot on the map. Deja vu? Probably.

 

I got bored of the game at some point, and stopped playing the game. It had been a fun while, but at the same time I felt as if this was the start of an unhealthy addiction. Pushing past those thoughts, I brushed my teeth and got to sleeping.

 

Today has been kinda boring but kinda fun.


Hah! You think chapter 10 release on saturday, but I release today!

in all seriousness tho guys thx for 10k views! seeing this has made me full of motivation to continue write this series to the end! please post a review so you can fill my motivation meter even more! Punchew out.

psst. want to support me? buy me a ko-fi!

want to know surprises such as these? join my discord server!

48